Ravens are snakebit

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I missed that part. So I’ll apologize to Ethan if that’s why he tossed the race part into it. I actually thought it stood for most valuable back 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’ve never seen anyone say MVB though 

Just a typo on my part. B next to V on iPhone 7 in my mail truck typing quickly and didn’t catch it.

Understandable if it was misconstrued  The Racist thing surprised me. Not my intention or style.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Christ sake I'm so sick of posts like this.. Jackson has a career passer rating of 102.6 and it was 99.4 last year during a supposed "down year". He has a nearly 4:1 career TD to INT ratio.  So is your post ignorant, racist or both? 

Holy cow!!! Step away from the keyboard!

No one doubts Lamar's ability to win lots of games in the regular season with his legs and dump off passes to his TEs and RBs.  But the fact remains that in 37 career regular season starts, he's averaged a little over 150 passing yards/game.  Admittedly, that jumps to around 195 yards/game if you remove the stats from his rookie season.  Still, that is an absurdly low passing yardage total in today's modern game.  So analysts and fans have been right to question if such an approach can remain effective for the long term and against better teams in the playoffs.  So far, Lamar has failed his playoff tests (1-3 win/loss record, 3 TDs to 5 INTs, and a passer rating of 68.3....pee-ew).  Until he performs in the playoffs and takes his team to the Super Bowl (because of him, not in spite of him), he's going to continue to have his doubters.  It has nothing to do with his race.  Just as the doubts about Josh's accuracy had nothing to do with his race.  Or the same for Jake Locker.  Or Taysom Hill.  Or Tebow.  Etc.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You may not know, that Ralph Wilson had a "Cleveland Browns Day" at our stadium, every season after the Browns, left for Baltimore.

Ralph also hired the Baltimore Colts Marching Band, for the halftime show @ 'The Ralph', every time that the Indy Colts came to town. (When they were still in our division)

I honestly didn't know that.  I respected Ralph for voting no to the move.  He and the Rooneys were the only ones to do so.  I hate Pittsburgh but will always respect the Rooneys solely for that.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Crazy!  My Lamar Jackson FF selection is looking better with each passing practice.

All his receivers minus Andrews are hurt, and he has no one else to run the ball. If he is the entire run game, he'll be on IR with them in no time.

53 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You may not know, that Ralph Wilson had a "Cleveland Browns Day" at our stadium, every season after the Browns, left for Baltimore.

Ralph also hired the Baltimore Colts Marching Band, for the halftime show @ 'The Ralph', every time that the Indy Colts came to town. (When they were still in our division)

There was also a "Dog Pound" there for their fans.

I knew a Browns backers group president who said he will always be a Bills fan due to that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah he can hit the seam route to Andrews and flick the ball one yard to the end zone while defense fears he will run it in.  What else?

Lead his team to the playoffs three years in a row and have similar stats to Russel Wilson's first three years.   And that is with Greg Roman as his OC who has a very interesting track record of getting guys to play well early but being unable to develop a true NFL high level passing attack. 

Ravens upgraded their WR unit.  And has been pointed out, more of the offense will need to flwo through Jackson.  Interesting to see how it turns out.  

Also agree with others, Ravens are not my concern. Cleveland and KC are the obvious threats and I worry more about up and coming Chargers than I do the Ravens and Colts.  

• Like (+1) 1

I was really patting myself on the back last Sunday for that Gus Edwards pick, woo boy.

All for the greater good though. I would still take Lamar over Baker, currently. May eat those words when Cleveland walks with the division but don't hate the Ravens facing an uphill battle.

Now hoping that Big Ben catches fire during the regular season for one last charge, steals the division against a floundering Baker, and then takes another 4 interception faceplant out of the first round as his closing number.

Edited by Nelius

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I knocked the Ravens down from division winner to 5rh seed after the Dobbins injury. If Edwards is done for the year I am not sure they are a playoff team. It is touch and go.

Agree.  They have a tough schedule on paper.  Easily could miss the playoffs.  Their division games will all be tough and if any team can go 4-2 in the division they have a good shot of winning it.  I doubt anyone sweeps the AFC North. 

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree.  They have a tough schedule on paper.  Easily could miss the playoffs.  Their division games will all be tough and if any team can go 4-2 in the division they have a good shot of winning it.  I doubt anyone sweeps the AFC North. 

Ravens like Titans ignored rules last year and because they got away with it I think they will do it again and it will cost them.

13 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I hate to think this, but are the “football gods” looking down at the Bills?

image.thumb.jpeg.ff920fc21b2adb48b24b17246230b147.jpeg

Well, anointed as a god by some...🤔

As for obtaining a replacement RB from the Texans, the Ravens will have to be careful they don't throw Watson into a duffel bag and sneak him in as part of the deal.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

47 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ff920fc21b2adb48b24b17246230b147.jpeg

Well, anointed as a god by some...🤔

As for obtaining a replacement RB from the Texans, the Ravens will have to be careful they don't throw Watson into a duffel bag and sneak him in as part of the deal.

We are supposed not to judge even if Billicheat replaced Charlie Jones in Super Bowl LIII.

12 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Its all good ;)

Lamar will lead a devastating passing attack by learning to throw outside the hashes to WR's. ;)

Lamar will emulate my brother's side yard football games as a kid, when he would fade back, loft a pass, then run underneath it to make the reception. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:15 PM, Logic said:

All the people saying it's Le'Veon Bell time must not have seen Ty'son Williams run in the preseason. I have a feeling he'll be the lead back -- and a breakout star -- for the Ravens this season.

Then again, I could just be saying that because I roster Ty'son Williams in all three of my fantasy leagues.

This is aging well!

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

I could see them going 8-9 or 7-10 this season. Looking more and more like a lost year, although Harbaugh is a fantastic coach and might able to pull a rabbit out of his hat. It's just too many injuries, though.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I could see them going 8-9 or 7-10 this season. Looking more and more like a lost year, although Harbaugh is a fantastic coach and might able to pull a rabbit out of his hat. It's just too many injuries, though.

The least they could do is rough up the Chiefs on Sunday, old-school Ravens style.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Wow just looked at their OT depth and it's almost non-existent.  Villanueva no doubt moves to LT and they really got no one to fill

in at RT other than Andre Smith who is on the PS.  That's the old CIN OT.  Depth chart does show Mekari but he is mainly been an IOL guy.

Andre Smith hasn't played a full game since September of 2019, opted out last year and is pushing 35.  Those are the only 2 left OT on the team!

Looks like it's bargain basement time for DeCosta.