What was up with Beasley today?

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Then he clarified and said the fans sitting near the sidelines/bench.

Again, I'm just pointing out I'd didn't feel called out by that comment.  Because I'm supporting him.

Maybe you feel called out, because you don't?  I don't need a response, just worth considering. 

Beasley is an idiot for not choosing his words more carefully.    He chose to say Bills fans.   

He could have just said a couple idiots in the stands were heckling me about not being vaccinated (if that is in fact what happened).    

Actually he is an idiot for even Tweeting at all - realizing there is no upside to doing so and only possible downside.

He should have stuck to his decision to not post on Twitter again as a respectful gesture to his teammates.

This man creates his own grief.    He is a masochist.    

And just when the whole Covid thing is beginning to die down and less people than ever cared about his vaccination status or anyone else's for that matter - he has to go stir the pot and make a public stink.   Its almost as if he is afraid of not getting enough attention.      

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Just Glad I never got his Jersey. Would be another useless one. 

cannot wait for my Spencer Brown one to get here 

He’s still gonna get paid 7 mil for playing football while you cry about him on the sidelines.  

You not buying his jersey doesn’t really matter.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

He’s still gonna get paid 7 mil for playing football while you cry about him on the sidelines.  

You not buying his jersey doesn’t really matter.  

I don’t care you think a guy about to get 7M wouldn’t cry about some Boos. But then you have Cole Lying Beasley. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beasley clearly doesn't understand bills fans.  If they think for a 2nd that he is impacting the team in a negative way you will hear about it.  McD has mentioned several times that if your team hasn't hit that magic percent number on vaccinations the team has extra protocols to follow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then these people are weak sauce as fans, they're behaving badly, and they should STFU (IMO).

From Cole:

But he is calling out the fan base as a whole, along with regurgitating his little misinformation fest:

Hello, Beasley?  Can we discuss the concepts of "risk reduction" and "relative risk"? 

I suppose it's hopeless, but I have been Hopeful in my time.

unreal. Rule #1: never boo your own team. 

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Agreed he is a bill bills fan should be supporting him during a football game

Nobody should be booing regardless of your feelings about vaccinations. He bailed this team out 100 times last year. And I guarantee you we'll desperately need him this season. It might even be this Sunday night?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

If they are making the enjoyment of the game worse kick them out and have them never allowed back in  

I'll make this my last post in this now God awful thread.

The fans have a right to boo. They paid to get in and they can cheer, boo or keep quiet.

Beasley has the right to his opinions. He can post them on Twitter and, if he wants, insult ALL Bills fans.

But having the right to do something doesn't mean you have to do. Sometimes it's not the best option to let the world know you are an idiot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Poor choice of words and also very poor timing... not what this team needs to be dealing with in the build up to the most important game of the season so far.

An excellent receiver, a very important part of the offence... but should have cut his twitter access along with his hair.

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

The fans have a right to boo. They paid to get in and they can cheer, boo or keep quiet.

Beasley has the right to his opinions. He can post them on Twitter and, if he wants, insult ALL Bills fans.

But having the right to do something doesn't mean you have to do. Sometimes it's not the best option to let the world know you are an idiot.

Absolutely right - and, unfortunately, there is plenty of idiocy on display

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Actually they have no right to make the stadium experience worse for others. Your thoughts on "Rights" go out the window. You are a guest in a stadium doesn't matter if you paid.

You want your "Rights" then don't go to the game and you can boo  and act like an idiot all you want from home.

Funny to watch people talk about rights as if paying gives them an excuse to be an idiot.

Edited by TBBills
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Actually they have no right to make the stadium experience worse for others. Your thoughts on "Rights" go out the window. You are a guest in a stadium doesn't matter if you paid.

You want your "Rights" then don't go to the game and you can boo  and act like an idiot all you want from home.

So you never Booed at a sport game. Yeah I doubt that. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So you never Booed at a sport game. Yeah I doubt that. 

You don't understand what is being talked about. Better to sit back and read the comments if this is your response.

