What do you think about the Pats ?

Italian Bills

I taped that game and finished watching it. They played extremely well and that O-line is something else. Mac is very effective, but he is well protected. Their D is, as you would expect from Bellichek, extremely disciplined. 
in summary, they are a dangerous team that will not be an easy win or, in my opinion, a win that we should even expect at this point. The Bills are going to have to really be on their game versus Satan’s Squad. The Bills played much better this week, but they were playing a bottom feeder. The *Pats were playing a far better team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok… we are still in front but the Cheaters keep on winning week by week.. four in a row now. We have the first offense and the first defense, New England is third in both categories. 
It seem that they are building their confidence game after game… i just want to know if you are worried about them, if you consider them a real threat to win the AFCE and maybe the AFC also. 

I don't think the cheaters matter at all. What matters is that the Bills lack a good line and good RBs. We need a second good TE as well, imho.... If the Bills had these things the Pats wouldn't matter. Neither would the Titans (Who we would have beaten had we a run game.

It's really all about Buffalo but right now these things don't look too fixable this year. I've come to really dislike our RBs and our run blocking (both.) Across the NFL, defense's have once again caught up to the rule changes designed to allow more scoring. If Allen had a real RB back there with him, it would help tremendously. If that back had decent run blocking and really decent run calls, those safeties couldn't stand back there all day like they are.

While we easily could still go to the Super Bowl if we pass the titans for homefield advantage, I'm kind of depressed about this Bills team facing an NFC powerhouse. Unless we can find a way to really get good defenses out of that two deep Safety look I don't see how can be explosive and use our fantastic WRs.

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hmm Let’s see

Rogers — puts up pretty numbers team is usually one and done in the playoffs.    Most overrated QB in the NFL right now… he has zero clutch in him. 

Wilson — He is surrounded by talent on O and team still Meh.. 

they both have the ability run but they are much more pocket passers who occasionally run.

Short career? You have a crystal ball or are you one of those silly people doesn’t see most “athletic” QBs fail because they can’t throw or are easily rattled. 

Revised my post.  Please check it and let's talk about this Brady 2.0 nonsensesne

Judon is currently DPOY imo.  

Their defense is one of the 3 best in the league.

I don't see a win yet tho that tells me "yea they're a problem."  I guess the Chargers - who looked like complete trash vs Minnesota today.  They played Dallas close.  Dak almost threw for 500 yards.  Mac Jones completed 15 passes in that game.   

Cleveland is a trainwreck.  OBJ broke them.  Covid took out Chubb today.  No Hunt.  

We'll see. 

I think they are the best team in the AFC at the moment. From what I've seen I think they have the best lines on both sides. Like their lines better than the Bills. Games are won there. Solid run game. Ball control QB that doesn't make a lot of mistakes and can run a ball control offense. Well coached. They're done playing Dallas, TB & NO. Solid road wins vs Chargers and Panthers. Big games for them coming up vs Titans. 2X w/ Bills and Colts. I like their team better than Tennessee. Not a team to sleep on. Have to beat them, maybe twice, to win the division.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hmm Let’s see

Rogers — puts up pretty numbers team is usually one and done in the playoffs.    Most overrated QB in the NFL right now… he has zero clutch in him. 

Wilson — He is surrounded by talent on O and team still Meh.. 

they both have the ability run but they are much more pocket passers who occasionally run.

So both Rodgers and Wilson have the ability to run but neither has had "a long career or more importantly more than a few years of success."

That's your stance? Um, OK. 

44 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

We'll see how inaccurate that is as he spends his short career on his ass.  

it's not immobility, it's cement feet. Ryan Mallet and Deadsloe with an arm needing development.  Heck, keep cheering, it's all good.  It's totally like a young Brady all over again.  

Ok I never compared him to Brady except in being a bit more mobile than him.  I am guessing you haven’t seen many Pats games and just hear the talking heads? If so he is definitely a pocket passer who won’t burn your team for a 50 yard run but he is capable getting 10-15 yards if he gets open grass in front of him and has this year.

of course I will cheer for him! He is my QB and so far he looks damn good and the team has improved drastically over last year with an accurate smart QB. 

I think I can't wait to play them. 

I'd bet the house that Belicheck spent much more time this offseason really diagnosing this O and Allen after the embarrassing loss in Gillette last year.

Plus he's by far the best QB in the division and he's used to winning the division.  

Excited to see our O vs their D.

I expect domination from our D. 

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok… we are still in front but the Cheaters keep on winning week by week.. four in a row now. We have the first offense and the first defense, New England is third in both categories. 
It seem that they are building their confidence game after game… i just want to know if you are worried about them, if you consider them a real threat to win the AFCE and maybe the AFC also. 

