Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

We have the luxury of slow motion replay. The ref does not. So he either didn't see that, or the NFL is rigged. The latter being conspiracy garbage IMO.

These are paid officials and someone had an angle of that play if some nut in the stands got one from 20 rows back. You’re being extremely naive. 

Edited by Do The Reich Thing
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yes and no. This is really misleading. 

By the Bills Totally abandoning the run today in the first half, it really opened up the wide zone runs in the second half. Bucs defense was 100% playing the pass.  If we had come out more

balanced, DS wouldn’t have had nearly the same success. 

i think what they did today— pass like 80% of the time and run to keep the rushers honest— is the right formula going forward. 

By the same token the running in the second half opened up the passing game because it slowed down the pass rush enough for Josh to get rid of the ball. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Yes we should have had a first down on the 20 yard line if PI is called, field goal at least.

If you are playing a game counting on PIs being called, then you are lost at sea.  Has no one learned anything from the Academy Award winning (this is sarcasm) film "The Mighty Ducks"?  Don't take a dive; win the game.

4 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Why did we get rid of John brown he was a deep threat we are lacking now 

Injuries really sapped him of his speed. I love me some John Brown. Fun player to watch.

However there is a reason he has been on it least 3 other teams this year and can't stick. Father Time caught him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Groin said:

True, but to do so, our team also needed to show up in the first half.  So you have the variable of officiating in the mix, and has been proven time and time again in the modern NFL, you cannot rely on consistent officiating.  You've got to win ballgames, or you're *****.

And you don't see that as a problem?

Anyway, I'd point out that it is inconsistent only in that it is consistently bad for some teams and consistently good for others.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

It's funny to me how many eyerolls this comment has attracted ... I guess "blame the refs" is really what a lot of Bills fans think after this loss.  I appreciate the feedback

The pass rush that we had to start the season is gone.  The older guys are seem worn, the younger guys are still developing and need to step up.  

Next draft needs to focus on OL though. That is our biggest problem.  

Just now, BernieBill said:

It's funny to me how many eyerolls this comment has attracted ... I guess "blame the refs" is really what a lot of Bills fans think after this loss.  I appreciate the feedback

I mean your criticisms are correct obviously…either team can do a long list of things better in any game.  But this wasn’t one questionable call down the stretch where you could say well maybe don’t get yourself in the position where your chances of winning rely on one call late in the game or …the refs are human they miss things.  Diggs was absolutely held all game long when players on the other team were drawing Pi flags for the same thing. I don’t like blaming the refs but mannnn that game really pushed me to the limit lol if it’s one tossup type call late in a game then yea I totally agree with you 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Is there an explanation for why our star WR came out of the game multiple times on the final drive in regulation?

Our star WR has had 2 bad games in a row. He’s had 3 long passes that he couldn’t locate, & he just hasn’t gotten open on big plays. I was hoping we would try Davis on the last couple of 3rd down passes instead of Diggs.  

1 minute ago, Groin said:

If you are playing a game counting on PIs being called, then you are lost at sea.  Has no one learned anything from the Academy Award winning (this is sarcasm) film "The Mighty Ducks"?  Don't take a dive; win the game.

And yet that's exactly how the Bucs won the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, MPT said:

And you don't see that as a problem?

Anyway, I'd point out that it is inconsistent only in that it is consistently bad for some teams and consistently good for others.

Of course it's a problem, but it's certainly not one that's going to be solved in game.  If the NFL wanted to solve this problem, they with millions and millions of dollars of resources, they would've fixed it already.  They want parity, and they want teams to dominate others for a win.  Carping about officiating, given this dynamic, is a cop out plain and simple.  The Bills sucked first half, and no rational fan can un-spill what we all saw.

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Wrong, there was no 180. The ref likely looks for the head turned before shirt pulling, hence easier to miss the latter. 

Bro, you called it handfighting. 

Now you’re admitting the shirt pull. 

It’s a 180. Admit you were wrong… there’s a ***** paper trail. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

McD having the feel for that game and his players and deciding to punt swung the entire game in our favor. I can’t stand him but that was absolutely the right decision at that particular time in the game.

See I think there is an argument to be made that the bills already had the momentum and would have not only picked that 4th down up but would have put points up on that drive

The same could be said about using your punting unit instead of your quarter of a billion dollar QB on the drive before 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 727Bills said:

Suppose it was the refs fault for us getting demolished in the first half.

If we had any semblance of an O or D in the first half we wouldn't have to worry about some questionable officiating calls

The game is 60 minutes. The Bucs didn’t do much in the 2nd half. There are ebbs and flows. The sequence doesn’t matter just the score. Bottom line is those calls decided a close game. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Groin said:

If you can’t understand why we only had three points by a blatantly ignorant missed call you have no clue about the game. Nobody’s counting on anything except the game being called fairly. If you don’t understand how not calling three pi’s affect a game or not calling offensive pi affects a game I can’t help you. Nobody started the game expecting these things, these are just facts that affected the outcome of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

And yet that's exactly how the Bucs won the game.

