Sunday late thread: Baltimore at Pittsburgh

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

So Gutsy of a call..I’m just not sure at this point in the season is the time to roll the dice..

Harbaugh couldn’t trust his team to

beat the Steelers in Ot? 

Do the Analytics support going for it

considering their schedule, playoff seeding etc? 

Lol, what were the Ravens trying to prove with that? You have to respect your opponent enough to take the points. I hope the Bills learned their lesson from the Jags and Titans games.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I love the decision by Harbaugh.  You’re on the road and Steelers dominated the 4th quarter.  

Going by the numbers it’s absolutely the right decision, just as it was right for us to go for it in Tennessee rather than kick the FG.  

No problem with the decision.  Glad it worked out the way it did, too. 

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

Going by the numbers it’s absolutely the right decision, just as it was right for us to go for it in Tennessee rather than kick the FG.  

No problem with the decision.  Glad it worked out the way it did, too. 

Yep.  It was the right call both by analytics and by what was going on in the game.  

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I'd be furious if I was a Ravens fan.

I don't care if it's on the road. The Ravens are the better team.  You take that game to OT.

That’s where I don’t always like analytics. The odds might be in your favor, but I think having a feel for the game is just as important. If I’m an underdog, and I’m lucky to be in the game, of course I take my chances with two yards. It’s easier to get two yards than stop the opponent, or drive the length of the field on offense. However, if you’re the better team, you’re reducing the game to one play that can be very random. The stats don’t measure how much a two point conversion is almost like a soccer penalty kick. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

OK Bills, most of the games went our way tomorrow. Patriots are now (Sadly) currently the ONE SEED. Bills would be the TWO seed IF they win tomorrow! Tomorrows game COULD NOT be bigger for a week 13 game.  GO BILLS.. The path has been laid!!   

Yea they’ve played an extra game still the whole ‘if the season ends today’ thing doesn’t apply until their bye week 😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

How big is tomorrow night? If #Bills win they are lead in AFC East and Number 1 seed Conference. If they lose they would be out of a playoff spot heading to Tampa

still out of a spot if KC loses today?  

Huge games the next 2 weeks. 

I watch games like this...or when Pitt plays Cleveland...or Cincy....and I still can't just wish the Bills were in a division with those teams, and not the AFC east.  I know, I know, everyone is excited for tomorrows game.....but to me seeing the Stadiums, the uniforms, the fans, the weather, I just wish the Bills were in a Division with Pitt and Cleve and Cincy instead of the Jets pats and phins.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

How big is tomorrow night? If #Bills win they are lead in AFC East and Number 1 seed Conference. If they lose they would be out of a playoff spot heading to Tampa

Playoff machine has Titans number One seed if we win and us as two seed. We stay at Seven with a loss. 

Still a huge game for us. 

There is also going to be so many big conference and divisional games over the remaining weeks that it wouldn’t surprise me for a week or two to be on the outside. 

Doing our part solves all that though. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Tomorrow’s game is huge. Win, lose, or draw, I don’t want to hear anyone trying to convince us it wasn’t huge after the fact. This team needs the win. It’s a season defining game, and this is the rare case it’s not hyperbole. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s where I don’t always like analytics. The odds might be in your favor, but I think having a feel for the game is just as important. If I’m an underdog, and I’m lucky to be in the game, of course I take my chances with two yards. It’s easier to get two yards than stop the opponent, or drive the length of the field on offense. However, if you’re the better team, you’re reducing the game to one play that can be very random. The stats don’t measure how much a two point conversion is almost like a soccer penalty kick. 

Ravens didn’t look like the better team in 4th quarter.  If there were a real time spread on the overtime, Steelers would’ve been favored to win.  

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Tomorrow’s game is huge. Win, lose, or draw, I don’t want to hear anyone trying to convince us it wasn’t huge after the fact. This team needs the win. It’s a season defining game, and this is the rare case it’s not hyperbole. 

Bills have the better QB at home. They have no business losing this game.

Lose a close one and they still have a shot at the playoffs with the weak schedule ahead.

Get blown out like they did against the Colts and I will start the fire McDermott thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills have the better QB at home. They have no business losing this game.

Lose a close one and they still have a shot at the playoffs with the weak schedule ahead.

Get blown out like they did against the Colts and I will start the fire McDermott thread.

I mostly agree, but we have three tough games remaining, and three “easy” games. The playoffs aren’t out of sight with a loss tomorrow, but I’m not sure even fans can consider us contenders if we don’t take care of business at home. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Ravens didn’t look like the better team in 4th quarter.  If there were a real time spread on the overtime, Steelers would’ve been favored to win.  

That’s fair, and that’s probably what Harbaugh took into consideration. The Steelers had momentum, and he wanted to end the game. I just like the two pointer when you’re more of an underdog. I guess I didn’t believe Big Ben would lead another scoring drive. I fully understand what your saying though, good point. 

41 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just copy and paste the tweet. You keep doing this.

I don’t even think that tweet is accurate. Only would have happened if the Raiders won today which they did not.  How would the Steerlers leap frog the Bills at 6-5-1 if the Bills drop to 7-5?

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t even think that tweet is accurate. Only would have happened if the Raiders won today which they did not.  How would the Steerlers leap frog the Bills at 6-5-1 if the Bills drop to 7-5?

It’s not accurate but it’s the one he lifted text from 

25 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Holy smokes. What a swing. Time to do what the cheats did to us for years when we got our hopes up during the drought. Beat them down. We control our destiny. Just have to go get it done. 

I think Catalans is mistaken.  If we lose we will be 7-5, tied with the Chargers and Bengals and (if they were to win) the Broncos.

I’m not the one to consult about seeding, but I think we’d be seeded behind the Chargers and Bengals based on conference record and ahead of the Broncos for the same reason.

But yes, Get It Done

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.