Rabid, lifetime Bills fan and Orchard Park native here who has lived the last 21 years in Patriots nation. No one hates the Cheatriots more than I so I hate to admit it but every week they look more and more like the TB12 team of the last two decades. They don't beat themselves. I'm emotionally scarred from recent history and while clearly Jones isn't Brady yet, this team is ascending and has me worried.

Mac Jones is the same kind of QB as Tom Brady.  I'm not saying Mac is another Tom Brady by any means, but he has a similar skill set.  He makes quick reads.  He has decent, but not elite arm strength or athleticism, but he throws an accurate ball.  Belichick and his coaching staff has two decades of coaching that kind of QB.  That automatically makes them a challenge to opposing teams.   Another thing that does not change with Belichick coached teams is the fact that even if they start out slow, they develop over the season so that they make very few mistakes down the stretch.  I'd much rather face the Patriots early in the season.  That said, if the Bills play to their capability, I think they beat a Patriots team even when the Patriots play well.  The moral of the story is, don't screw it up.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I never compared him to Brady except in being a bit more mobile than him.  I am guessing you haven’t seen many Pats games and just hear the talking heads? If so he is definitely a pocket passer who won’t burn your team for a 50 yard run but he is capable getting 10-15 yards if he gets open grass in front of him and has this year.

of course I will cheer for him! He is my QB and so far he looks damn good and the team has improved drastically over last year with an accurate smart QB. 

No doubt, I don't look forward to the Pats*, even this year- which I did not expect.  I don't think it's gonna last, though.  Watch his feet... he's going to start getting nailed, and from there you're going to find out who your QB is.  My money's on can't make a career out of it.  

I think that the Bills, like every other team in the NFL, are not going to take the division for free for the next decade. The kind of sustained dominance that the Patriots had over the AFC East may never happen again. McDermott knows the two Patriots games are by far the most important games remaining on our schedule. He will have the team ready.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Crazy it took NE only 1 bad year to find a QB, I watched the tape and Mac is pushing it down the field. 

Belichick is the goat, as I always said it's him not Brady.

They very well may win the division, there defense is among the best in the NFL

Way to early to say if Jones will pan out or not. He’s not going to be the next Brady ( neither is anyone else for that matter) ,but crown him if you like. Their success was more Brady than Bill B. 

• Agree 1

Their defense is classic read and react hoodie stuff meaning they take away your number 1 option and force you to beat them with 2 and 3…our 2, 3, and 4 options are Sanders, Knox, and Beasley

Their oline is predominately a run blocking bunch and don’t really do much in pass protection since most of Jones reads are to get the ball out in 3 seconds or less 

Their two biggest wins where at San Diego and The Baker Mayfields…in both games they forced both teams into back breaking turnovers 

They are a solid football team whose had the benefit of a home heavy schedule…

Player for player Buffalo is just a better team

If Buffalo plays their A game they roll these guys but if they don’t then this goes into the late 4th quarter kinda deal 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Way to early to say if Jones will pan out or not. He’s not going to be the next Brady ( neither is anyone else for that matter) ,but crown him if you like. Their success was more Brady than Bill B. 

Whatever it may be I can tell you this much,

McDermott and Allen are not winning with Bourne, agholor, Myers and Harry, Where as belichick can get these bums to to out and execute. And he can have Mac Jones do what he needs him to do, the work of him and McDaniels is phenomenal.  This is the best the pats offense has looked since 2018, and Matt judon is just a wrecking machine out there, hes a key reason the pats defense has been one of the best in the league.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

McDermott and Allen are not winning with Bourne, agholor, Myers and Harry, Where as belichick can get these bums to to out and execute. And he can have Mac Jones do what he needs him to do, the work of him and McDaniels is phenomenal.  This is the best the pats offense has looked since 2018, and Matt judon is just a wrecking machine out there, hes a key reason the pats defense has been one of the best in the league.

Sure, if you say so. 

15 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Crazy it took NE only 1 bad year to find a QB, I watched the tape and Mac is pushing it down the field. 

Belichick is the goat, as I always said it's him not Brady.

They very well may win the division, there defense is among the best in the NFL

As much as I viscerally dislike TB12, it’s a stretch at this point to say it was the Hoodie and not Brady…imho. Hoodie lifetime is a middling coach in terms of the numbers w/o Brady. Meanwhile Tom is out there getting yet another SB last year?

4 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Hoodie went all-Yankees on the FA’s this year—that says it’s more Kraft than anything else responsible for being above .500 this year. Also, did you see who was all on the Bills 2018 roster when McD squeezed 6 wins out of a group worse pound for pound than probably the 0-16 Lions? McD is not to ever be underestimated, imho. 

