Miami barely beat New England.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

Patriots fans are over the moon about Mac. From what I could see just on the internet, it seemed like he was just making 7 yard passes all day. Which is fine, but much more game manager than QB threat to worry about.

I saw the whole thing; I thought Mac had a great game for his first ever start.  

He was distributing the ball all over to like 8 receivers, using the TEs, got a TD, no turnovers...

He's an immediate upgrade over Cam.

Is he the long term solution at QB for NE?  Probably not, but he's not bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He was distributing the ball all over to like 8 receivers, using the TEs, got a TD, no turnovers...

I'm good w/ "not bad."   I feel like we had that a few times over the years.

As long as he's not the next Brady, or anywhere near it.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

MIA would have lost today but once again like often last year got lucky on TOs. 

waddle is going to be a playmaker in this league sooner than later. 

please try to Man up on us again 3rd time will not be your charm. 

New England fumbling changed the momentum and it shifted towards Miami’s way

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

Patriots fans are over the moon about Mac. From what I could see just on the internet, it seemed like he was just making 7 yard passes all day. Which is fine, but much more game manager than QB threat to worry about.

making the 'easy' plays over and over with few mistakes is a good way to win games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

I saw a bit of it. Also tried to catch some of the Cincy-Vikes game to see Burrow.

Mac was a lot like Burrow. Remains to be determined if either of them can do more than master the short game. But still ... a lot of rookie QBs never master the short game and never have the chance to show they can also make the big play. So I'm officially (sort of) worried that the Pats may have hit on something ...

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

We shall see.

I definitely like him over Tua.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami’s offense looks worse than last year and their defense looks like it’s regressed. I don’t think Josh and company are gonna have a hard time with Miami. But I’m glad to see New England lose at home week 1. 

Don’t you know ....Josh and the coaching staff stink! O-17 BABY

3 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Idk man. I watched that game. Mac did what was asked of him. But he made some great throws too.

I really hate to say this because I despise the Patriots. But I think they've got a potential perennial Pro Bowl QB.

We shall see.

Idk he played against a very one dimensional/vanilla defense. Gotta see him play against a better defense

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Idk he played against a very one dimensional/vanilla defense. Gotta see him play against a better defense

I wouldn't describe Flores's defense as vanilla. It is, however, fundamentally the same scheme he has gone against in practice in New England. So that would have helped.

18 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

making the 'easy' plays over and over with few mistakes is a good way to win games. 

It's only easy until teams decide they're shutting down the short to intermediate stuff, and make you beat them deep. Crazy how people forget that considering we had 10-15 qbs during the drought stuck in the same mold. You don't have to be a deep ball team, but if they don't have to respect it, they wont and an NFL defense will always eat up a team like that

• Vomit 1

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami’s offense looks worse than last year and their defense looks like it’s regressed. I don’t think Josh and company are gonna have a hard time with Miami. But I’m glad to see New England lose at home week 1. 

I'm not picking anymore Bills wins this season. I made that mistake for todays game and look how that turned out. I'm just a pure jinx so to anybody who sees me picking against the Bills, Don't get to mad at me. 

59 minutes ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

No he was pretty good, more than just short passes. Belicheck has built a wall in front of him and he has two good tight ends. He is totally set up to succeed. I wish Beane would build a line like that for Josh, he would be unstoppable.

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

Yes, and he actually looked great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Miami may have barely won but they still won.  Bills didn't.  If today taught us anything, it's that we shouldn't be too over confident about any game this year.

People are silly on this board. Respect the opponent.  Miami and Flores will be laser focused to beat Buffalo (who they’ve been embarrassed by and defeated by several times in a row.  i’m expecting a real battle in this one 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

People are silly on this board. Respect the opponent.  Miami and Flores will be laser focused to beat Buffalo (who they’ve been embarrassed by and defeated by several times in a row.  i’m expecting a real battle in this one 

I agree with respecting the opponent.  But at the end of the day, it’s all about matchups.  IMO Steelers defense were a bad matchup for the Bills.  I think Miami is more favorable but nothing is certain for sure 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we're sleeping on how much strain a mobile qb puts on a defense...mac could be a significantly more accurate passer and still a downgrade...not saying this is true as it's way too early to tell just that it's possible 

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think this whole this team makes us sad so we're gonna try way harder to beat them is not a real thing 🤣 shouldn't our team be just as hungry for a win after blowing our home opener? 

24 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Fans on this site just got carried away,  we have a top QB which is very important in this league.  Beyond Diggs & White this team does not have any elite difference makers.  I think the huge missing piece is having an explosive 3 down back because Singletary is not starter material for a Super bowl contending team.  The fact is the Bills wanted to replace him before the trade deadline and tried to sign Le’Veon Bell.  

Yes he made a few good runs but I still don't think he commands any respect

2 hours ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

Wow. Didn't the Bills just lose to 7 yard passes all day while our QB was missing wide open guys down the field or pressing it into double coverage?  I will take dink and dunk and safe all day long. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t even wanna hear about how one team looks so bad we should be able to beat them or whatever our team just needs to go out and execute

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wow. Didn't the Bills just lose to 7 yard passes all day while our QB was missing wide open guys down the field or pressing it into double coverage?  I will take dink and dunk and safe all day long. 

