Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Hughes, Addison and  Sanders immediately come to mind. There are still several non aging players that I’d like to see fired into the sun. 

The offense plays so much better when you can flex Sanders spot for Davis or McKenzie.

5 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Offense looked great when Sanders went out. Davis is a baller, he needs to be on the field

Been saying for weeks... less Sanders and more Davis is what the passing game needs.    

Running game needs more Singletary and less rotation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

You're on the road against Brady. Need to play better. If they had, they would have won.

Maybe don't get down 24-3...

Thats not what you said.  What you are actually saying here though is the Bills need to outplay the referees which is a problem in the first place.  Referees should not be deciding games period.  If they call something one way.  It needs to be called the other way.  If they let it go one way.  They need to let it go the other way.

3rd and goal defender had Diggs arm wrapped as the defender was falling down.

3rd down in OT Wallace was pulled into the defender by the defender.

The refs decided the game period.  I don't care if its on the road.  I don't care if the team is playing against Tom Brady.  It shouldn't happen period

Your original argument was the team needs better talent so the game is kept out of reach.  The game was not kept out of reach by a team with better talent.  The refs literally kept the less talented team from winning the football game.  Thats what happened.

Its freaking stupid to sit and say they should play better when they are literally kept from playing better.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

you are exhausting with your view on McD. 

He literally coached this team to the playoffs multiple years and an AFC Championship in just a few years compared to many coaches out there.  Guess you wanted one of our past HC's to still be here?  maybe rex?  maybe Dick Jauron?  Maybe Gregg Williams?   

So yeah, lets get rid of them for an up and down year after going to the AFC Championship. 

He will adjust if this year doesn't pan out.   

Give your stupid hot take a rest and go outside for a walk.....

While this was not directed at me, this team is not good enough.  I'm glad that they finally showed up today.  It mutes the sting of a loss a bit.  But again they're not good enough, and it's really too late in the season to fix anything.  It's possible that they go 10-7 and make the playoffs, which is great -- given how terrible our favorite team was for many years before this regime took over.  But there's something wrong with this specific squad, and I don't find it probable that they will even make the SB this year.  This team got pantsed in the first half of this game, and we all saw it.  Who inspires the players to produce?  Coaches.

So, it's a quandary as to next steps, should 2021 fall outside of expectations.  I think that there are coaching flaws abound and that's translating to the product that's on the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Hughes, Addison and  Sanders immediately come to mind. There are still several non aging players that I’d like to see fired into the sun. 

Hughes and Addison they used a 1st and 2nd for already. 

Sanders I don’t care he can sit now and let Gabe Davis take his snaps (as he should have ALL season). 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

you are exhausting with your view on McD. 

He literally coached this team to the playoffs multiple years and an AFC Championship in just a few years compared to many coaches out there.  Guess you wanted one of our past HC's to still be here?  maybe rex?  maybe Dick Jauron?  Maybe Gregg Williams?   

So yeah, lets get rid of them for an up and down year after going to the AFC Championship. 

He will adjust if this year doesn't pan out.   

Give your stupid hot take a rest and go outside for a walk.....

How about you ignore my posts then.  You’re exhausting with your thumbs down on every post that criticizes the HC. I have my opinion and I know what I see if you don’t like it then carry on Mrs. McD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It's a joke. we score and win in regulation 

This is why I hate Brady so much.

Greatest ever, look at how he was so cool and calm today! Blah blah blah 

Meanwhile, that gets called and we win in regulation and the story is he blew a 21 point lead at home. And Allen was lights out.

But no... It more glory for Brady. His WR got calls and ours didn't. Just like always. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

I'm not saying the offense doesn't run through Allen but if they don't at least give the running back 10 to 15 carries a game they are only making it easier for the defenses to stop Allen.  The offense started working when they started running the ball because then the pass rush couldn't send everyone after Allen.  On top of that if we are going to run the ball it should be Singletary end of story.  For all that fumble talk the guy hasn't lost the ball once this year and he's better in space than anyone on this team and knows how to block as well. 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

People nationally are noticing the blatant favoritism the Bucs get but it doesn't matter

The league could literally come out tomorrow and admit the calls were favored and should have been made.  But it’s still a Bills loss, no matter what they admit to. 

14 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

If he turned his head, he would have been able to make the play for the interception, regardless of Evans, Evans was reaching for the ball, it's interference because the DB's head wasn't turned when it was obvious by Evans' motions that the ball was on the way.

As soon as Evans saw the pass was going to be short he pulled down Wallace with one arm and reached with the other. You and the refs fell for it unfortunately.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I wonder if McDermott will finally give Josh some credit or he'll give us the BS about we needed to take advantage of our opportunities better?

His ***** defense needs to step up FFS

Both the defense and the offense stepped up in the second half.  We outscored them 24-3.  That's poor defense?  Sure the first half sucked, but on a long shot we ended up playing Tampa in the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be afraid.  We can go toe to toe with them.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well don’t throw a fade on 3rd and 2 when your QB is playing like a generational dual threat QB, and you don’t have to pray the refs call something.

im not entirely unhappy, but I thought the team with the better players and better game plan won

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, npeartisgod said:

Whatever. Call me a clown. If I had the chance, I’d shake his hand as he limps off the plane and thank him for not giving up when a lot of us had.

Like I don’t know how much he makes per year, or that they could give a ***** about how I’m feeling, or how much I pay for merch or tickets.  

It’s fun and I love the team! Go Bills!

Well, you know what they say, One man’s trash is another man’s treasure😀

Just now, appoo said:

Well don’t throw a fade on 3rd and 2 when your QB is playing like a generational dual threat QB, and you don’t have to pray the refs call something.

im not entirely unhappy, but I thought the team with the better players and better game plan won

I thought the team that benefitted most from the refs won.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MPT said:

As soon as Evans saw the pass was going to be short he pulled down Wallace with one arm and reached with the other. You and the refs fell for it unfortunately.

Bad call, but you also can’t let Gronk get 15 on a 2nd and 17, while the OC completely pantsed our defense on the TD. That was an amazing playcall he was saving all day

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

Both the defense and the offense stepped up in the second half.  We outscored them 24-3.  That's poor defense?  Sure the first half sucked, but on a long shot we ended up playing Tampa in the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be afraid.  We can go toe to toe with them.

Yeah 488 yards and 33 pts is poor defense

• Agree 1

Just now, MPT said:

Man, I been watching football a long time ... when the DB doesn't turn his head in time, it's a penalty, sorry for injecting a little reality into the discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

We get into overtime and Dabol calls a run play and 2 weak ass pass plays from what I could see on tv didn’t even require the receivers to run past the first down marker and he was calling that crap all day…. I just don’t get it

He’s got to go, no reason to keep him, he’s killing us.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.