Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

No it will be Harrison Phillips or Vernon Butler IMO.

In fact wouldn't be surprised if Beane is shopping both right now trying to get even a conditional 7th round pick.

Yeah, maybe. This seems like the week to keep some extra interior DLs, though. In fact, I think it's strategically important to keep good DL depth. For the rest of the year, the Bills aren't facing any prolific passers besides Brady. Teams are gonna want to control the clock against the Bills. I'd rather not make our DL depth a weakness, but if the right offer is out there you know Beane's gonna take it. 

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, maybe. This seems like the week to keep some extra interior DLs, though. In fact, I think it's strategically important to keep good DL depth. For the rest of the year, the Bills aren't facing any prolific passers besides Brady. Teams are gonna want to control the clock against the Bills. I'd rather not make our DL depth a weakness, but if the right offer is out there you know Beane's gonna take it. 

Personally I would dump Butler ASAP and keep Phillips but he's the one that has more perceived trade value given his contract and age.

Butler is complete waste of space and really not sure why we kept him other than insurance but like I said, still think one of these two will go to make room for Stevenson but that may not be until after the bye week anyway at this point.

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The Titans pounded the run at us last year forcing Edmunds and our safeties to play in the box, then hit crosses right behind them.

Wonder if we could use 3 LBs. Milano and Klein near the LOS with Edmunds playing a deeper middle S role like a 3 deep zone?

Just thinking how to counter what they did to us last year.

The counter is to field a real defense this year.  Our D was decimated last season.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Personally I would dump Butler ASAP and keep Phillips but he's the one that has more perceived trade value given his contract and age.

Butler is complete waste of space and really not sure why we kept him other than insurance but like I said, still think one of these two will go to make room for Stevenson but that may not be until after the bye week anyway at this point.

Eh....they're a waste of space until we need them, but are forced to call up Brandin Bryant instead... (knock on wood)

If worse comes to worst, I'd rather have Butler and Phillips available to rotate in.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is great, and exactly what I thought of when I first saw that still of Allen’s leap. I’m talking the side view shot with him at the peak of his leap with the ball resting on his shoulder. Very Jordan jumpman logo like. 

Edited by TheProcess

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The counter is to field a real defense this year.  Our D was decimated last season.

I don't think we will be as soft in the middle which should force Henry wide on more runs. That, and our ends should be able to bring more pressure.

Just thinking of the best way to get Tanny to hold onto the ball longer.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I don't think we will be as soft in the middle which should force Henry wide on more runs. That, and our ends should be ble to bring more pressure.

Just thinking of the best way to get Tanny to hold onto the ball longer.

Im probably the minority but even though I am not worried about the game over all... Im more worried about Tanny running than Henry.  I think they can take care of the passing game and Henry running but Tanny has some legs when he has to use them.  The Bills have been susceptible to the QB running when they aren't game planning for it like say against Lamar.  Hopefully its part of their gameplan to watch for that this year.

Why I'm convinced the Bills will roll Titans

1) Titan OLINE is in shambles.  I expect a persistent pass rush

2) Titans win when they stick with Henry and opponents DLINE get tired.  Henry will be the tired one when Buffalo sends 9 DL after him.

3) Milano is back

4) Even though "Julio Brown" will play, can their OLINE give Tannehill enough time to throw?  I say no.  This is shaping up as a 4 sack game

5) Weather will not be an issue

6) No matter how many times they say this is a new year, they know what happened there last year

7) Titan LBs are B-A-D.  This has all the earmarks of a quick, short passing game with lot's of YAC

8.) Titans starting CB Fulton is dinged up and may not play.

9) JA17

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:58 PM, YoloinOhio said:

More from Vrabel here:

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/behind-enemy-lines-a-quick-look-at-the-buffalo-bills-x2718

(on how he has seen Bills quarterback Josh Allen grow through the last four years)

He trusts the offensive line, he is a lot more patient, he will wait things out, there is some good anticipation. I think he is, and again I am sure you guys will shred holes in this, but his deep ball accuracy – I just felt like watching on film, I think the deep ball accuracy is really good. I don't know, I think maybe a couple years ago he was airmailing a couple of those, I don't know. I think back and they were taking shots and maybe he was overthrowing some guys. He is really accurate. He made a throw the other night in the game to his left, down the seam, and they couldn't have defended it no matter what they had called.

