11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

28 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Sean McDermott checked out when USC opened up, his family has roots there, his wife has roots there, and why won't anyone else say it?  La Salle Cali was his High School and we all have blinders on he checked out on us.

This is either a troll or one of the most blatantly stupid posts I've ever seen lmao

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

McDermott has become dumber and weaker. Kicking that field goal does not make sense whatsoever.

Time to get some new bloods in the coaching staff. McD, Daboll and Frazier should leave.

Or we could like not fire the coach we just extended and got us to the AFCCG for the first time since the Clinton administration. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This is either a troll or one of the most blatantly stupid posts I've ever seen lmao

Or we could like not fire the coach we just extended and got us to the AFCCG for the first time since the Clinton administration. 

And how do you think we did in the AFCCG? McD was dumb and weak then and he's the same today. He hasn't change or refuse to change.

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

And how do you think we did in the AFCCG? McD was dumb and weak then and he's the same today. He hasn't change or refuse to change.

You think that Frazier can fix this issue though?  Did you see his defense today?

Unless it becomes clear that McD has lost the team, like it or not, he's probably here for another couple of years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Firing a coach who has completely turned this franchise around one year after nearly making the super bowl is insane. Period. 

• Like (+1) 2

Here's what should scare most fans, assuming this team flames out there's a very good chance this entire coaching staff stays intact minus Bobby Johnson.

Because barring a complete meltodown Frazier's defense will still end up being top 10 in most categories especially since there are several teams/QB's left to pad stats again vs a lot more that will move the ball easily against them.

Also pretty sure the offense will finish top 10 as well because there will always be garbage time to pad stats the rest of the way regardless of what end of it the Bills are on.

At the end of the day I'm still asking myself what exactly 'the process' is we are supposed to trust especially with such a soft, undisciplined team that simply doesn't seem to care and has alternated losses and wins ever since their SB game against the Chiefs.

Have no answers for why we were so terrible today. Bease and Diggs were not nearly as involved as they should've been. I know Bease is banged up though, but still should be getting the ball to diggs more. I'm kind of tired of hearing "we need to run the ball better". We didn't do that last year and and this team was elite. Defense couldn't get a stop today. Need to get this ship turned around quick though 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

To all the fans calling Coach McDermott soft... I would love to see what would happen if any of you had a chance to say that to his face.

Why? Would him trying to fight fans prove that he coaches physical football teams? This doesn't make any sense.

Man after watching my beloved cowboys UW coach stay to his "philosophy" and we have horrible losses I put the blame on schemes more than anything. Sorry daboll but wtf. These coaches want to run their style all the time. Damn brieda 50 some yards on 5 carries. Ummm maybe get him involved earlier and more often? You need to be flexible not stick to your guns high or hell water. Mix things up a bit. It's so frustrating watching them keep going back to what is not working.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

1) we don’t match-up well with the colts, but even moreso without Star

and Edmunds.

2) the weather hurt us and helped them. 

3) Josh continues to fight what the defense gives him. He could have cut them up with a million passes to Beasley, but tried to force too much down field. 

If he doesn’t start to learn to take what is given, his career is not going to be very good.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

You can get run on and still win a game but not if you turn the ball over 4 times.  There are things you can overcome.  Turnovers will kill you.

This.  Let’s give Trubisky the INT at the end, didn’t matter.

But the two Allen INTs and the McKenzie fumble led directly to points for the Colts and took away possible points for us.  

That’s potentially 21 points less for them and more points for us right there.  Even if we get no points on those drives, it’s putting it down to 20-15 which is down in the range where a couple missed FG or just one more TD make a difference

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But the two Allen INTs and the McKenzie fumble led directly to points for the Colts and took away possible points for us.  

That’s potentially 21 points less for them and more points for us right there.  Even if we get no points on those drives, it’s putting it down to 20-15 which is down in the range where a couple missed FG make a difference

Yup, and Josh should have had a a second INT on their second possession. I was happy it was overturned, but I don’t know why. Regardless, it was a clearly interceptable pass. He had a bad game.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s potentially 21 points less for them and more points for us right there.  Even if we get no points on those drives, it’s putting it down to 20-15 which is down in the range where a couple missed FG make a difference

Allen's first int was on 3rd and 28.  The drive was over either way.  Maybe we squeek off with 3.  The second interception happened when the game was over anyway.  McKenzie's fumble ended the game for all practical purposes. 

