9/26/21 Bills vs. WTF Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Why do people still call in and say long time listener first time caller? Also why do they take calls at all?? Most are drunk and have nothing relevant to bring to the conversation. Rather just listen to the announcers, the coach, players and guest talkers.

I was a phone into radio caller here in san diego XTRA 690 and it made me want to not sound like a girl I wanted to be the knowledgable football fangirl... so for mw it helped me have game and confidence to post here at 2BD also.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 5

Regarding Chandler's initial point of discussion, I think it illustrates the risk of giving key starters too little playing time in preseason.  Everyone was worried about Josh Allen regressing, but maybe it was just rust.  I think it is also true that Buffalo has tended to struggle with defensive lines that are big, tough, and most of all physical.  Pittsburgh, in my opinion, is one of the more physical defensive lines in the league.  They like to beat up on offensive lines if they can.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LanderPoke said:

No joke. I could not believe all the bull ***** I was reading last week. And from his supposed “fans”

Laramie Wyo in da House! Greetings and welcome aboard the Bills #17 train GO BILLS!~!~!~!! errr Lander thats a TEENY town but I know it.Either way. Lots of reasonable fans can't judge off of a few posts matey.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stads said:

I'm listening to the post-game show on WGR. They just replayed Murph's call of the first Sanders TD. He really didn't sound that enthused 

Haha the one from last week when Moss scored was probably the most matter of fact TD fall for a home team I've ever heard...

It was like he was the Dolphins announcer 

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Although I live in Colo Springs, I'm from Rawlins.

I love me some colo spgs dont get me started. cried when we left. not for long though LOL ...no seriously I lived in cragmoor 1982-1988

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

I feel bad for the Wind today... Josh Allen cut that ***** up so bad, I don't think it will survive another Sunday of "Oh no the wind might be a factor"

I have never seen a QB play that well and put up those kind of numbers on a wind game at Rich Stadium.  Can anyone remember a game with this kind of wind and a QB throwing for those kind of stats?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

The Steelers are clearly one of the worst teams in the league and Carr has 300 yards vs the Dolphins with 14 min left in the 4Q. 

For those saying Allen struggled because we played top defenses. We played two garbage teams and people were reaching for excuses. Allen's struggles were real. So I am REALLY happy to see him get back on track.

Hopefully he keeps it up because if he does we are a top 3 team in the league and probably the best team in the AFC. 

its a matchup league. just bc team a and team b have a result. team c and team b. team a and team c doesnt mean anything

• Agree 3

Just now, Process said:

The Steelers are clearly one of the worst teams in the league and Carr has 300 yards vs the Dolphins with 14 min left in the 4Q. 

For those saying Allen struggled because we played top defenses. We played two garbage teams and people were reaching for excuses. Allen's struggles were real. So I am REALLY happy to see him get back on track.

Hopefully he keeps it up because if he does we are a top 3 team in the league and probably the best team in the AFC. 

Steelers had a healthy defense when we played and have since been decimated by injury just fyi 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

Washington isn't that good either. Nevertheless, I am just gonna enjoy this win and great offensive performance. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is just great to see. As was Josh greeting Young in the tunnel before they ran out today. The respect these players have for each other around the league is genuine. I think there’s a lesson there for all of us. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Process said:

It's a week to week league.  The reality is that the gap between the garbage teams and the greats isn't as big as fans make it out to be. 

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is just great to see. As was Josh greeting Young in the tunnel before they ran out today. The respect these players have for each other around the league is genuine. I think there’s a lesson there for all of us. 

Saw Allen after the game looking up Logan Thomas, hopefully they got a chance to catch up.

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

Daboll seems to have finally divorced himself from his empty set obsession and provided the balance and play-action out of 11 personnel that Allen needed to slow down the pass rush and attack lighter nickel and dime packages.

At some point an announcer was praising Daboll for his masterful play calling, saying he mixed it up, kept the defense guessing, got Josh into a rhythm, etc. I was thinking the same thing during the game, and when he said it, my first thought was, "Yeah - where was that guy in Week 1?"

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Process said:

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Steelers had a healthy defense when we played and have since been decimated by injury just fyi 

Stop living on week 1.........

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Although talented, I feel like their rush was rather predictable. Unlike Pittsburgh's mastery of the zone blitz bringing linebackers, safeties, and corners from various positions behind the line to overload protections while dropping d-linemen to cover those zones WFT seems to rely more on the athleticism of their front 4 than trying to confuse protections.

They did have one well-timed safety blitz from the slot, but Allen's quick release on a slant basically negated it. At one point in the 2nd half they desperately tried bringing 5 on the rush and playing more man, but Allen saw so much of that his first 2 years that he ate that up on our long drive. Knew he was in their head at that point.

I think the real problem is that Allen had to hold the ball longer vs Pittsburgh. It seemed like WRs were open immediately against these soft WFT zones.