Goodbye to Marcel Louis-Jacques, Hello Alaina Getzenberg

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's a bummer. He was a HUGE step up from Rodak, and actually provided insight and information.

OMG yes. Rodak's clear New England homerism made it even more painful being the Patriot's punching bag.

MLJ did a solid job and I think was starting to 'buy into the team' and provide some decent reporting

• Like (+1) 1

Yea was a huge upgrade on Rodak. I think in the zoom only pressers of 2020 he was regularly the guy that stood out with the thoughtful question. Unfortunately at ESPN you don't get the chance to develop your ideas in your writing in a lot of depth so I hope if he is staying in the business he is going somewhere where they will allow him a better platform to do that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

a good, positive, dude. beyond the football jock talk which he did well, he embraced the 716, it was mutually beneficial and he will be missed, hard for someone to come in just before the opener and hit the ground running....best to marcel and thanks for feeding us barnyard animals and being one of us...

• Like (+1) 2

He did a nice job. I was never a Rodak fan, but I think Marcel Louis-Jacques got a much better deal during his time here. It’s more enjoyable to cover a relevant franchise. Any reporter during the drought years was going to incur the wrath of fans, anytime they wrote the truth. There were a lot of Bills fans who didn’t want to hear the truth during those dark years. Give that job to a Pats fan, and you’ve got a recipe for failure. I will say that Louis-Jacques was far more engaged and a more detailed writer than Rodak. He was a huge step up, but I think we’re likely to appreciate our reporters if we keep winning regardless. 

• Like (+1) 2

Selfishly it’s a shame to hear, I liked his work and he really seemed to enjoy his time here in and around the community. However I’m happy for him if he finds something more to his heart to do. Either way just hoping it’s another solid hire to replace him and not a step back to the likes of Rodak

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea was a huge upgrade on Rodak. I think in the zoom only pressers of 2020 he was regularly the guy that stood out with the thoughtful question. Unfortunately at ESPN you don't get the chance to develop your ideas in your writing in a lot of depth so I hope if he is staying in the business he is going somewhere where they will allow him a better platform to do that. 

I can’t imagine any young up and comer in that industry wanting to go to the sinking ESPN ship

• Agree 1

MLJ was a good press guy,  I hope for his sake they don’t send him to cover the Raiders…,