I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

19 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Mac Jones cannot carry them with his arm imo especially not vs our secondary.

Unless it gets crazy the score they won’t make him either. If it’s a one score game they stay with the game plan.  IMO they are a couple years ahead of schedule in the rebuild.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:50 PM, LeGOATski said:

We all know you like to say it...

@dave mcbride is just being realistic.

Lotta' ignorant fans of ALL teams have been assuring themselves since Tampa Bay won that Super Bowl last February that Belichick was never that good of a HC and that he just won because he had Tom Brady.

Brady is great but Belichick is the GOAT in his own right........and still the best HC in the NFL......and the biggest difference maker on any NFL sideline.

Doesn't mean the Bills can't or shouldn't beat them head to head........but the idea that the Pats were going to go away for the next 15 years "just because" they changed QB's and the Bills had Josh Allen was never based in any kind of reality.

If the Bills beat NE in a few weeks I think that might be the first time Belichick has lost 3 straight to an opponent since he became HC in New England.    I like to look at it like that rather than worrying about being disappointed if they lose to New England.   

They aren't in my rear-view........as long as Belichick is there those two games will likely be the biggest games on the schedule to me.   We can't beat them enough to ever satisfy me for the foreseeable future.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm glad they seem to be having a good year on a hot streak, ready to meet up with the Bills for the division

All the better when we crush their spirits, and let em know no matter how good they think they and Mac Jones are.. they're going to be Josh Allen's doormat for a very long time

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Mac Jones cannot carry them with his arm imo especially not vs our secondary.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Unless it gets crazy the score they won’t make him either. If it’s a one score game they stay with the game plan.  IMO they are a couple years ahead of schedule in the rebuild.

I haven't watched the Pats for a bit, but last time I did I thought they were really calling games to help Mac Jones out. They have not asked him to do too much and are treating him like a rookie, which is smart. I don't get how teams can throw everything on the shoulders of some of these rookie QB's. Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson have been thrown into the fire and asked to operate as 5 year vets. And surprise! They have struggled.

The down side to that is it really limits you offensively if the QB is not able to take full command of the offense.

We'll see what happens. Belichick is a great coach. The Patriots have a good defense. The team is better than I thought they would be.

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@dave mcbride is just being realistic.

Lotta' ignorant fans of ALL teams have been assuring themselves since Tampa Bay won that Super Bowl last February that Belichick was never that good of a HC and that he just won because he had Tom Brady.

Brady is great but Belichick is the GOAT in his own right........and still the best HC in the NFL......and the biggest difference maker on any NFL sideline.

Doesn't mean the Bills can't or shouldn't beat them head to head........but the idea that the Pats were going to go away for the next 15 years "just because" they changed QB's and the Bills had Josh Allen was never based in any kind of reality.

If the Bills beat NE in a few weeks I think that might be the first time Belichick has lost 3 straight to an opponent since he became HC in New England.    I like to look at it like that rather than worrying about being disappointed if they lose to New England.   

They aren't in my rear-view........as long as Belichick is there those two games will likely be the biggest games on the schedule to me.   We can't beat them enough to ever satisfy me for the foreseeable future.

Belichick is nearing the end of the line, so he won't be there 15 more years 

• Eyeroll 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, auburnbillsbacker said:

I hate TBD after a loss. Time wll tell if the Patriots are better but it's way to soon to day that now.  The Bills have a better record, better ranked defense, better ranked offense, better msrgin of victory, etc.  

How do you like it after an easy blowout win, like today?

It's horrible!  Boring, very few new threads have been started, and there's no passionate discussion about anything.

Excellence/winning bring boring times!  It was like this on a lot of Sundays during the SB years too.

42 minutes ago, MJS said:

I haven't watched the Pats for a bit, but last time I did I thought they were really calling games to help Mac Jones out. They have not asked him to do too much and are treating him like a rookie, which is smart. I don't get how teams can throw everything on the shoulders of some of these rookie QB's. Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson have been thrown into the fire and asked to operate as 5 year vets. And surprise! They have struggled.

The down side to that is it really limits you offensively if the QB is not able to take full command of the offense.

We'll see what happens. Belichick is a great coach. The Patriots have a good defense. The team is better than I thought they would be.

Your right it does limit the O, but I rather limit it and have Jones grow than have his development hurt. 