34 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Belichick was also the one who decided to pay those bums 200 million dollars

Right now i see this: 

- Bills with some issues, like OL and backs strenght

- Pats improving week in week out

Not saying that they are better than us, but that maybe they have less problems than us. And the problems we are having are not totally fixable. 

With the OL we can try some adjustment: use two backs, Motor and Breida to get yards and Moss blocking; one back and with Knox blocking.

This to give Allen more time along with more play action and jet sweep to speed up Allen’s throws avoiding pressure and sacks. 

With the defense i would think about using a 4-3 formation to pressure Mac more often, maybe dropping one of them ( Milano) to cover the middle while Edmunds and Klein rush him. Doing this we can avoid to use a safety to blitz saving the deep field protection. 

Obviously i’m not a football coach, i’m just thinking about few solution that we could use against the Pats when we’ll face them. BB showed everybody to be a great coach and Judon is a top DC without question. 

We probably are the more talented team, but in order to win both of that games, we have to play our A game taking care of the football (no picks or fumble at all) along with not having more than 50 penalty yards. 

They haven’t really beaten anyone. They have two wins vs the Jets, Carolina with Darnold, a slumping chargers team and the browns. That said, I am surprised they are playing as well as they are. The defense

is good and will keep them in games. Mac looks like a solid starter in the Kirk cousins area. He can make some great throws, but he’s a bit limited overall

As long as their defense keeps the game close, they can be competitive. In a shootout, I don’t think they have the horses 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think they are better than I thought they would be.  I figured they would win 8-9 games at the beginning of the season.  However, I think they are playing better than they actually are.  Mac Jones is good but I think he is praised to be better than he is.  

Ya think?

At draft time he was often ridiculed. Even here, people posted pictures of him and laughed at his physique. It was said that he was only good because he had great players around him and as hard as I defended him, the truth is that he did have better offensive players in college than he has now. Tell me, now who would you want on your team coming out of last season's draft class, the kids on the Jets and the 49ers or Mac Jones? Although he has not really proven himself yet, I put Trevor Lawrence on a higher plateau than anyone I have seen in decades.

Despite the fact that I believe that Mac is the rel deal, the Pats are not even close to being as good as the Bills. I would love to see the Bills face tha Pats in the playoffs so we can roll over them. As much as I believe in Mac, he ain't no Josh Allen, AND we have a much better all around team.

I’ll say it until I’m blue(r) in the face 

Answer me this Pats fans of TBD 

Which rookie QB’s has blown out this Bills defense?

the answer..  NOT MANY if at all. 

Kyler Murray 2nd year with a Hail Mary on 1 blown play. 

cough cough Lamar Jackson on 1 blown play. 

Trevor 15-26 for 118 yards and 9 points?  

How many QB myths has this Defense crushed?  A LOT 

THAT’S what I think 🧐 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’ll say it until I’m blue(r) in the face 

Answer me this Pats fans of TBD 

Which rookie QB’s has blown out this Bills defense?

the answer..  NOT MANY if at all. 

Kyler Murray 2nd year with a Hail Mary on 1 blown play. 

cough cough Lamar Jackson on 1 blown play. 

Trevor 15-26 for 118 yards and 9 points?  

How many QB myths has this Defense crushed?  A LOT 

THAT’S what I think 🧐 

what does this matter if the only stat that matters is the "W" see the jags again? Plus Jones is not the pats focal point in this years offense. And the other side of that coin to your post is. The pat's coach has made a career and won championships stopping high powered offenses, so...

7 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Strong rebound from last year.  Jones is a good QB, defense is stout and they exploit the opponents weaknesses.  They are still a potent rival.  Want the Bills to beat them and leave their fans with no excuses. 

No excuses for what? Bills still seem to be the better team and still should win the division, but having the pats nipping at your heels in only year 2 of their rebuild is not a good look for the divison. Next year could be a whole lot different.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

what does this matter if the only stat that matters is the "W" see the jags again? Plus Jones is not the pats focal point in this years offense. And the other side of that coin to your post is. The pat's coach has made a career and won championships stopping high powered offenses, so...

No excuses for what? Bills still seem to be the better team and still should win the division, but having the pats nipping at your heels in only year 2 of their rebuild is not a good look for the divison. Next year could be a whole lot different.

Oh well, next year we could build a top 5 OL and add a very strong back becoming a nightmare for the entire League. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I respect them but cant say Im "worried" about them.. this year...

However.. next year might be a different story.. Jones looks better than advertised...

He looks like an average game manager and thats all Belly wanted or needed.

He couldn't execute his game plan with off script Cam.

Lets see how he manages against the best D in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Who is getting all the praise? 
Grunge Belicheat and Jones.  

Everywhere you looked Sunday morning they were ALL gushing over Jones. 

12 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

He looks like an average game manager and thats all Belly wanted or needed.

He couldn't execute his game plan with off script Cam.

