Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s not an opinion call. There is no black and white. It was a penalty that should have been called.  There were several today.  

Diggs initiated every bit as much of that contact as the DB; two guys fighting for position on a game-deciding play.

No call.

• Disagree 5
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

If Evans hasn't tackled him, he would have been able to make a play for the interception. Seems like some people want defensive backs to just run backwards the whole play.

If he turned his head, he would have been able to make the play for the interception, regardless of Evans, Evans was reaching for the ball, it's interference because the DB's head wasn't turned when it was obvious by Evans' motions that the ball was on the way.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

The refs were terrible, but it seems like these missed calls might be in Diggs head. He spends more time looking for a flag than fighting for the ball the past few weeks. 

The point is he's not Mike Adams or a bigger WR, he should try to set up the DB and get open with his god given ability. At least I would rather the DB win the battle instead of throwing a 50/50 ball. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Gotta say, love the heart shown by the team. Josh Allen was stellar in the 2nd half especially. I take a few things away from this game. One of the biggest is that McDermott is holding this team back.

He constantly preaches toughness and coaches scared. He tells his team "I don't trust you to gain 3 yards" in a big spot and punts. Officiating and McDermott cost this team a great comeback win.

Our inability to stop the run is killing us.  When you allow the RB to get 5-6 yards after contact and thereby giving their Offense a chance on a short yardage is really killing this team...It hurt us last week and hurt us this week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Gotta say, love the heart shown by the team. Josh Allen was stellar in the 2nd half especially. I take a few things away from this game. One of the biggest is that McDermott is holding this team back.

He constantly preaches toughness and coaches scared. He tells his team "I don't trust you to gain 3 yards" in a big spot and punts. Officiating and McDermott cost this team a great comeback win.

Yet McD still has his defenders. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Better talent can keep games out of reach of the refs. Bills still lack too much talent to be a good team.

Oh bull#### it would have been first down on the one yard line, we also would have had at least a field goal in the first half. I’m tired of you people covering for ***** officiating. It absolutely determined the game whether you admit it or not. How we played doesn’t matter, we were in a position to win, the cheating ref ignored the call.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Success said:

This season has been gut-wrenching - the opposite of the run we went on in '20.

2 in a row, just like that.  A chance to win from inside the 10.

There is no choice:  this team HAS to win out now.

Think we're getting there with a 10-7 record; we can afford a defeat at Foxboro though we're good enough to win it.

Apologies, Sky must have had it wrong, as the official site have us at 7.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BernieBill said:

Btw, Diggs was simply terrible in this game.

Agreed.  he did not give Josh any chance to get a TD on that last drive in regulation.  Coming away with a FG there was tough, We needed to win the game there on the road.

• Like (+1) 3

And as nice as the comeback was, the fact is they needed to comeback because they were down 24-3 at halftime ... the Bills coaches do not prepare this team to play in the 1st halves of games ... TB's D has been giving up points all year ... can't have a Josh Allen team score 3 goddamn points in the 1st half.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

you don’t know football do you? 25 seconds is more than enough time to get off 3 passes into the endzone.

The guy I responded to intially said they would definately score as Josh is 6'5 and had the ball from the 1... does that imply run?

eh 1st and goal at the 1 with a 6’5 come on man 

What this Season is showing me. Is that we smartly paid our Franchise QB. This season from Allen should shut everyone up. He is still elite. 

McD’s seat needs to start heating up. He has regressed big time this year. 

Singletary is your RB1 stop ***** around. 

Fix the OL and window is fully open. 

the Bills win in spite of their HC. He is a shell. I would be fine moving in from him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh in the 2nd half is why I have said all week we will beat the Patriots in Foxboro.

It's not over yet.

I expect 4 wins in a row now.

Josh is a one man team. Defense and OL took off the first half. Can’t have that and expect to win games. Lots and lots of work to do in the off season to fix this team. 

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I agree with you but can we get a better hc? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.