• Like (+1) 2

This offense has been a disaster every game brown hasn't played.  Allen and diggs haven't missed a snap due to injury, and our o still can't be the slightest bit consistent.

Ford on the field is a guaranteed loss it seems.

It's insane that our depth at ol goes from just about top O to worthless w one or two guys out.  It's gotta be coaching, because Indy crushed our passing attack today, and they were missing both starting safeties.

• Agree 1

Just now, Chaos said:

Allen's first int was on 3rd and 28.  The drive was over either way.  Maybe we squeek off with 3.  The second interception happened when the game was over anyway.  McKenzie's fumble ended the game for all practical purposes. 

The second interception was bizarrely overturned by the refs, and on the first one it’s the QB’s job not to make overly risky throws and simply get into makeable FG position. And my god, he’s gotta stop with the hard counts. The only people he’s ever fooled this season are his own teammates.

Just now, Casey D said:

Sad day.  Hope Thursday is better.

I think they’ll win that game. The Saints have a ton of problems. The Colts were very healthy coming into this game.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Thought it was La Salle California campus.   If that's the case then we've got a bigger problem and we cannot keep him if he's having assistance doing his duties of pressers.  

Please stop.

McDermott is not having “assistance doing his duties of pressers”.  He is doing pressers.  The coordinators are required by the NFL to have media availability once a week.  For the Bills, this has been the OC and the DC doing pressers on Monday, as well as McDermott.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I absolutely agree with this statement and feel the same way. If he doesnt fumble and Indy scores, we have to chance to drive and put points on the board and come out in the 3rd and add more points. Instead he fumbles and Indy scores, which drains the team. Come out in the 3rd and go three and out. Game over. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

Man after watching my beloved cowboys UW coach stay to his "philosophy" and we have horrible losses I put the blame on schemes more than anything. Sorry daboll but wtf. These coaches want to run their style all the time. Damn brieda 50 some yards on 5 carries. Ummm maybe get him involved earlier and more often? You need to be flexible not stick to your guns high or hell water. Mix things up a bit. It's so frustrating watching them keep going back to what is not working.

Tony Dungy called Daboll out:  “I have a message for Coach Daboll.  You called 8 runs to your running backs today.  You can’t win like that”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I just looked it up.  It was 3rd and 18 from the Indy 43.  Yes, that’s the point - if we could get back 10 or 12 yds we nave a makeable FG.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Sad day.  Hope Thursday is better.

Yeah, at least we don't have to wait as long as usual with the bad taste of a loss in our mouths. I think they'll thump the Saints, but everyone will say, correctly, that the victory doesn't amount to much. A sound team can lose to a Jaguars team once a year, but the Bills really do not look good now. It's not just COVID and the missing players, nor just the refereeing or bad bounces. They just don't seem to have the mojo or team identity they had last year.

The good news is that I can see it coming back in force. All it takes is a spark, like Taron returning the interception against the Ravens in last year's playoff game. Could have happened today, especially early. If (yes, big "if," but that's the point) McKittrick had broken that return for a big gain instead of fumbling, the Bills might have won, even in a route. It's a funny game. They were passive bystanders in the Jags game, and seemed oddly passive or apathetic today. Maybe being humiliated will galvanize them. 

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

I'm drinking. As good of a time as any to drink.  Not because of the game, but for all the doom and gloom comments. The Bills need to improve, no question. But to think this isn't a playoff team, and calls to fire McDermott or Beane is just stupid *****. 

I totally agree with you about the crazy "fire everyone, everyone sucks" comments but the Bills are not a playoff team until they clinch a spot.

That may come very late into the season and there is a chance they could miss it entirely.  The players and coaches need to realize that

quickly and start playing like they deserve the playoffs.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

Daboll doubled down on his philosophy at his press conference this week. He downplayed the value or need for "balance" and kept saying that they will do whatever it takes each week, whether that's passing on every play or running on every play. What's odd is that passing on every play always seems to be the answer. Actually, if you think about the OL and RBs that they have then maybe it's not so odd.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.