What was up with Beasley today?

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That joke formula is supposed to be for things totally unexpected before the season started.

Blowing out the Texans was expected.

Beasley getting boos was expected.

I for one am not going to boo the guy.    But people want him to get his shot so he doesn't end up costing the Bills games with protocol issues(at the very least).     Beas is a hard head but if you don't think external pressure works on even the numbest of skulls then ask Andrew Wiggins.   

I'm a Wiggins fan, but yup not being vaccinated and trying to use religion makes me think differently of him.  At least $17,000,000 did the trick and he is vaxxed, but I certainly hope he wakes up later and realizes his folly.

Have one friend not vaccinated (claims he will when a new one he touts is approved), and we gently prod him.  The good news is he doesn't post or talk at all like Beasley, just is not vaccinated.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It very well might be his last season in Buffalo, but your logic isn't sound...  You stated we scored 40 against Houston and he wasn't a factor... Now you bring up how good Sanders is underneath... Ok, maybe we re-sign Sanders next year and play Gabe outside as Beas moves on, but Sanders is 34.   Certainly doesn't look it, but I don't love the plan of taking a 35 year old, next year, Sanders and making him an underneath guy when he is killing teams down the field as they shift coverage to Diggs. 

Spoke on Sanders for this season. Of course they may resign him, however they may draft someone or sign someone new for nex year. Who knows. 

However watching closely you will see one thing about the Bills and how they use their WRs. Every player (Beasley, Diggs, Sanders, Davis...shoot even McKenzie) are able to work underneath as well as get separation deep. If Sanders works the slot you have Davis and Diggs still working downfield. Bease is talented...but the system in place can get the most out of anyone in that position. 

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think Bees miss heard.. and I think he should of gone right back on twitter and acknowledge it. We live in U.S.A where we fight for choice every day. No way an entire crowd boo him cause he is making a choice.. He is just mishearing and needs to admit to it 

And lets say some did Boo him.  Isnt that their Choice???  And Yet he goes on Twitter and Calls out the entire Fan Base....  Yeah F Him

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If people truly are boo'ing him... that's an awful look for our fanbase.  

The 'best fans in football" don't boo one of their own simply because they disagree with a stance they've taken, and/or how vocal they are about it.  

Sadly, he'll likely feel more love when he comes down here to play his away games in Bills-friendly stadiums than he does in his own home. 

Not many moments make me feel ashamed to be a Bills fan.... this would be one. 

This vax issue has brought out a lot of ugly on both sides. I was not surprised at all that some people were booing him when I heard it the past three games. Maybe it is just “beease” but I have no doubt people are booing him lustily. Bills fans have always booed their own players. Didn’t someone draw an offensive symbol on a players lawn once?  People can be horrible. Bills fans are not excluded. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So would any Slot worth his salt.  Davis also will be fine in the Slot, Good Route Runner, Solid Hands, Bigger Body.  

Diggs

Knox

Davis

Sanders

This offence doesnt take a step back.

Is he still really healthy yet?

I don't know if it would take a step back or not, but it would be different.   

That difference could potentially be less sustained drives against good defenses, but more chunk plays.   

Every team in the league has a WR that plays from the slot.  You can't honestly tell me "any slot worth his salt" does what Beasley does.  Who else has a slot as dangerous as Cole in moving the chains/making tough catches?.... Landry, Renfrow... there aren't many.  

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

There is no Context Needed  His FIRST TWEET of the day (Mind you this is after he said he would stay off twitter out of respect for his teammates.  

Perhaps it was his first tweet of the day but it sure reads like a response to someone else and someone paired it with a Mark Cuban tweet above. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And lets say some did Boo him.  Isnt that their Choice???  And Yet he goes on Twitter and Calls out the entire Fan Base....  Yeah F Him

After a 3-1 start which he has barely contributed to, with the biggest game of the young season coming up this weekend, he thinks, "Oh, now's a good time to go yell at the fanbase on Twitter."

Dude is such a DOUCHE.  I should've known it with the man bun.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, MAJBobby said:

ABSOLUTLY yes it is their choice... they paid for the ticket.. I am just saying I highly doubt thousands of fans at one time boo him cause of his choice. I agree with your anger on this topic and Coaches can not be happy right now.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If you had “7 page thread about whether Besley is getting boo’d” after a blow out win on your 2021 TSW bingo card then kudos, you win. 

Almost makes you miss the days of "the blowout wasn't impressive enough"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

If you can do that, great. I can't. To me, a moral issue is a big part of this. Can't cheer for the guy. It depresses me that that's so, but it is.

Yeah, screw that guy for believing that people should make their own health decisions.

I would boo you if I could.  Wait I can.

BOOO!!!! BOOO!!!  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I don't know if it would take a step back or not, but it would be different.   

That difference could potentially be less sustained drives against good defenses, but more chunk plays.   

Every team in the league has a WR that plays from the slot.  You can't honestly tell me "any slot worth his salt" does what Beasley does.  Who else has a slot as dangerous as Cole in moving the chains/making tough catches?.... Landry, Renfrow... there aren't many.  

How many run our system?  

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

This vax issue has brought out a lot of ugly on both sides. I was not surprised at all that some people were booing him when I heard it the past three games. Maybe it is just “beease” but I have no doubt people are booing him lustily. Bills fans have always booed their own players. Didn’t someone draw an offensive symbol on a players lawn once?  People can be horrible. Bills fans are not excluded. 

Maybe Bills Mafia, and all it's national praise, should be more relegated to the away fans up and down the east coast that invade opposing stadiums and actually cheer for all our players then.  

• Vomit 1

Beasley is in a Twitter convo with Mark Cuban.  It’s interesting back and forth right now.  Beasley said people right behind the bench are booing him and talking s**t telling him to get vaccinated and stuff.  

I don’t in any way agree with any of his tweets and comments about vaccination, but come on, on football Sunday it’s game time.  He’s a Buffalo Bill and when he’s on that field politics and differing opinions shouldn’t matter any more.  His views are stupid, but that doesn’t make him a bad person, it makes him misinformed.

So IMHO opinion, leave it be during the games and root for this team and everyone on it to play well.  So far, his stance hasn’t caused any issues for the team or other players other than the personal backlash he receives on social media for his ill-advised comments.  

So until something happens that hurts the team or the players around him, I don’t really see the need to boo or harass him during the games.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, benderbender said:

You'd think his agent, or his wife, or someone with his best business interests in mind would step in and organize an intervention. Social media is not the hill to die on. I respect his opinions. He has a right to speak his mind. He also has a right to the consequences of trying a case in the court of public opinion on the internet. There is no reward big enough to cover the potential losses in my personal opinion. 

These tweets might actually be the best thing for him financially. He's nearing the end of his playing career - the Bills would save save $4.5 million cutting him next year & that's including his cap hit. Cole will be 33 next year and might not want to continue in the NFL. Beasley, intentionally or not, is branding himself to appeal to a certain demographic. It's not crazy to think that he could carve out a niche with his music career catering to that group.

• Haha (+1) 1