9/26/21 Bills vs. WTF Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As critical as I was of Daboll, Allen and the offense last week, I am that much more effusive in my praise of them this week. Just a masterful, surgical performance from start to finish. 

Teams have to respect the run because we actually have a RB in the backfield.

Daboll seems to have finally divorced himself from his empty set obsession and provided the balance and play-action out of 11 personnel that Allen needed to slow down the pass rush and attack lighter nickel and dime packages.

Seems they spent more time game planning how to attack WFT from out of their 11 personnel than they did against Miami. Although I think Miami has a better secondary than WFT and that prob played into our pass offense stalling in Miami more than just failing to scheme guys open.

Williams is still leaking pressure, but with Dawkins playing lights-out on his left Allen just needs to keep one eye on William's rusher to side-step that rush and he was able to often escape to the right that he is most comfortable with in his scramble drill.

• Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Trolls with sketch names I have never seen on TBD were out in full force after one loss and did not want to take any time to dig into the whys. Just a lot of he sucks, they suck, season over nonsense.

Oh there are definitely a few with lengthy post histories and non-sketch names that almost seem incentivized to be constant pessimists every single week. They were at it again early in the first half...

got to love domination like this that just shuts all of them up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

If anyone thinks Gabe is going to find holes in zones, and get there faster than Manny, they're crazy.  I'm just happy to have Gabe's size when we need it, cuz we're honestly pretty damn small(and have been since we were too big) at WR

I agree.  Just answering the question.  People think he can grow into a solid number 2 though.  He still can but Sanders is the better option at this point.

54 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well now, THAT’s what the Doctor ordered! Defense stellar for the 3rd straight week and Josh Allen thinking he’s playing like there’s no fans in the stands. Result: Azzwhoppin’ on the team with no name!

Fantastic! 

Steelers 1-2! How the H. E. Double L did we lose that game?

Discuss.

Blocked punt

Watt healthy 

7 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

@OldTimer1960interested in your thoughts, after you accepted defeat with a 21-14 lead…

That’s just a weird take…I can get on bored with someone being worried but I wasn’t even concerned. Can’t win a game with lucky screens and “trick” plays….not that early. That kickoff reeked of desperation. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

It might be the beer wearing off but I still genuinely do not know what happened on that kickoff. Weird bounce to be sure but how did we not know that's a live ball?

Short high Kick and the kicker instead of being the last guy covering ran down to recover it.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

It might be the beer wearing off but I still genuinely do not know what happened on that kickoff. Weird bounce to be sure but how did we not know that's a live ball?

Oh, I think he knew; it's just that the bounce was so weird, he couldn't catch up to it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

That should get the “Josh gets too hyped up” Crowd to quiet down some

or else #17 needed to calm the heck down and pay HIS game at home BOOM today was it we are all Thrilled Oh Yeahhhhhhh

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

78 points for over the last 2 weeks…let that sink in for a minute…isn’t that like 2 seasons worth of points during the best of Jauron-ball? :w00t:

But the wide nine looked like a smiley face emoji on film

1 hour ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

Week 1 is a dirty liar

I can deal with a slow start as long as it comes with a strong finish! 

I’ve worn the tee shirt I caught at halftime of the opener for the last two games. UNDEFEATED! I’ll decide on whether to wash it depending upon future game events. I’ll stink it out until the end of the season, if called for! You have been warned! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I can deal with a slow start as long as it comes with a strong finish! 

I’ve worn the tee shirt I caught at the opener for the last two games. UNDEFEATED! I’ll decide on whether to wash it depending upon future game events. I’ll stink it out until the end of the season, if called for! You have been warned! 

14 games is a long time to carry confidence.  There will be hills and valleys

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Josh Allen still not his best today in front of fans. I can't believe you people are still arguing that it's not an issue.

I almost just tossed you over the side before I read the rest. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

78 points for over the last 2 weeks…let that sink in for a minute…isn’t that like 2 seasons worth of points during the best of Jauron-ball? :w00t:

I know right???

I remember years where our offense averaged under 20 pts. The obsession with style points over solid team wins - just dumb.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

I still want to know who the Zack from Saved By The Bell lookalike was on the sideline in street clothes next to Allen they kept showing

I'm still amazed at how good of shape Rob Ryan is in sitting next to Daboll.  Even cleaned his look up a little.  

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

14 games is a long time to carry confidence.  There will be hills and valleys

The first valley and this Bills tee goes into the washing machine! My wife might be praying for a valley in a few weeks! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Josh will rightfully be the focus here for the week, but Matt Milano.. what an absolute stud 3 weeks in a row. 

I saw on twitter that Milano is the number ranked lb in the league. Don't know the source or validity. All I know is the dude is a f....ing stud. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

So Josh Allen doesn’t suck? Glad we finally solved that one. 

They were only maybe on if they should be concerned.  Take it easy on them.  I just wish they'd realize Frank Reich isn't an option anymore anyways.

1 minute ago, Stads said:

I'm listening to the post-game show on WGR. They just replayed Murph's call of the first Sanders TD. He really didn't sound that enthused 

Murph thinks his opinion matters.  That's now how you do play by play.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Stads said:

I'm listening to the post-game show on WGR. They just replayed Murph's call of the first Sanders TD. He really didn't sound that enthused 

If this is the only complaint we have about Bills games going forward then I'm all for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Teams have to respect the run because we actually have a RB in the backfield.

Daboll seems to have finally divorced himself from his empty set obsession and provided the balance and play-action out of 11 personnel that Allen needed to slow down the pass rush and attack lighter nickel and dime packages.

Seems they spent more time game planning how to attack WFT from out of their 11 personnel than they did against Miami. Although I think Miami has a better secondary than WFT and that prob played into our pass offense stalling in Miami more than just failing to scheme guys open.

Williams is still leaking pressure, but with Dawkins playing lights-out on his left Allen just needs to keep one eye on William's rusher to side-step that rush and he was able to often escape to the right that he is most comfortable with in his scramble drill.

Nice post. I really like how the Bills mixed in the run, used motion, better formations, quick screen like passes to Beasley, and moved Allen around. To me, it's a winning formula. The run threat prevent a teams from teeing off on Allen. 

• Agree 1

Watching Carr throw and his exaggerated release and passes hang like punts. Just amazed that he does not get picked off more and the difference in velocity and arc is just that much more pronounced having watched Allen for the past few years.

You kind of lose perspective of just how quick Allen's release is and how strong his arm is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Remember when half the board was convinced Josh Allen was back to 2019 form because of the crowds?  Well that narrative is dead.  

Fantastic game for Allen.

Somebody on here started a thread about if Allen sucked this week that he sucked and would forever, LOL !!

• Haha (+1) 2

The Redskins had about 3 exciting minutes there. Defense continues to look dominant. 

The takeaway on offense is having that third receiver in synch with the offense is huge. Sanders looks like a huge improvement over Brown here. Knox also played very well as did Moss.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I feel bad for the Wind today... Josh Allen cut that ***** up so bad, I don't think it will survive another Sunday of "Oh no the wind might be a factor"

And the wind cries, "Joshy"

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1