TNF: Jets @ Colts, 8:20 on Fox/NFLN

Hapless Bills Fan

Just think these are our next 2 opponents following Jax this Sunday.  Both teams are awful yet did some good things. Both with terrible defenses but can score points. Bills shouldn’t have trouble with either but also can’t bring their C game or have turnovers and expect to win as these teams can score on you. 

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Just think these are our next 2 opponents following Jax this Sunday.  Both teams are awful yet did some good things. Both with terrible defenses but can score points. Bills shouldn’t have trouble with either but also can’t bring their C game or have turnovers and expect to win as these teams can score on you. 

The Colts are not awful to my eyes. At all.

They are physical, talented, and can put up points in bunches when Wentz is on his game. They run a balanced offense, driven by a solid o-line, which scares me for the Bills. 

(They can also apparently be scored on in bunches...mostly due to mediocre DB play, is what it looks like?)

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The Colts are not awful to my eyes. At all.

They are physical, talented, and can put up points in bunches when Wentz is on his game. They run a balanced offense, driven by a solid o-line, which scares me for the Bills. 

(They can also apparently be scored on in bunches...mostly due to mediocre DB play, is what it looks like?)

The Colts lack perimeter players on both sides. I do not want to see the Bills in heavy personnel and trying to run the ball once against Indy. Spread them out. Make them cover. And on defense commit to stopping Taylor. Let Tre play 1v1 against Pittman and take your chances with the rest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Colts lack perimeter players on both sides. I do not want to see the Bills in heavy personnel and trying to run the ball once against Indy. Spread them out. Make them cover. And on defense commit to stopping Taylor. Let Tre play 1v1 against Pittman and take your chances with the rest.

Do they still have those TE’s that gave us fits in the playoffs last year?

44 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Do they still have those TE’s that gave us fits in the playoffs last year?

Doyle and Mo Ali-Cox. Yes. Neither of them is great but you are right both caused us a matchup problem. The Bills had issues against TEs all year last year but we have been noticeable better in that regard so far this season. The game against Indy will be a bit of a litmus test for that.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did.  We were saying in the shout box is Zach Wilson the 3rd best QB on the team right now?

Also unclear why they traded for Flacco

Step 1 when evaluating the NY Jets: They’re a perennial Dumpster Fire.  I’ll go on record here and proclaim this is far and away the very best group of QBs the Jets/Titans have ever fielded! EVER. -and their record speaks to it. 😳🤦‍♂️

That had to be one of the worst performances by a defense I have ever seen. The Colts ran and passed at will. The Colts have a very good O-line that was dominating the Jets all game. The Colts RB's had holes you could drive a truck through.  If the Bills O-line plays half as good as the Colts did then Allen and company are going to go off on the Jets.  The Bills WR's vs the Jets secondary is a big time mismatch. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.