MNF - Giants at Chiefs 8:15 ESPN

ngbills

Mahomes looks bad. Inaccurate, throwing into guys that are covered, flushing out of clean pockets, doing that weird jump throw for every throw.

He’s either hurt or has the yips. I find it hard to believe that it took 3 years for NFL defensive coordinators to figure out cover Hill and drop everyone in a zone.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Scott lol... Thanks for answering... I am sure Mahomes will come back in second half.. get his 300 yards and win the game but this game is brutal

maybe. I think Mahomes is still a top qb but he is done being above anyone else in the top. Like he was imo. He isn’t that much different this year. His receivers aren’t bailing out his bad passes anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RiotAct said:

OMG… that’s the first time I’ve seen the Brady pick-six from yesterday.

Can you imagine Josh standing there with his hands on his hips sulking like that as the play is still going on?  Jesus.

I have to think getting a pick six has an added level of difficulty because he will ***** end you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

OMG… that’s the first time I’ve seen the Brady pick-six from yesterday.

Can you imagine Josh standing there with his hands on his hips sulking like that as the play is still going on?  Jesus.

If you get an interception on josh you better pray someone else tackles you I figure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

If you get an interception on josh you better pray someone else tackles you I figure. 

ala Kelly breakin a guys leg? 😁

The Bills should do a better job at RB. The Bills have very long history of having great running backs. Now, after twenty years of sucking and having no QB we finally are dangerous but a primo back sure would take us a step further. It is not like the Bills do not value the position, we did use two low third round selections which is about right in building a franchise.  And goodness knows our backs are far from terrible. Both can block very well and this talent might be the most important in this offense. 

I really thought Singletary would show more of his dangerous self this year but we start the game and he seems more nervous than Allen. Tight and awkward and easily taken down. It usually takes him a lot of carries to get in a swing and become harder to tackle, and much better at reading his blocks.  His worse trait is that he has short medial forearms which makes him prone to fumbling.

Moss is far less dangerous of a back, but is better at taking what's there and less prone to fumbling. Moss to my surprise has better hands too. I thought Devin would catch far better this year. I don't get it.

This spring, I thought both would step up their games but it looks like I was wrong and that they are what they are. Below average NFL RBs except for pass blocking.

While we need far better blocking neither of these backs are anywhere close to the Bills backs of yesterday. Fred Jackson, God Bless him, would be a huge upgrade for us.

I think Beane has to forget his current model and find backs bigger and faster. I can't Billieve we can't find one in the third round. Well, maybe this year. I am kind of with Beane here that we shouldn't use the top two rounds on RBs unless the RB is the clear BPA. We need OL. We need a DT for the future, and we need a CB imho.... I Billieve we can get the outside CB in the third or fourth round because Leslie and Sean are CB magicians.  I think we should triple header at RB this spring. Let's find a UFA with upside, let's hit RB in the third or fourth round again and let's hit it in the sixth or a couple UDFAs right after the draft. We need lots of competition at running back and let's throw a lot against the wall and see what sticks for 2022.

Lets make certain that we have two backs for the practice squad as well. Let's take advantage of the big PS and identify a couple backs that probably are OK to be put there where we could really coach them up.....

I think McBeane gets a C for their ability to create a RB room so far....

Especially if you look around the league and see what everybody else has at RB.....

A good, smart confident RB would be a strong ally for the young signal caller. Someone who Allen would want to share the load with.....

Go Bills!

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

maybe. I think Mahomes is still a top qb but he is done being above anyone else in the top. Like he was imo. He isn’t that much different this year. His receivers aren’t bailing out his bad passes anymore. 

The press is still bad though... They allow him to get away with way more then Josh

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.