Lets see how he manages against the best D in the NFL.

Great D in the NFL ? Sure. The best one ? I dunno. Remember the opponents we faced till now and that we lost against PIT, KC and TEN, the only very good teams (i don’t wanna think about the Jags game where we played overall awfully and Cord was in the game). 

PIT has BB’s son as HC, KC was/is a mess and TEN with one only very great player by its side (Henry, because Tannehill sucks)

So be quite screaming we are the best D in the entire NFL. We are pretty damn good, but best don’t know, even if the math right now say this. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Keep disregarding the Pats…that’s not a good idea. 

We’ll coached. In fact, that should be the scary part.

A rookie QB gaining confidence.

A pretty good defense.

Want to dominate this team? Respect them as a division foe with the capability of beating us and winning the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Italian Bills said:

Great D in the NFL ? Sure. The best one ? I dunno. Remember the opponents we faced and then we lost against PIT, KC and TEN, the only very good teams (i don’t wanna think about the Jags game where we played overall awfully and Cord was in the game.

PIT has BB’s son as HC, KC was/is a mess and TEN with the only very great player by its side (Henry, because Tannehill sucks)

So be quite screaming we are the best D in the entire NFL. We are pretty damn good, but best don’t know, even if the math right now say this. 

We have to show 

So the Steelers scored 16 (7 on a blocked punt cost us that one)

The Titans game we traded scores and they might be the second best D

And the once high powered Chiefs got embarrassed at home

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Who is getting all the praise? 
Grunge Belicheat and Jones.  

Everywhere you looked Sunday morning they were ALL gushing over Jones. 

That's the talking heads....they have no affect on any game when they are playing on Sundays. Who cares what they have to say? Plus whether  you like it or not, he is in the running for rookie of the year regardless. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

So the Steelers scored 16 (7 on a blocked punt cost us that one)

The Titans game we traded scores and they might be the second best D

And the once high powered Chiefs got embarrassed at home

Listen: i agree with you that we have a stout D but not sure about the best one. 
The games we lost were against elite teams, with PIT at the first game of the season where almost everybody were here predicting an easy one… then TEN where was a great game over all and yes we lost on the last play, but we lost and TEN scored 34, while the win in KC was a statement by our side but be honest, it was’t the 2020 KC’s version. 

Anyway i repeat myself: our D is very very good, top 5, but to me, to be the best one, would have to have more sacks, hits or pressure on other QBs, an area we lack of a little bit. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Italian Bills said:

Listen: i agree with you that we have a stout D but not sure about the best one. 
The games we lost were against elite teams, with PIT at the first game of the season where almost everybody were here predicting an easy one… then TEN where was a great game over all and yes we lost on the last play, but we lost and TEN scored 34, while the win in KC was a statement by our side but be honest, it was the 2020 KC’s version. 

Anyway i repeat myself: our D is very very good, top 5, but to me, to be the best one, would have to have more sacks, hits or pressure on other QBs, an area we lack of a little bit. 

Sacks are great and strip sacks are better but if your hurrying the QB your secondary gets lots of opportunities to make plays on the ball.

The Bills do that well.

Have you noticed almost all the glamour boy sack artists are all banged up right now.

Good defense and a good rushing attack. 

Those are the type of teams that beat us. We have to come up with a game plan to stop the run at all costs and trust our DBs can cover long enough. 

We got some good rushing teams ahead of us the next 5 weeks. A real test for the defense these next weeks.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Sacks are great and strip sacks are better but if your hurrying the QB your secondary gets lots of opportunities to make plays on the ball.

The Bills do that well.

Have you noticed almost all the glamour boy sack artists are all banged up right now.

I got your point… in fact one thing i was thinking is that we could play a 4-3 D with three LB all together, dropping one in Milano e free Edmunds and Klein to rush the passer, not on every play, but here and there during the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

No doubt, I don't look forward to the Pats*, even this year- which I did not expect.  I don't think it's gonna last, though.  Watch his feet... he's going to start getting nailed, and from there you're going to find out who your QB is.  My money's on can't make a career out of it.  

Oh dude! He was getting hit like a red headed step child the first six weeks. I mean he took a hit so hard against Dallas I was shocked he got up it hurt me watching it!  Thankfully the O line has gotten better and Jones is still getting better.

As I have said in many threads I think the Pats are at least one year away from being a true contender.. while Buffalo has all the pieces to win it.. that doesn’t mean I won’t cheer for them to prove me wrong. :)

15 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Lets see what they do against the Titans first.  Then we will see how they stack up.

Given this screwy season...

weirdly

arguably

technically

...I think we need them to beat the Titans (as I mentioned in the other thread).  Let's take care of our business in both games against them, but they could do us a solid by beating the Titans.  The Steelers could help us, too, in that respect.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.