What was up with Beasley today?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh and the Other gets into the calling out the Fan Base Mantra.  YAY..... 

You are so far off base it isn't funny.  Pointing out hypocrisy is not calling out a fanbase. It's calling out certain individuals.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t necessarily even disagree with you.  But for me, I want to win more than I want to be right about some controversial topic.  So I’d rather have no distractions on game day for one of our best players or any other teammates.  He’s not even the only one not vaxxed on the team, so I’d prefer to leave it for off the field.  

But that’s just my 2 cents 

Then he probably should have done what he said he was going to do "out of respect for his teammates" and STAYED OFF TWITTER

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why should Cole care, the 70,000 at the stadium were all rubes who fell for the COVID-19 propaganda and are vaccinated.  

His people were all watching on TV......😜

unless they have skirted the issue somehow by a false vax card. im sure it has occurred I'd be shocked no vax shenanigans occur.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t necessarily even disagree with you.  But for me, I want to win more than I want to be right about some controversial topic.  So I’d rather have no distractions on game day for one of our best players or any other teammates.  He’s not even the only one not vaxxed on the team, so I’d prefer to leave it for off the field.  

But that’s just my 2 cents 

I'm on both sides here.  

I want Beasley to shut up about this AND I also think this is one of the more shameful things I've ever read about our fanbase.  ....mainly because I have such high expectations for our fanbase.  If there was ever a group of fans that I didn't expect to be boo'ing/trash talking their own guy, it would be ours.   But sadly in the world we live in, some people can't even separate their views from rooting on their own player. 

A player who played on a broken leg for them last year in the playoffs.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

You are so far off base it isn't funny.  Pointing out hypocrisy is not calling out a fanbase. It's calling out certain individuals.

Go read "Mr I am off Twitter's Tweet.  "I thought bills fans were the best in the world? Where’d they go?"  Yeah NOT the Fanbase

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Absolutley.  They need to get him to just shut up about it, he’s said his piece already, no value in continuing to say all this crap on social media, he’s not changing anyones mind and no one is changing his.  

Yep, and that’s ok with me. Now he’s saying people are booing him and then asking for autographs. Can he prove it’s the same people ? Did people really have him sign something, and then talk trash ? This has nothing to do with the vaccine imo, this is just Cole needing to chill, and not be a victim that is such a popular role these days. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I'm on both sides here.  

I want Beasley to shut up about this AND I also think this is one of the more shameful things I've ever read about our fanbase.  ....mainly because I have such high expectations for our fanbase.  If there was ever a group of fans that I didn't expect to be loud enough in boo'ing/trash talking to catch a players attention, it would be ours, but sadly in the world we live in - some people can't even separate their views from rooting for their own player.  A player who played on a broken leg for them last year in the playoffs.  

Ever think MAYBE it never happened?????  Obviously Cole is not a man of his word

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Nobody I know who was at the game heard booing. But perhaps there was some, scattered here and there. Maybe some right near Beasley. That and people yelling at him to get vaxxed lead him to believe it was more widespread. I'm still not sure this is any reason to tweet out an insult to the fan base. 

But it is only a distraction if it is a distraction to the TEAM, not the fanbase. So far, the team has done an excellent job of shutting out this nonsense. I hope it can continue.

Here's the Profootballtalk take:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/04/cole-beasley-complains-that-bills-fans-are-yelling-at-him-to-get-vaccinated/

It’s mostly in his head. Both him and Mongo love the Twitter victim role. That’s the bigger issue than personal choice at this point. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Nobody I know who was at the game heard booing. But perhaps there was some, scattered here and there. Maybe some right near Beasley. That and people yelling at him to get vaxxed lead him to believe it was more widespread. I'm still not sure this is any reason to tweet out an insult to the fan base. 

But it is only a distraction if it is a distraction to the TEAM, not the fanbase. So far, the team has done an excellent job of shutting out this nonsense. I hope it can continue.

Here's the Profootballtalk take:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/04/cole-beasley-complains-that-bills-fans-are-yelling-at-him-to-get-vaccinated/

Well written article actually and spot on.   Very stupid for him to bring this crap back up heading into the biggest game and test of the season.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Ever think MAYBE it never happened?????  Obviously Cole is not a man of his word

I think he's blowing this out of proportion, as many fans - probably most, were actually cheering him.  But it seems to be verified by many at the games that quite a few, enough to certainly get his attention, were also boo'ing and trash talking him.  

Just now, SirAndrew said:

It’s mostly in his head. Him and Mongo love the Twitter victim role. 

Yup.  And by my untrained eye the Bills played pretty well yesterday with Mongo on the bench and Boos getting his 2/16.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Go read "Mr I am off Twitter's Tweet.  "I thought bills fans were the best in the world? Where’d they go?"  Yeah NOT the Fanbase

You get bent out of shape over a big nothing burger. You are the one taking everything out of context. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I think he's blowing this out of proportion, as many fans - probably most, were actually cheering him.  But it seems to be verified by many at the games that quite a few, enough to certainly get his attention, were also boo'ing and trash talking him.  

Maybe I mean yeah 10-100 out of 60K man do we really want that fragile of an EGO?

1 minute ago, Beast said:

You get bent out of shape over a big nothing burger. You are the one taking everything out of context. 

Well Come two weeks I will ENSURE he hears me booing him.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1

You know, the funny thing about all of this is that Beasley could believe anything he wanted and if he didn't have to blab about it on instatwit or whatever nobody would know but him.

Let's ban social media for players and children and adults, and everyone in between.

it's the real jerk here.