41 minutes ago, MJS said:

Because the point of a rookie QB is not to win as many games as possible. You want them to learn how to play, and throwing quick checkdowns 18 times a game is not how you learn to play.

I remember a huge point of contention was that Josh was throwing too much in 18 and 19. But I firmly believe that's in part why he developed so quickly.

Running the ball 35-40 times a game and only calling 20 passes is how you convince yourself EJ Manuel may be the next franchise guy after 2 seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Belichick is nearing the end of the line, so he won't be there 15 more years 

You misread..........I didn't say he would.    

They are a very well run organization from top to bottom..........the Krafts have had 3 head coaches and all are HOF'ers........Parcells, Carroll and Belichick..........so the assumption that they will just turn around and hire a Greggo Williams to eventually replace Belichick seems like wishful thinking.    No reason to think they won't continue to hire well and maintain their identity,  much like the Steelers have for most of the last 50 years.    Bills just gotta' take care of their own business.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

to copy Luka from the SB

The Pats have not won a game against a “legit” good team.
The Jets twice, the Panthers, the Texans. Browns and Chargers are average, and as the year wears on both are looking less and less impressive.

Serious question. Have the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Last years squad was playing more consistent high end football than we have reached this year and it took a fantastic strip on the last Patriots drive to win the first game. The Patriots already had imploded by the second game. This years New England team is light years ahead of last years and for tangible reasons. They had the leagues largest COVID list last year and then got further depleted by injuries. No QB, no real identity. This year is much different. 

They have played some of the best teams in the NFL to a coin flip and are just one game back. Yes, they're a threat. We aren't good enough to be this cocky yet.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Serious question. Have the Bills?

McD blew the Titans game Take the FG and go to OT

1 minute ago, billsherd said:

Pats are for sure coming right now. Let's see how it goes, Mac Jones looks look good.

So did cocky Mike White and this defense tore him a new one

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because the point of a rookie QB is not to win as many games as possible. You want them to learn how to play, and throwing quick checkdowns 18 times a game is not how you learn to play.

I remember a huge point of contention was that Josh was throwing too much in 18 and 19. But I firmly believe that's in part why he developed so quickly.

Running the ball 35-40 times a game and only calling 20 passes is how you convince yourself EJ Manuel may be the next franchise guy after 2 seasons.

It's a balance. Sometimes if you throw them to the wolves, they get eaten. Their confidence gets shaken, and they get injured.

Bringing them along more slowly can help them develop. Obviously, you want to slowly increase their responsibilities. But giving them too much, too fast sets them up for failure and frustration.

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I though that at the time, and said so at the stadium. Despite it ending badly, I have changed my tune. I think I heard Josh was 13 for 14 on 1 yard QB sneaks, and this was only a few inches. The one he missed was a botched snap. I couldn’t tell live, but he cleary slipped in Nashville.  $%&#  happens. I’m good with the decision despite the outcome. 

Regardless, they are absolutely one of the top teams in the league and we clearly showed we were on par with them playing in their (shared for the night) house. 

The Titans are super hot, even without Henry. I hope we peak at the right time, in the playoffs! 

Edited by Augie

33 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think a QB can be developed both ways. The thing is, Mac Jones isn't really a gunslinger type QB and neither is Brady really for that matter, despite the 5,000 yard seasons he has. They don't have that kind of mentality, like a Mahomes or Allen to throw it all over the field. I haven't checked the box scores but I would guess that Mac Jones and Bray's seasons as first year starting QB's look eerily similar in terms of the overall stats and game manager check down plays. And Brady has made a HOF career out of checking down to his running backs when he was in New England. 

That said, I do like the way Allen was developed and i think he is still on a great trajectory. 

It’s disappointing to see so many bowing to the Pats. The Bills face some adversity and many act like we should fear the Pats. As some have said, if the Bills play like they are capable of I’m not worried about the Patriots. A bad loss to the Jags doesn’t change the expectations of this team. Love how the responded today. Now lets beat the Colts!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So did cocky Mike White and this defense tore him a new one

OT you could still have lost..

You mean Mike White that the Pats D allowed to score 6 points against? While our O rattled off 54? Your putting your take based off of the Jets!! Ugh..

The truth is The East is still up for grabs and of the two teams should be neck and neck come the showdown. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.