Week 12: Bills at Saints on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It isn't, but hopes and dreams that are high in September wilt and die in the chill of November.  I hope our dreams aren't wilting and dying although it feels like it at the moment.

I hope we show up to play but based on the season so far that is far from a given.

Go BILLS !!

December will decide what the teams fate is.  Too soon to crown anyone, too soon to burry em as well.  AFC is very close.  Whoever kicks it into gear in December will separate from the pack.  Im not counting the Bills out from being that team.  Rather have these issues now than in December and January.  Overreaction Monday is real.  Yes they played like Garbage but I think they can turn it around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This seems relevant. Who is going to play QB for the Saints on Thursday?? https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/22/taysom-hill-lands-four-year-extension-salary-tied-to-position-he-plays/

Last time Siemian started vs. the Bills: 58.2 rating, 2 picks, and 3 sacks. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709240buf.htm

49 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

That 6 points against the 28th ranked Jags defense is still causing me to think that something is way, way off with the Buffalo offense. 

To me, it's ludicrous that a professional NFL OC refuses to switch up his offense that is no longer working to something that will work. And, when he does find something that actually works he stops using it. 

I simply don't trust Brian Daboll. Either the man is completely inept to construct an offense other than the mid to deep passing scheme he has helped develop in Buffalo...OR...those 11 seasons with the Patriots as an assistant coach...

Let's not forget that the guy spent a year with Nick Saban as the Alabama OC and I gotta wonder who gave him a recommendation for that job...coming from NE as TE's coach. Belichick and Saban have been close since their Cleveland Browns days. Just saying...

Could it be that the million different versions of the offensive line mostly suck?  Hard to have any kind of offense when the OL is so weak.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, boco357 said:

Ugh. Still have nightmares about 47 to 10 last time they played and they ran it down Bills throats.

I was in Vegas that weekend and I remember it well.  This was the only time I ever took a Bills opponent against the spread in Vegas.  I just had a feeling about this game and boy I wish I had put down more than $100 on that wager.

57 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This seems relevant. Who is going to play QB for the Saints on Thursday?? https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/22/taysom-hill-lands-four-year-extension-salary-tied-to-position-he-plays/

Last time Siemian started vs. the Bills: 58.2 rating, 2 picks, and 3 sacks. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709240buf.htm

Bills do a nice job usually of clamping down on running QB’s. 

22 hours ago, Process said:

This is a much better matchup for the bills. I know it feels like the sky is falling right now but this is a game they should win easily. 

If we do lose then the season is truly over, because that would mean the coaches have lost the locker room and the guys have packed it in for the year.

the jags were a good matchup too 🥴

3 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

No he won’t. Goodness man.

Poorly worded. I meant to say if the Bills lose these next two games I think they won't win the division nor make the playoffs, and therefore McD's job status should be in jeopardy.  

I honestly think the Bills win the next two games.  So much so I think I'm going to try and fly to the Pats game 

38 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

After Sunday’s s**t show I’m not even excited about the thanksgiving game anymore…. I’m almost embarrassed to even watch cause I’m afraid we’re gonna get blown out again and this time in front of the whole nation

I’m with you 100%  !!!  and for the first time in in decades I’ll probably won’t even watch the nationally televised Bills  game , 

Still Go Bills !!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, what do you want him to try to fix in 2 days? 

The turnovers were huge.  They led directly to 21 points for the Colts, and in 2 cases quite probably took 6 points off the board for the Bills.

The offense hasn't been clicking all season. Daboll has had 2 months, not 2 days. 

Turnovers are not even in the top 10 issues with the O. 

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Poorly worded. I meant to say if the Bills lose these next two games I think they won't win the division nor make the playoffs, and therefore McD's job status should be in jeopardy.  

I honestly think the Bills win the next two games.  So much so I think I'm going to try and fly to the Pats game 

I hope you’re right man , the Monday night game at home against the Patriots***** with the whole world watching is the one that WE HAVE TO WIN , 

7 minutes ago, Process said:

The offense hasn't been clicking all season. Daboll has had 2 months, not 2 days. 

Turnovers are not even in the top 10 issues with the O. 

How do you figure that? There's been like 3 games where they didn't score 26++ points. Jags, Colts, Steelers. Rest of the games were 35-40+ points besides the 2nd Fins game where they scored 26.

And you look at that and somehow come up with "offense hasn't been clicking all year"? Wow!! You're a little off with that one man lol

2 hours ago, chaccof said:

Could it be that the million different versions of the offensive line mostly suck?  Hard to have any kind of offense when the OL is so weak.

I agree and the world is aware of the circumstances the Bills O line is going through. Losing one RT shouldn't be that huge of a drop off that the OC can't work around it.

It wasn't like the Bills were facing the Bucs in the SB like Mahomes was...this was the 28th ranked Jaguars who were 1-6 and the worst team in the league the last few seasons.

Was Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen under a lot of pressure in that Jags game, 23 blitzes, 14 harries, 23 pressures, 4 sacks. YES! 

Good offensive coordinators will figure workarounds for the offense to counter that pass rush pressure.

An example? The Miami Dolphins! That first game Tua was under so much pressure from the Bills D line he was helpless and eventually knocked out of the game. His backup fared no better,

However, in their second game the Dolphins offense counted that fearsome Buffalo pass rush by throwing quick outs, slants and getting the football out before the rush could get to Tua.

First Miami game, 35-0, 4 sacks, 11 QB hits on Dolphins QB's. Miami couldn't run, couldn't throw...sound familiar?   

Second Miami game, 26-11, 2 sacks, 6 QB hits on Dolphins QB's. Two Miami turnovers helped the Bills win that game.

COLTS GAME. 

