What was up with Beasley today?

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

God I hate it when he tweets. 

You'd think his agent, or his wife, or someone with his best business interests in mind would step in and organize an intervention. Social media is not the hill to die on. I respect his opinions. He has a right to speak his mind. He also has a right to the consequences of trying a case in the court of public opinion on the internet. There is no reward big enough to cover the potential losses in my personal opinion. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why should Cole care, the 70,000 at the stadium were all rubes who fell for the COVID-19 propaganda and are vaccinated.  

His people were all watching on TV......😜

DId his People enjoy the ass chewing?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Drawing conclusions from a game against one of the worst teams in the NFL?

Cole is one of the best, maybe the best, pure slot WR in the league.  It's also clear that he has a tight bond with our franchise QB, and is well liked in a tight knit locker room.  

McDermott surely doesn't love his random decisions to tweet whatever is on his mind, but you don't cut guys who played through broken legs, are one of the best at their position and well liked in the locker room.   

Posts like this are as reactionary and ridiculous and Beasley's tweet earlier today.  

I generally agree with this.

However, I also recognize that Daboll came from the Pats and runs the same system. The Pats always had a tough slot guy lined up (Branch, Welker, Edelman, Amendola, etc..). This makes me think it won't be as a tough as we think for the Bills to replace Beasley if he left.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I generally agree with this.

However, I also recognize that Daboll came from the Pats and runs the same system. The Pats always had a tough slot guy lined up (Branch, Welker, Edelman, Amendola, etc..). This makes me think it won't be as a tough as we think for the Bills to replace Beasley if he left.

Agree.  It is the system that will make the Slot player.  Plug and Play.  As long as the Slot runs good routes they will be successful in this system.  That is the reality.  

• Sad 1

As soon as he makes a catch, Beeeeeez is what I hear sitting in section 228.  Fans do not wait for the PA to announce his name, they know it as it happens.  Now maybe there is some crap directed his way during the game as he is on the sidelines and within earshot, but it's on him if he either can't or doesn't realize he needs to distinguish the difference between the two.  Many of those willing to overlook his mixed politics/vaccine stance (the majority, imo) are not likely to appreciate being wrongly accused.  I bet his tweet will get some national run.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Says you.

I've stated many times on the past that Beasley is very talented. At some point, talent gets overshadowed. 

I can't imagine how you know how well he is liked and how is constant flow of social media bull is actually looked at an the locker room and by the coaching staff. However for everyone that sides with him there are, I'm sure, players thinking he should just zip it and play ball.

And no, playing the Texans doesn't factor into it. He is 100% replaceable and if I am allowed to speculate as you have, I would say the plan has been for this to to his last season in Buffalo all along. Sanders is excellent working underneath. Knox is emerging quickly. Davis is healing up and will eventually be able to play full snaps. 

Between his age, cap number and now his constant battle with common sense...dash in some amount of paranoid behavior...yea wouldn't be shocking if it expedited his departure from Buffalo. 

It very well might be his last season in Buffalo, but your logic isn't sound...  You stated we scored 40 against Houston and he wasn't a factor... Now you bring up how good Sanders is underneath... Ok, maybe we re-sign Sanders next year and play Gabe outside as Beas moves on, but Sanders is 34.   Certainly doesn't look it, but I don't love the plan of taking a 35 year old, next year, Sanders and making him an underneath guy when he is killing teams down the field as they shift coverage to Diggs. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If you had “7 page thread about whether Besley is getting boo’d” after a blow out win on your 2021 TSW bingo card then kudos, you win. 

That joke formula is supposed to be for things totally unexpected before the season started.

Blowing out the Texans was expected.

Beasley getting boos was expected.

I for one am not going to boo the guy.    But people want him to get his shot so he doesn't end up costing the Bills games with protocol issues(at the very least).     Beas is a hard head but if you don't think external pressure works on even the numbest of skulls then ask Andrew Wiggins.   