That is not an accurate description of what Josh did today there were a lot of drop passes today and plays that were brought back on holds

I wouldn’t give Josh an a for this game more like a C but he was not our biggest problem

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

I thought he played really well.

Very accurate. Good decisions.

Looked like a 10 year pro out there

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I saw a bit of it. Also tried to catch some of the Cincy-Vikes game to see Burrow.

Mac was a lot like Burrow. Remains to be determined if either of them can do more than master the short game. But still ... a lot of rookie QBs never master the short game and never have the chance to show they can also make the big play. So I'm officially (sort of) worried that the Pats may have hit on something ...

The Patriots don’t really have a deep ball threat.  He followed the game plan today very well, the game was loss by fumbles. If this was week 9 I’d be worried but week 1 I’m happy see Jones looked good and we had a good running game… a vast improvement over last year.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t even wanna hear about how one team looks so bad we should be able to beat them or whatever our team just needs to go out and execute

That is not an accurate description of what Josh did today there were a lot of drop passes today and plays that were brought back on holds

I wouldn’t give Josh an a for this game more like a C but he was not our biggest problem

Oh I agree he was not the biggest issue. I was just responding to the notion that 7 yard completions are somehow a bad thing?

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Oh I agree he was not the biggest issue. I was just responding to the notion that 7 yard completions are somehow a bad thing?

I 100% did not say that. I said they were fine - but to me, they indicate more about the coaching & scheme than they do about the QB.

I saw enough in Mac today to be a bit worried, but not nearly enough to be terrified.

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

D at best. Too many stupid decisions. Too many wildly inaccurate passes. Two years ago that was a C performance.  Now? No way.

A couple of those stupid decisions were blown calls to be fair... that 4th and 8 bomb should have been a free play the later play where he thought he had too many men on the field on a first down play was a little closer 

41 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Fans on this site just got carried away,  we have a top QB which is very important in this league.  Beyond Diggs & White this team does not have any elite difference makers.  I think the huge missing piece is having an explosive 3 down back because Singletary is not starter material for a Super bowl contending team.  The fact is the Bills wanted to replace him before the trade deadline and tried to sign Le’Veon Bell.  

Yes he made a few good runs but I still don't think he commands any respect

No respect for Cole beasley huh lol those guys that can settle in the gaps of zone defense are the unsung heroes of an offense and we struggled a bit when he was playing on one leg in the playoffs 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think we're sleeping on how much strain a mobile qb puts on a defense...mac could be a significantly more accurate passer and still a downgrade...not saying this is true as it's way too early to tell just that it's possible 

I think this whole this team makes us sad so we're gonna try way harder to beat them is not a real thing 🤣 shouldn't our team be just as hungry for a win after blowing our home opener? 

How much strain is a QB who is Mobile if his accuracy is below 60%? I think QB mobility is being overly expressed because any true winner QB is a passer first and Mobile second like say Mahomes and unlike Jackson (so far) if I had choose between mobility and accuracy I’ll take accuracy.

FYI Brady at 44 still seems out a lot of pressure on D’s and he can’t run a lick.

30 minutes ago, Success said:

I 100% did not say that. I said they were fine - but to me, they indicate more about the coaching & scheme than they do about the QB.

I saw enough in Mac today to be a bit worried, but not nearly enough to be terrified.

He executed the game plan. In season one MOST QBs I would think are just following the game plan.  Mac did a lot more than I was expecting, because I expected a lot more running than what we got.  This was a lot more the old Patriot offense than what we saw last year.  Hell Jones 1st start was better than ALL of Cams starts minus the game against the Seahawks. 

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

How much strain is a QB who is Mobile if his accuracy is below 60%? I think QB mobility is being overly expressed because any true winner QB is a passer first and Mobile second like say Mahomes and unlike Jackson (so far) if I had choose between mobility and accuracy I’ll take accuracy.

FYI Brady at 44 still seems out a lot of pressure on D’s and he can’t run a lick.

He executed the game plan. In season one MOST QBs I would think are just following the game plan.  Mac did a lot more than I was expecting, because I expected a lot more running than what we got.  This was a lot more the old Patriot offense than what we saw last year.  Hell Jones 1st start was better than ALL of Cams starts minus the game against the Seahawks. 

Got a feeling the AFC East is gonna be a lot tighter race than most of us thought...

• Agree 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Haha you could be right it's too early to tell anything about any team.  Seems like there's a lot more good defensive linemen are coming into the league than offensive linemen so more and more teams with pocket passers are struggling.  Brady is an absolute freak of nature at diagnosing the plays so he totally can't be used as evidence 🤣

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

Got a feeling the AFC East is gonna be a lot tighter race than most of us thought...

Idk where everyone was getting these super lofty expectations from as far as regular season record goes...the division is def gonna be tighter and that was reflected in our season wins over/under total.  

4 hours ago, State Rt. 21 N. said:

I'm not picking anymore Bills wins this season. I made that mistake for todays game and look how that turned out. I'm just a pure jinx so to anybody who sees me picking against the Bills, Don't get to mad at me. 

I wore the lucky sweatshirt I wore all last year starting after the Hail Murray loss.  It had a great winning streak but is 0-2 in its last two games.  Out it goes.

• Haha (+1) 1