What was up with Beasley today?

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

To be honest, McDermott looks like he is grimacing in almost every answer he gives. I didn't really see too much difference in that response as opposed to others. We all know he is a no nonsense coach who does not like distractions. I agree he is probably not happy about it and I'm sure he has already spoken to Beasley. I think McDermott is the kind of guy who likes to deal with things directly and promptly. But, IMHO, I also think this is not as big of an issue as some want to make it out to be.

Considering the last time McD talked to him about this very same subject, He swore off twitter until the end of the season. 

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

To be honest, McDermott looks like he is grimacing in almost every answer he gives. I didn't really see too much difference in that response as opposed to others. We all know he is a no nonsense coach who does not like distractions. I agree he is probably not happy about it and I'm sure he has already spoken to Beasley. I think McDermott is the kind of guy who likes to deal with things directly and promptly. But, IMHO, I also think this is not as big of an issue as some want to make it out to be.

End thread. 

It's not a big issue. It's not a distraction. I mean seriously, do you think they are thinking about during practice, of course not! Sure it might come up in media/interviews, but come on. The latest tweet(s) about the fans is not going to impact the team. 

Maybe I'm missing something, perhaps film review this week, is just reading and analyzing Cole's twitter account? Hopefully, they can squeeze in some time to watch KC? But I dont know... 

Im super concerned!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Considering the last time McD talked to him about this very same subject, He swore off twitter until the end of the season. 

Yep, he did. We'll see what happens from here. I'm still of the opinion that it is not as big of an issue to most fans and the team as you want to make it out to be. Just my opinion. As I said, we'll see.

• Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That's a fair take.  I watch most of McD's press conferences and I see a difference, but of course that's entirely subjective.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yep, he did. We'll see what happens from here. I'm still of the opinion that it is not as big of an issue to most fans and the team as you want to make it out to be. Just my opinion. As I said, we'll see.

I think you are right about it not being as big of an issue to most fans and the team.     

It only becomes more of an issue if Beasley starts running his fingers or running his mouth in public again.      And it could also be an issue if the booing at the stadium gains momentum (probably won't happen) to the point where it affects the attitudes of the rest of the players.    Worst case (again unlikely) is that it could cause some other emotional players to want to "take sides" thereby becoming pissed off at Beasley (locker room issues) or mad at the fans.

This is why the whole thing is an immense fubar by Beasley.   No upside.   Only potential downside for him and the rest of the team.

Red Forman would call him a jackass.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Agreed that there is no upside.

The focus is on winning a Super Bowl. Let's not divide the fanbase and locker room arguing over the vaccine or who booed who or if they booed. 

This could 100% cause divisions in the locker room if it becomes a bigger story. 

If it gets blown up in the media and fanbase people are going to naturally take sides. Some will feel the need to stand up for Cole vs. "the fans" 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Me thinks he wants out. Too many options and his feelings get hurt.

His true self us showing. Dallas puts up with a great deal, but they didn't want him. 

What us the trade deadline? Week 8?

What week can Bills release him for most advantage?

He gave us legitimacy, but don't let the door hit you....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

I'd be shocked if this happened, and we don't throw slants so I doubt it.  Kidding... kind of.

While this would be an exciting move, I'd only trade for Thomas if McD knows he won't be an issue.  Y'all can get mad at Cole for his Twitter takes, but he's a good teammate.  Michael Thomas, not so sure. 

Sooo…Beasley isn’t presenting an issue to McDermott, teammates with his Tweets???

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Are there any salary cap implications if the Bills released Beasley? Asking for a friend 😉

I wonder if Beasley think the Earth is flat?

Gerrit Cole sucks!!

Completely idiotic comment. Just trolling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Agreed that there is no upside.

The focus is on winning a Super Bowl. Let's not divide the fanbase and locker room arguing over the vaccine or who booed who or if they booed. 

This could 100% cause divisions in the locker room if it becomes a bigger story. 

If it gets blown up in the media and fanbase people are going to naturally take sides. Some will feel the need to stand up for Cole vs. "the fans" 

Well, that’s kinda what these people want. Not only does he want to make his uninformed choice, he wants to force people to respect that uninformed choice, then retreats to his fallback victimhood and cries on the internet when it doesn’t go well.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2