I like his "form 1040EZ" description of the Bills D

(on the Bills run defense)

They play sound, they play fast, good tacklers, great effort, good fundamentals. A lot of respect for what Sean (McDermott) and that staff has done. It is also a group that has been together for a while. In the backend, you can look at the safeties and that group, and they have a nickel that tackles and triggers and blitzes. The safeties are good blitzers and the linebackers have all been together. The front is a little different with some new bodies in there, but they are young and athletic. (Ed) Oliver is a disrupter. They play a lot of guys up front.

"a wildcat that throws for 350 yards a game" LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this milano talk is so freaking annoying. If he's healthy he plays. quit with this BS about him absolutely NEEDING to sit until after the bye. good lord.

Agreed.  He’s a starter and was playing at an All-Pro level.  You don’t rest him in a huge conference game if he’s ready.  So silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, eball said:

Agreed.  He’s a starter and was playing at an All-Pro level.  You don’t rest him in a huge conference game if he’s ready.  So silly.

I think people also forget that the team can’t just unilaterally make that call on a player. If he’s cleared and the team holds him out it is essentially a healthy scratch and will cause issues with the player and the agent. He will probably be listed as questionable after tomorrow’s practice unless he’s a FP but the player is going to want to play if he’s cleared to play. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, wjag said:

2) Titans win when they stick with Henry and opponents DLINE get tired.  Henry will be the tired one when Buffalo sends 9 DL after him.

3) Milano is back

4) Even though "Julio Brown" will play, can their OLINE give Tannehill enough time to throw?  I say no.  This is shaping up as a 4 sack game

6) No matter how many times they say this is a new year, they know what happened there last year

7) Titan LBs are B-A-D.  This has all the earmarks of a quick, short passing game with lot's of YAC

9) JA17

I like number 6 and just for that I can’t wait to stump them. Go BILLS 

8 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

…and the Titans are the least healthy.

Cheating the system. Putting 17 guys on IR to being them back fresh later in the year once they cut the crappy players after an extended "preseason".

I'm joking but it's not a bad idea. 

7 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Even if his hamstring is 90% healed, I would rather rest him at this point of the season. The bye week would give him extended healing time and he'll have a better chance of being healthy for the remainder of the season. 

It's already a 17 game season and for us it'll be at least 20

McD sort of eluded to this point. He said he sat out the KC game to avoid him missing multiple games. Sounds like he was really close last week and probably could’ve played but was held out to be 100%.

• Agree 2

UGGHHH. I wanna be there soooo bad. My wife has been down there and said it’s phenomenal. Last year we had agreed we would attend the next time they played there but the birth of our baby girl in the last month was quite a monkey wrench. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

UGGHHH. I wanna be there soooo bad. My wife has been down there and said it’s phenomenal. Last year we had agreed we would attend the next time they played there but the birth of our baby girl in the last month was quite a monkey wrench. 

You have a new Bills fan in the family! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Cheating the system. Putting 17 guys on IR to being them back fresh later in the year once they cut the crappy players after an extended "preseason".

I'm joking but it's not a bad idea. 

They have lots of players on IR, but only players who went on IR after the team made their final cuts to reach a roster of 53 are eligible to be reactivated after 3 weeks.  I don't know when all these players went on IR, but it would be extremely difficult for a team to put more than a handful on IR right after they made final cuts.  Other teams would recognize the talent of those players, and would start asking the league office to investigate.  Players placed on IR before final cut down either have to stay on IR all season  or reach an injury settlement with the team and are then released.

7 hours ago, wjag said:

3) Milano is back

9) JA17

Who's Julio Brown? I'll assume you are speaking of Quintorris Lopez 

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Congrats on the new addition! Can’t think of a better reason to miss a game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Congrats. You're ***** ed. I know because I am as well lol. Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.