Buffalo has a lot of talent on offense and as another poster mentioned. Bills RB Matt Breida was the Bills leading rusher in that Colts game...for 5 carries, 51 yards a 10.2 YPC AVG.

Josh Allen 2 carries for 18 yards, a 9.0 YPC AVG. 

Devin Singletary 3 carries for 17 yards, a 5.7 YPC AVG. 

Zach Moss 3 carries for 5 yards, a 1.7 YPC AVG.  

Bills rushed for a total of 13 carries and 11 for Bills RB's vs 46 rushes for Indy.

Matt Brieda running the ball was working and the Bills OC stopped calling his number and started calling Moss's. The problem as I see it is the Buffalo Bills OC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

All I know is the Eagles ran wild on them.  It would be nice to be able to establish some sort of run game

We’ve been saying this for how long now ? And  I still don’t know why we released Spain 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

How do you figure that? There's been like 3 games where they didn't score 26++ points. Jags, Colts, Steelers. Rest of the games were 35-40+ points besides the 2nd Fins game where they scored 26.

And you look at that and somehow come up with "offense hasn't been clicking all year"? Wow!! You're a little off with that one man lol

AND look at who they did that to...

4-7 Miami Dolphins 2x

2-8 Jets

2-8 Texans

4-6 Washington

The only team the Bills beat this year that is somewhat decent was the now 7-4 KC Chiefs who were 2-3 in week 5 and reeling. A revenge game from last seasons loss in the AFCCG. 

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

AND look at who they did that to...

4-7 Miami Dolphins 2x

2-8 Jets

2-8 Texans

4-6 Washington

The only team the Bills beat this year that is somewhat decent was the now 7-4 KC Chiefs who were 2-3 in week 5 and reeling. A revenge game from last seasons loss in the AFCCG. 

Don't matter who they did it to. The offense was still clicking right? Otherwise if not Bills wouldn't have put up points

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Is this a joke? I can't wait until this guy is gone.

I agree that this is just plain stupid by DaBold.  Take Allen's first INT. It was because back to back penalties had taken us out of FG range and put us in 3rd & 18.  The INT thrown on 3rd down only gave the Colts the ball at their own 40.  At worst it took away a chance for a long FG had Allen checked it down for 10 yards.  Those two penalties on that drive took away a possible TD. The INT may have cost us a FG.

And let's not forget that O-line penalties did a lot of damage in the Jacksonville game to.

And as others have pointed out, the only TO that really hurt the Bills was McKenzie's fumble.  It led directly to a Colts TD and turned a close game into a blowout right before half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Bills rushed for a total of 13 carries and 11 for Bills RB's vs 46 rushes for Indy.

Matt Brieda running the ball was working and the Bills OC stopped calling his number and started calling Moss's. The problem as I see it is the Buffalo Bills OC.

to be fair the score was 38-7 no point in rushing much

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, what do you want him to try to fix in 2 days? 

Offensive line penalties. He can't fix their poor play other then taking a chance and putting the other rookie at RT and moving Williams to guard.  But they can emphasize not having all those pre snap penalties and holding penalties.  It's bad enough that they're a lousy O-line but the penalties take it down to a new level of low.

BTW, the worst TO was a special tams play. Not much the OC can do about that.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Win and win at home on Monday night and all will be ok - lose two back to back national games and McD is gone

No chance on McD. Daboll could be. Which would be quite a remarkable fall from grace after last years success. Say what you will about McD, but he’s not afraid to fire coordinators or position coaches. 

I think McD essentially makes his OC the head coach of the offense, but I’m sensing a philosophical disagreement between him and Daboll starting to bubble up. Not saying it hasn’t happened, but at some point you’d think McD would step in and tell him how he wants it run. On one hand, in that scenario, we’re likely getting more runs. But on the other hand, we’re likely going back to McD’s conservative approach. I have no doubt Daboll and Josh have saved McD from himself in that department a few times over the last couple years. 

2 hours ago, boco357 said:

I'd like to see Brandin Bryant get a call up from PS this week.  Cant be worse than Butler.

Won’t happen, but I want Butler cut. Guy is worthless. Not only that, coming back from halftime yesterday, camera catches him with a big grin on his face sitting on the bench. Big joke to him. Great optics when the fans are more pissed off about what’s happening than the guys in the game. You’re getting your a** kicked dude. Have some pride, or at least read the room. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On paper this game looks very winnable…Saints don’t really have a pass defense but are excellent against the run until the Eagles tore them to pieces…And considering Josh is the only running threat on the bills we don’t do it anyway…Bills defense is good against the pass but can’t stop a downhill running game to save their lives and the Saints can’t pass…Bills should win this game but they also should have beaten the Colts and Jags 

I’m not sure if this is a positive or not. It’s been such a miserable 30 hours after that colts game I maybe just grasping at straws here….but one way or another, Thursday is going to tell us a lot about this team.

Last year was an amazing season and might end up being one we needed to appreciate more because who knows when we will ever get that far again. Unfortunately, this season is it’s own animal. It’s been anything but smooth and has had more valleys then peaks. The wheels will absolutely come off of this thing if we lose Thursday night. This is a nice opponent in a very tough building, on a short week. It would be real easy to roll out there and get run over and just fade away into obscurity. Be a 1 year wonder and go back to being an also ran….or this team could actually show us that they are who we thought they were.  Show some balls and go out there and respond. Take a punch, get off the mat and get this ship righted again. A win Thursday and you buy some time. Time to get healthy and maybe even start to believe in yourselves again. Make the pats go through you again and show everyone yesterday was an anomaly. You want to be playing your best football from Thanksgiving on. We are on the ropes but the towel isn’t on the ground yet. Bounce back, dust yourselves off and go out there and find a way to get a goddamn W.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.