This isn't fans booing bad play or a team that has given up. This is a few people suppressing others down for a choice they are allowed to make. Making the game enjoyment worse for everyone around them, Karen's get kicked out of supermarkets for being idiots, why not other for booing someone b.c of a vaccination stand. Such stupidity and they don't need to be at a football game if they cannot separate politics and football for 4 hours 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You don't understand what is being talked about. Better to sit back and read the comments if this is your response. This isn't fans booing bad play or a team that has given up. This is a few people suppressing others down for a choice they are allowed to make. Making the game enjoyment worse for everyone around them, Karen's get kicked out of supermarkets for being idiots, why not other for booing someone b.c of a vaccination stand. Such stupidity and they don't need to be at a football game if they cannot separate politics and football for 4 hours 

waaah

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You don't understand what is being talked about. Better to sit back and read the comments if this is your response. This isn't fans booing bad play or a team that has given up. This is a few people suppressing others down for a choice they are allowed to make. Making the game enjoyment worse for everyone around them, Karen's get kicked out of supermarkets for being idiots, why not other for booing someone b.c of a vaccination stand. Such stupidity and they don't need to be at a football game if they cannot separate politics and football for 4 hours 

I agree with you, but fans have booed players for off field stuff since the beginning of time. I’m not saying they should in this case, but to go after the entire fan base is what people have an issue with. Cole is one of my favorite players, but he’s become more unlikeable to me. He’s coming across as a wannabe Vanilla Ice with cool ink who’s trying to be hard, but he’s actually mentally soft. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, QCity said:

What kind of indoctrinated homer BS rule book are you reading? Tell that to Sabres fans.

The only time I’ve ever booed any of my home teams was when they flat out didn’t put forth an honest effort. Like the Sabres, especially last year. You, as a pro player, OWE it to your fans, coaches, and teammates to put forth your best effort every time. Period. You don’t, and I’m gonna boo your sorry ass right out of the stadium. 

9 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

What do you guys think the repercussions of Beasley's actions will end up being?

Will he get benched for it?   Fined for it?    Talked to by the coach but that is about it?    Something else?    Care to speculate?

Handled internally 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

What do you guys think the repercussions of Beasley's actions will end up being?

Will he get benched for it?   Fined for it?    Talked to by the coach but that is about it?    Something else?    Care to speculate?

public hanging in Niagara Square.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

hopefully if any it should be handled in house and not on social media. jmo

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Shockingly bad timing and poor judgment by Beasley. Interesting that McDermott sides with the fans. He knows that relationship will last a lot longer than the one he has with Cole Beasley.

I doubt McB make many decisions based on fan input but he knows how to keep things under wraps while Beasley is a player and again In House. we need him on the roster so this too shall pass...bunch of drama its annoyng.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

unreal. Rule #1: never boo your own team. 

Apparently you never went to a Bills game during the JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Billy Joe Hobert, Vince Ferragamo, Dennis Shaw, Jack Kemp years. Bills fans have booed their team in every era. 

47 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Why do I feel like all of these idiots are just begging to get punched in the head at a Bills game.   Pure idiocy.   

Have you ever been to a Bills game?  There are a-holes galore. It’s a cross-section of society, not a country club. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Apparently you never went to a Bills game during the JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Billy Joe Hobert, Vince Ferragamo, Dennis Shaw, Jack Kemp years. Bills fans have booed their team in every era. 

it is morally wrong, in my book. It’s like the 11th commandment. Thou shalt not boo. I have seen a lot of bad bills football and have never booed anyone, even players I didn’t care for. 

it also reflects poorly on the loyalty of the fan base. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Have you ever been to a Bills game?  There are a-holes galore. It’s a cross-section of society, not a country club. 

None more deserving than the 2003 Bills. :angry::thumbdown:

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Funny to watch people talk about rights as if paying gives them an excuse to be an idiot.

Curious how many Bills games you’ve been to?  If you go, you must spend all your time texting that fan behavior hotline 🤣

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it is morally wrong, in my book. It’s like the 11th commandment. Thou shalt not boo. I have seen a lot of bad bills football and have never booed anyone, even players I didn’t care for. 

it also reflects poorly on the loyalty of the fan base. 

Sounds like you take entertainment really, really seriously. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Curious how many Bills games you’ve been to?  If you go, you must spend all your time texting that fan behavior hotline 🤣

Sounds like you take entertainment really, really seriously. 

Again another person has no idea what they are talking about is two completely different things.

• Dislike 1