How many rushes did the Bills have in the first half of the game?  How many yards?  Did Tom Brady clown us with his running or not?  Absolutely, they got the calls, but the only way to avoid relying on officiating is to play the game to win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

No, what I am saying is never rely on officiating, it's inconsistent. If you lose a game and you are crying about officiating, chances are you didn't play well enough to win handily.

So we need to win handily whereas the Bucs only need to win marginally?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

If you can’t understand why we only had three points by a blatantly ignorant missed call you have no clue about the game. Nobody’s counting on anything except the game being called fairly. If you don’t understand how not calling three pi’s affect a game or not calling offensive pi affects a game I can’t help you. Nobody started the game expecting these things, these are just facts that affected the outcome of the game.

Absolute nonsense on your part.  Everybody knows that officiating is broken in this league.  So the only way to win is to execute your game plan and make adjustments in game.

4 minutes ago, Groin said:

Of course it's a problem, but it's certainly not one that's going to be solved in game.  If the NFL wanted to solve this problem, they with millions and millions of dollars of resources, they would've fixed it already.  They want parity, and they want teams to dominate others for a win.  Carping about officiating, given this dynamic, is a cop out plain and simple.  The Bills sucked first half, and no rational fan can un-spill what we all saw.

Bucs sucked in the second half and Bills didn't so take a hike

15 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

See I think there is an argument to be made that the bills already had the momentum and would have not only picked that 4th down up but would have put points up on that drive

The same could be said about using your punting unit instead of your quarter of a billion dollar QB on the drive before 

The offense had stalled at that moment and it was 4th and like 5. I liked the call. There was still 10 minutes left. Sometimes it’s just as gutsy to punt than go for it and it worked.

Edited by Governor

1 minute ago, Groin said:

How many rushes did the Bills have in the first half of the game?  How many yards?  Did Tom Brady clown us with his running or not?  Absolutely, they got the calls, but the only way to avoid relying on officiating is to play the game to win.

Probably would have had more yards if Diggs weren't interfered with on a 60 yard touchdown pass. 

"Absolutely, we would have won if not for those calls, but you can't blame the calls for us not winning." Brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Uhm, officiating always affects every game. I never said it didn't affect this game. Looking at the calls/non-calls I can see how the refs arrived at their decisions. They both missed the contact by the Bucs players however. So either they are evil and the game was rigged, or thet just suck at their job.

Yes. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Groin said:

Absolute nonsense on your part.  Everybody knows that officiating is broken in this league.  So the only way to win is to execute your game plan and make adjustments in game.

Clown bs. We made adjustments in the 2nd half, the nonsense is people like you excepting mediocracy from officiating and thinking it doesn’t affect the outcome.

10 minutes ago, Groin said:

Lol  what does this prove…so you can just hold a teams star receiver in big moments because they should be winning by more than 7 and that score shouldn’t matter? 😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, what I am saying is never rely on officiating, it's inconsistent. If you lose a game and you are crying about officiating, chances are you didn't play well enough to win handily.

This doesn’t make sense considering 54% of NFL games are decided by 1 score. By your logic 54% of the time teams don’t play well enough to avoid bad calls from refs? That’s just a bad standard. 

NFL games are close… the refs have the opportunity to sway over half the results. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Bucs sucked in the second half and Bills didn't so take a hike

And...?

A GAME HAS TWO HALVES AND YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP FOR BOTH; else things are left up to chance.  It isn't that hard to understand.  Sure there were bad calls, but for anyone who witnessed myriad close Bills losses over the years, it always comes down to executing early and often.  And the Bills didn't do that until the sand was entering the lower portion of the hourglass today.  Don't blame the officials.

It's like having frozen brakes on your car and realizing that parking in the garage makes this problem go away.  So when you don't park in the garage, while knowing that your brakes have these issues, why don't you just park in the garage?

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol  what does this prove…so you can just hold a teams star receiver in big moments because they should be winning by more than 7 and that score shouldn’t matter? 😂

It proves that the Bills didn't show up in the first half and were hoping for a miracle if they were hoping for officiating to come through.  Again, I don't really remember these complaints earlier in the season when they were winning.

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Clown bs. We made adjustments in the 2nd half, the nonsense is people like you excepting mediocracy from officiating and thinking it doesn’t affect the outcome.

Don't rely on officiating at all.  Win.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I feel better about this team after that loss than I have in a few weeks. 

Anything can happen. 

Surprisingly same. I still dis like a lot of what I see from the coaching staff but the team/players themselves for the first time all year showed why they had super bowl expectations in the second half

The second half reminded me of the team from last season 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, what I am saying is the ref saw the head turned and hand fighting, which does not usually draw the flag. If the head was not turned, then he would have thrown the flag.

If he saw the head turned and handfighting… he saw the head turned with a handful of jersey you clown. The defender has his head turned and is yanking Diggs’ jersey so bad you can see his shoulder pads. 

Diggs isn’t handfighting… he has one arm free, the other being manipulated and his jersey being pulled. 

What you just said in your post above is NOT what you said initially. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.