What was up with Beasley today?

So Beasley’s super fragile, cool. 

Honestly, this all seems like damage control. Realized he was wrong and instead of admitting his mistake he’s doubling down and making up stories. 

Blasting a fanbase for screaming your name in the pouring rain, new all-time low. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Nobody I know who was at the game heard booing. But perhaps there was some, scattered here and there. Maybe some right near Beasley. That and people yelling at him to get vaxxed lead him to believe it was more widespread. I'm still not sure this is any reason to tweet out an insult to the fan base. 

But it is only a distraction if it is a distraction to the TEAM, not the fanbase. So far, the team has done an excellent job of shutting out this nonsense. I hope it can continue.

Here's the Profootballtalk take:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/04/cole-beasley-complains-that-bills-fans-are-yelling-at-him-to-get-vaccinated/

I'm at the point of just doing what I deem best for myself. The people that don't want vaxed yeah well I dont think it's a smart decision but freedom means being free to make good AND bad choices in life. Your choice your consequence. No skin off my nose. That may be cold but Im done caring about anyones vax status its not my business. Im squarely in the "he needs to stay off twitter" camp

m

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Why did this guy purposely walk into the kitchen, if he couldn't take the heat?  So he is allowed to say whatever his views are, but when people disagree, he cries.

Trade him to Houston for Roberts, and let McKenzie get off the returns so he can play the slot.  Mckenzie would add much more than Beasley.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought he wasn't going to tweet any more out of respect to his teammates? 

I am close to being done with him. Even if we can keep him in line this year I am cutting him after the season. At his price and 33 years old he isn't worth the hassle in 2022.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Boo hoo…millionaire cupcake uses his First Amendment right to push anti-social anti-vax position but whines when society uses its First Amendment right to boo him. I’ll never root for the guy or support him. I don’t have to root for you while you are a carpet bagger here for a few years. Should have stayed in Dallas, his schtick is on brand down there. Can't wait until this petulant baby is gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am close to being done with him. Even if we can keep him in line this year I am cutting him after the season. At his price and 33 years old he isn't worth the hassle in 2022.

There’s a good chance he’ll naturally be washed up soon anyway, even without this drama. Small slot guys don’t typically last forever. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He Obviously isnt a man of is word.  Always has to play victim.  He knw everyone saw him get torn into on the sideline and needed to get in front of that....  Take to Twitter....  Just like he did in Dallas.  Zebras do not change their stripes.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yup.  And by my untrained eye the Bills played pretty well yesterday with Mongo on the bench and Boos getting his 2/16.

The O benefited greatly from the D and just having more opportunities and short fields.. Those 3 straight FGs , with great field position as well aren't going to cut it vs KC or other great teams. 

He was a HUGE reason we were the best 3rd down O and best red zone O. 

8 of 10 TD rate in red zone before yesterday where we were 40%.

Anyone thinking we're better without him is delusional 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

You know, the funny thing about all of this is that Beasley could believe anything he wanted and if he didn't have to blab about it on instatwit or whatever nobody would know but him.

Let's ban social media for players and children and adults, and everyone in between.

it's the real jerk here.

That’s where the team is in a pickle. If you silence Bease, he becomes a martyr and hero to millions, while doing nothing to free the team of distractions, because it would create more of them. I’m not weighting in politically. I’ve got plenty of friends who feel the same as Beasley, but I don’t like that he’s using his upper hand to act like a fool. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Boo hoo…millionaire cupcake uses his First Amendment right to push anti-social anti-vax position but whines when society uses its First Amendment right to boo him. I’ll never root for the guy or support him. I don’t have to root for you while you are a carpet bagger here for a few years. Should have stayed in Dallas, his schtick is on brand down there. Can't wait until this petulant baby is gone.

What does the First Amendment have to do with any of this? Was there some discussion of Congress making a law regarding this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

You know, the funny thing about all of this is that Beasley could believe anything he wanted and if he didn't have to blab about it on instatwit or whatever nobody would know but him.

Let's ban social media for players and children and adults, and everyone in between.

it's the real jerk here.

Social media is downfall of society. I believe that 100%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s where the team is in a pickle. If you silence Bease, he becomes a martyr and hero to millions, while doing nothing to free the team of distractions, because it would create more of them. I’m not weighting in politically. I’ve got plenty of friends who feel the same as Beasley, but I don’t like that he’s using his upper hand to act like a fool. 

They could choose to "not dress him" for home games.    The last thing you want is your home fan base booing the team as it comes out of the tunnel.   Bad vibe for the entire team even if the booing is focused on one specific player.

He could be banned from the stadium on game day because of his poor decisions regarding social media.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, QCity said:

What a drama queen. JFC. Yeah, that's not going to help, Cole.

What are his expectations when he tweets "I thought Bills fans were the best in the world? Where did they go?". 

Like,  I cannot see that ending any way other than people being resentful. 

Also, fans have been screaming "BEEEEAAAAASSSSS" Since he showed up in Buffalo, well before COVID or vaccines were an issue. Convenient he hears it as booing now. 

This is not going to end well for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1