I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Objectively, if the Pats played us this week and we don’t have Brown, Feliciano and Knox back… I’d probably expect us to lose.  

When healthy, we’re the better team, but NE is playing better than us right now and that’s not really debatable. 

Football is a week to week thing. If the Bills beat the Jets and they should. At the very least I expect them to be focused and take the game seriously which is something the Jags players said the Bills didn't do. If the Browns beat the Pats then next Monday we will all be singing a different tune instead of the gloom and doom we see right now.

2 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I doubt it was your intent with this thread Dave McBride, but look you've brought ALL of the "I was right when I claimed x months ago that the Bills we pretenders and won't even make the playoffs and should have done x/y/z" out of the woodwork. Its a shame. Coulda been a reasonable discussion. Maybe it still can. Can the Patriots match the talent of this Bills team? No. Its not that close. And sorry but I strongly disagree that Mac Jones is anywhere near the prospect that Joe Burrow is. Could the Pats beat the Bills with a sound game plan and execution? Sure. Absolutely. That concern is legit and we'll see soon! I feel confident we'll get things right and take care of them but it won't be a cakewalk by any means.

Ha! Definitely not my intent. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Who cares about the pats. Worry about winning against the Jets. 

you can take no one for granted after Sunday.

We aren't on the team.  We don't play the games.

You need to rethink your position here.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, yes & no.

As long as BB is coach, I'll always go into that game thinking they can win.  And of course they can win the division.

But who have they beaten?  I know the same can be said of us - but they almost had their Jax game against Houston, and yesterday, Darnold really handed the game over to them. Their offense could barely get moving.

I disagree w/ whoever was talking to King.  BB is the difference-maker in the match-up, but talent-wise, the Pats aren't really close to the Bills.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I mean, yes & no.

As long as BB is coach, I'll always go into that game thinking they can win.  And of course they can win the division.

But who have they beaten?  I know the same can be said of us - but they almost had their Jax game against Houston, and yesterday, Darnold really handed the game over to them. Their offense could barely get moving.

I disagree w/ whoever was talking to King.  BB is the difference-maker in the match-up, but talent-wise, the Pats aren't really close to the Bills.

Last year, the Pats almost beat the Bills with a completely ineffective Cam Newton.  He lost the game with an ill-timed fumble but there was no doubt that they were well on their way of scoring the go-ahead touchdown with no time remaining.

No one will get more out of their players than Bill Belichek.  If he was our HC, the Bills would be 7-1 right now.  

Given than this season, he has a competent QB, and was able to use his cap space to effectively address weaknesses, it's not a surprise that the Pats are a threat.  And it's arguable if they are better than the Bills because of our abysmal offensive line and running game.

That being said, they have had a simple schedule with only the Chargers game being an impressive win.

We're in for a real fight just to win this division. Forget about the #1 seed, we could be in big trouble for the playoffs if we drop another game we're "supposed" to win.

If we split with NE and lost to either the Bucs or Colts that's 5 losses, which is starting to flirt with wildcard tiebreakers. 

It's gut check time for this team, and this week's Jets game will be fascinating. How will they respond?

I fully expect a return to something that resembles the Bills offense and a big win. If this team comes out and it's 6-3 or 3-3 at the half again I think we're all going to be worried. 

Also, the ONE TIME I want NE to win (vs Brady) they lose... 

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Bills fans are the thinnest skinned cry babies of all fan bases. They can't handle a loss. It's embarrassing. It's a joke.

Disagree. It's reality check time for a supposed "best team in the NFL" and Super Bowl contender. 

The Bucs "had a bad game" because Brady threw for 375 yards and 4 TDs but turned the ball over 3 times. 

that's the competition if you want to talk about Super Bowls. 

We scored 6 points against the worst team in the AFC. 

IF we lost to Jacksonville 35-32 on some fluky play it would be one thing. But our offense was dominated all day long and every yard looked like a struggle. That's the problem... 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Bills fans are the thinnest skinned cry babies of all fan bases. They can't handle a loss. It's embarrassing. It's a joke.

Honest question, if the Bills performed like they have the past two weeks, would you feel comfortable saying they would beat the Pats?

