Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, MPT said:

Probably would have had more yards if Diggs weren't interfered with on a 60 yard touchdown pass. 

"Absolutely, we would have won if not for those calls, but you can't blame the calls for us not winning." Brilliant.

Of course that is NOT what I said, and that makes you a liar.  SHOW ME where I wrote what you said.  Show me one place.  You can't.

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

If you can’t understand why we only had three points by a blatantly ignorant missed call you have no clue about the game. Nobody’s counting on anything except the game being called fairly. If you don’t understand how not calling three pi’s affect a game or not calling offensive pi affects a game I can’t help you. Nobody started the game expecting these things, these are just facts that affected the outcome of the game.

Refs have been screwing the Bills since the beginning of time. Today was no different. Yes we played terrible in the first half but we're entitled to a fairly officiated game. But the NFL needs other things to happen.  NFL officiating will never improve because these guys are not held accountable. They're simply doing what they're told in a wink wink nod nod kinda way.

This game in the first half reminded me of the 2nd SB vs the Skins and the 3rd SB vs Dallas. We were getting blown out, dominated and playing scared and nervous. All of course on national TV.   The 2nd half was a bit reminiscent of the 1st SB vs the Giants and unfortunately just like in that game we should have scored a TD at the end to win it but failed. Year after year this damn team rips my heart out. Can the football gods throw us bone for once?!!

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

So the Bills were not the benefit of a bad PI call against the Rams last season?

The Bills benefited from a soft PI call against the Rams last season. Also, that's the same game where Kroft made a catch and the refs just inexplicably called it an interception for the Rams. So yeah, we got hosed in that game too. Good memory.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

The real nonsense is fans whinning about the refs when they lose. How many decades has this been happening now exactly?

A NFL team finds a way to Win a SB every season, said team had good an bad experiences with the refs just like every other team in the league, they are just better than those other teams.

There has been clown fans saying the same drivel you present for as long as games have been played. To ignore the impact shows true ignorance on your part. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Refs have been screwing the Bills since the beginning of time. Today was no different. Yes we played terrible in the first half but we're entitled to a fairly officiated game. But the NFL needs other things to happen.  NFL officiating will never improve because these guys are not held accountable. They're simply doing what they're told in a wink wink nod nod kinda way.

Why are there only a few people aware of this as you are? It’s not that hard to understand, but damn their are a lot of 🤡’s here who don’t get it.

I don’t know where to say this about the McD punt in the 3rd but—in hindsight I think it looks even worse. The O was marching there and what the rest of the game proved was that the O had figured it out. It wasn’t a guarantee that they get the 1st there though. But, giving it back to the Bucs took many minutes off the clock and gave them 3 more points. They don’t get those 3 points, the Bills win with their FG in regulation. I get all the other “what if” scenarios but to me it looks worse now not better.

2 minutes ago, Groin said:

And...?

A GAME HAS TWO HALVES AND YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP FOR BOTH; else things are left up to chance.  It isn't that hard to understand.  Sure there were bad calls, but for anyone who witnessed myriad close Bills losses over the years, it always comes down to executing early and often.  And the Bills didn't do that until the sand was entering the lower portion of the hourglass today.  Don't blame the officials.

It's like having frozen brakes on your car and realizing that parking in the garage makes this problem go away.  So when you don't park in the garage, while knowing that your brakes have these issues, why don't you just park in the garage?

It proves that the Bills didn't show up in the first half and were hoping for a miracle if they were hoping for officiating to come through.  Again, I don't really remember these complaints earlier in the season when they were winning.

Don't rely on officiating at all.  Win.

I just don’t understand that…you’re playing the super bowl champs on the road and they’re allowed to hold your star receiver up and down the field and your answer is ‘play even better’ lol they weren’t hoping for pass interference to win the game like what…their star receiver frequently had a one on one matchup and he was frequently held. I am not a frequent complainer about the refs this is the first time for me…normally the refs are terrible but they’re terrible for both teams 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

If you want to win a SB, you have to keep the refs' fingers out of your business as much as possible.

Because at this point in time, the NFL still has human refs who make human mistakes.

On both of those calls, it is very easy for me to see how and why they made the call thet did. And I have seen them make those same calls in many games, not just this game.

There is nothing that can be done about it. They tried the replay for PI and the refs basically boycotted the mechanic by not overturning anything. They saw it as an affront to their authority.

I agree with this…

2 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I don’t know where to say this about the McD punt in the 3rd but—in hindsight I think it looks even worse. The O was marching there and what the rest of the game proved was that the O had figured it out. It wasn’t a guarantee that they get the 1st there though. But, giving it back to the Bucs took many minutes off the clock and gave them 3 more points. They don’t get those 3 points, the Bills win with their FG in regulation. I get all the other “what if” scenarios but to me it looks worse now not better.

The fake was worst.  At that point the first run by a Rb too.  Have Josh get 3 yards.  Probably hindsight go for both with the offense.  At worst they pick up 1 of them.  