• Vomit 1

Love Beasley.   I am more on his side than not when it comes to his politics.  However, if he fails to see how ironic it is that he takes such a hard stance one way or the other, than he has some growing up to do.    That said, while the booing is absolutely ignorant, he wasnt tweeting about it when he went 11 for 98 at home last week.

Long story short, I'll be surprised if this isnt his last year with the team.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If people truly are boo'ing him... that's an awful look for our fanbase.  

The 'best fans in football" don't boo one of their own simply because they disagree with a stance they've taken, and/or how vocal they are about it.  

it is what it is.  

he made a big deal of his Choice 

• Eyeroll 1

Beasley called out the entire fan base.  Not the individuals that apparently were making fun of him behind the bench.  That is inexcusable.  The vast majority of fans have cheered for him, bought his merchandise or jerseys, and spent their hard earned money to support the team he plays for.  Beasley needs to shut the hell up and stop this adolescent twitter crap.  He is an embarrassment to the team at this point.  

This should get him suspended by the team.  "I thought bills fans were the best in the world? Where’d they go?"  What kind of whiny child posts garbage like that in response to a few fans jawing with them? 

* I purchased a Beasley "Yes He's Open" shirt last season.  It has been benched.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree.  It is the system that will make the Slot player.  Plug and Play.  As long as the Slot runs good routes they will be successful in this system.  That is the reality.  

Disagree.  McKenzie is the obvious choice to replace Beasley in the slot long term, but we become a different offense.  

McKenzie is more dynamic but nowhere near as reliable in the chain mover underneath routes.  Cole runs those, with an eye for the first down marker, as good as anyone in the league.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Probably getting sick of beeing booed during intro's and everytime they say his name over the PA system. I'm kinda starting to feel bad for the guy. The boo's when he comes out of the tunnel during intro's are brutally loud. Fans are horrible. When he makes a catch, the fans cheer. Once they announce who caught it, the fans then boo. It's ridiculous. Someone near me said are you sure they are chanting "COOOLE". I'm like, there is no way that makes any sense. You can't make "Cole" sound like a low "ooooooo" sound.

Beasley never gets booed 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

As soon as he makes a catch, Beeeeeez is what I hear sitting in section 228.  Fans do not wait for the PA to announce his name, they know it as it happens.  Now maybe there is some crap directed his way during the game as he is on the sidelines and within earshot, but it's on him if he either can't or doesn't realize he needs to distinguish the difference between the two.  Many of those willing to overlook his mixed politics/vaccine stance (the majority, imo) are not likely to appreciate being wrongly accused.  I bet his tweet will get some national run.

Exactly I know people who go regularly to the games and Cole never gets booed 

Just now, SCBills said:

Disagree.  McKenzie is the obvious choice to replace Beasley in the slot long term, but we become a different offense.  

McKenzie is more dynamic but nowhere near as reliable in the chain mover underneath routes.  Cole runs those, with an eye for the first down marker, as good as anyone in the league.  

So would any Slot worth his salt.  Davis also will be fine in the Slot, Good Route Runner, Solid Hands, Bigger Body.  

Diggs

Knox

Davis

Sanders

This offence doesnt take a step back.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly he does not look as explosive this year; coupled with the emergence of Knox and the reliability of Sanders, he's being phased out of the game plan some weeks.

The bigger question is, where's Gabe Davis?

Is he still really healthy yet?

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly he does not look as explosive this year; coupled with the emergence of Knox and the reliability of Sanders, he's being phased out of the game plan some weeks.

The bigger question is, where's Gabe Davis?

Some weeks.  But other weeks he is still a very valuable part of the offense.   He is one of the top five slot wideouts in the league still.  

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Are they booing? You don't get a sense of that on TV at all.

He was one of my two favorite Bills last year. This year I can't bring myself to cheer for the guy. I don't think I would boo, but I'm not happy when he catches the ball the way I am with the others.

I hope so. I also hope he's off the team next year. And I don't like myself for saying that. 

Why the sudden change? What caused you not to like him?