There are obviously some "Cry babies" and the usual "I told you so, the sky is falling!" types, but there are a lot of informed fans that can tell this team is not playing remotely like a contender right now, because of some glaring deficiencies weaker teams are taking advantage of.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Because I don’t have my rose colored glasses on?  I respect differing opinions myself

When you say you think the bills are going under 500 the back half you sound like you've never watched a day of football in your life 

Bills Fans don't know how to handle winning or losing... Sky is always falling

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

When you say you think the bills are going under 500 you sound like you've never watched a day of football in your life 

Especially with our schedule

Did you watch yesterday?  Our Oline got dominated by worst team in NFL.  That does not bode well for Josh or Bills over the next 8 games.  if you can't protect QB,and you can't run ball- it don't matter how good your D is.  You will lose

and we played easiest schedule in NFL so far.  Its about to get to get real

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

AFC playoffs are going to be very interesting...

I could see anyone who makes it getting to the Super Bowl. Whoever is #7 will come in red hot, having won a bunch of games to get there, and the Chiefs are bad. then it becomes anyone's game. 

Just please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, no more tom Brady Super Bowls. It's enough already!

Looking at the Pats remaining schedule and assuming they continue to ascend it's not hard to see them finishing with 11 or 12 wins:

CLE - (W) Browns had an impressive win @ CIN but Mayfield is the type of QB that BB will feast on in terms of mistakes.

@ ATL - (W)

TEN - (50/50 as hot as Titans are they aren't winning out)

@ BUF (50/50 but would lean towards Pats as of today)

@ IND (50/50 have played similar to Pats in recent weeks)

BUF (W)

JAC (W)

@ MIA (W)

When I look at the Bills today I obviously see them struggling to achieve the same results down the stretch so both head to head matchups against the Pats will likely determine the division and/or Bills playoff fate.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

AFC playoffs are going to be very interesting...

I could see anyone who makes it getting to the Super Bowl. Whoever is #7 will come in red hot, having won a bunch of games to get there, and the Chiefs are bad. then it becomes anyone's game. 

Just please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, no more tom Brady Super Bowls. It's enough already!

Especially if we get there.

I could see it, though. I could actually see a scenario where the Bills have to exorcise all of their demons by beating NE in the AFCCG, and the Bucs in the SB.  

That would be particularly nerve-wracking, and extra devastating to lose either game.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Did you watch yesterday?  Our Oline got dominated by worst team in NFL.  That does not bode well for Josh or Bills over the next 8 games.  if you can't protect QB,and you can't run ball- it don't matter how good your D is.  You will lose

Any team could win in the NFL on any given week

If you don't show up to play you're going to lose... The bills didn't show up yesterday

Its that simple 

Technically three new combinations on the line yesterday.. 

Dawkins , mongo, Morse , Williams , brown is more than enough when healthy 

There's a lot of bad guard play in the NFL.. Not Just bills

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

Honest question, if the Bills performed like they have the past two weeks, would you feel comfortable saying they would beat the Pats?

There are obviously some "Cry babies" and the usual "I told you so, the sky is falling!" types, but there are a lot of informed fans that can tell this team is not playing remotely like a contender right now, because of some glaring deficiencies weaker teams are taking advantage of.

I have no reason to believe that they will play like that for the rest of the season. The offense got on track in the 2nd half of the Dolphins game and ended up winning the game by double digits.

The defense has kept us in every game except the Titans game, and even that was a last second loss.

Josh Allen has consistently shown throughout his career that he can step up and play better after bad games. The oline has had much better games.

I'm totally concerned about the offensive problems, but they can be dealt with. And I've watched a lot of other teams and seen their issues too.

The Bucs have their warts too this season. Every team does.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Looking at the Pats remaining schedule and assuming they continue to ascend it's not hard to see them finishing with 11 or 12 wins:

CLE - (W) Browns had an impressive win @ CIN but Mayfield is the type of QB that BB will feast on in terms of mistakes.

@ ATL - (W)

TEN - (50/50 as hot as Titans are they aren't winning out)

@ BUF (50/50 but would lean towards Pats as of today)

@ IND (50/50 have played similar to Pats in recent weeks)

BUF (W)

JAC (W)

@ MIA (W)

When I look at the Bills today I obviously see them struggling to achieve the same results down the stretch so both head to head matchups against the Pats will likely determine the division and/or Bills playoff fate.

I could see the Browns D giving Jones fits as well. I think Cleveland has a good chance to beat NE.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.