If you want to win a SB, you have to keep the refs' fingers out of your business as much as possible.

Because at this point in time, the NFL still has human refs who make human mistakes.

On both of those calls, it is very easy for me to see how and why they made the call thet did. And I have seen them make those same calls in many games, not just this game.

There is nothing that can be done about it. They tried the replay for PI and the refs basically boycotted the mechanic by not overturning anything. They saw it as an affront to their authority.

You’re ignoring how dumb your statement is and continues to be. 54% of NFL games are decided by 1 score. 

You’re trying to sell me on the fact that teams aren’t doing enough if they’re playing a game that the refs can influence… 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I just don’t understand that…you’re playing the super bowl champs on the road and they’re allowed to hold your star receiver up and down the field and your answer is ‘play even better’ lol they weren’t hoping for pass interference to win the game like what…their star receiver frequently had a one on one matchup and he was frequently held. I am not a frequent complainer about the refs this is the first time for me…normally the refs are terrible but they’re terrible for both teams 

You are stuck in the "bad officiating" trap.  Again, how many rushes did the Bills have in the first half?  Could our D stop TB?  Did we get clowned by Brady and his running or not?

Just now, Gene1973 said:

What I said initially is what the ref saw. You seem to be saying the ref purposely made a bad call, because the game is rigged yadda. I tend to think human refs miss things.

That’s not what I said. Don’t put words in my mouth… just like you shouldn’t put your interpretation on what you thought the ref saw. 

Just now, Gene1973 said:

What I said initially is what the ref saw. You seem to be saying the ref purposely made a bad call, because the game is rigged yadda. I tend to think human refs miss things.

I understand what you're trying to say, but there's no excuse for them to miss clear and obvious penalties.  These aren't ticky tack to the letter of the rule calls, it's apparent and clear in the moment to everyone but that ref.

• Like (+1) 2

McD will have to divorce himself from the old conservative head coach thinking.  The NFL has changed.  Going for it on fourth down is now the trend.  Red Zone offense is stagnant.  Have to be smart, innovative and aggressive.  They are none of these. 

12 minutes ago, Groin said:

Of course that is NOT what I said, and that makes you a liar.  SHOW ME where I wrote what you said.  Show me one place.  You can't.

23 minutes ago, Groin said:

Absolutely, they got the calls

Considering "the calls" we're talking about resulted in a 14 point loss for us and a 7 point gain for the Bucs (a net of 21 points) I think it's a given that we would have won otherwise.

It's not ignorance. You are demanding the officiating gets "better". That demand is only about 30-40 years old if not more... So just keep whinning about officiating for another 40 years? Thats like whinning that taxes exist...

How about the Bills just get some better players and coaches? Maybe if they do that, they win more games.

How about you learn some new, less cynical takes? 

Both teams were equally as good and bad. The game was tied after 4 quarters of football. 

Like it or not, the refs played a part in why the Bucs won. Their "better players and coaches" didn't. Two calls/non calls gave them an advantage, whether you like it or not, and eventually secured them a win. 

Yeah if we were better overall, we win. No *****. If they're better overall they win without going to OT. It was an equal game and crucial penalty calls played a huge factor. Like it or not, it's what happened. 

What is your solution exactly? 

Mine is, the Bills get better. 

Yours is the refs get better, be held more accountable? When do you think that will happen, because me, I'm thinking never...

Again, you're accidently identifying the problem.

• Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sounds stupid but I felt like the season has been like Major league 2.  All the guys are back but paid and have no fire.  Then they fight and come together.  The second half is what they have been chasing all year imo.  

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Easy to see?! Do you think they made the right call on Levi Wallace’s  PI in the fourth quarter? It was less contact than that on Diggs. You are as wrong as the refs. Double standard are the problem I have. Just call it the same way. 

• Agree 1

i think the excuse would be they missed it, like when a player misses a block, throws a bad pass, or loses the ball in the air and doesn't make a catch.

All the more reason to not crap part of the game away and get down 24-3.

Again the sequence of events doesn’t matter, just the score . If the two teams had traded scores all day those calls would still be decisive at the end of a close game. It really doesn’t matter HOW a game because close, just that it WAS close. 

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

What is your solution exactly? 

Mine is, the Bills get better. 

Yours is the refs get better, be held more accountable? When do you think that will happen, because me, I'm thinking never...

Yeah, the solution is hold the referees accountable when 54% of your games are decide by 1 score and a bad call can sway that result… that’s the exact solution. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

i think the excuse would be they missed it, like when a player misses a block, throws a bad pass, or loses the ball in the air and doesn't make a catch.

I'd argue that for a referee of a multi-billion dollar sport, missing a clear and obvious call that is clear and obvious in the moment is inexcusable and should be shamed, not handwaved away.  

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Except when a player missed a block, throws a bad pass or loses the ball in the air… those are errors made by actually participants in the game. That’s fine… because you know… they’re the ones who are supposed to decide the outcome in a game.

Not the impartial 3rd party facilitating the game…. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.