Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

No one is more overrated than Flores. He has mismanaged the QB room to the likes of the other Billy Boy protege, Bill O’Brien 

I’m starting to agree with this take…

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

No one is more overrated than Flores. He has mismanaged the QB room to the likes of the other Billy Boy protege, Bill O’Brien 

How did he mismange the QB room? Will it matter if Tua is good this year?

• Eyeroll 1

57 minutes ago, boater said:

Either:

1. Miami trades and savages their next few drafts for an average QB with heavy baggage;

or

2. Miami fails to make the trade and is stuck with average Tua.

It's a win win no matter what happens.

Average QB? Don't go that homer. Nobody should want him in the division. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

58 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Not to mention Miami had everything to play for against mostly our backups in that last game and they got their arses whooped. Way to get your team ready.

Edited by NobesBLO13

19 minutes ago, zevo said:

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Sooooo...Miami either just gave up the farm for a guy who might be going to jail, or nothing happened.  Well, nothing happened except Tua just had a solid camp and pre-season but his coaches couldn't care less.  I hate the Watson move (assuming he actually goes to Miami and plays), but I couldn't be happier about how Miami is mismanaging their players.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

So they would be trading away three first rounders and two second rounders a year after using the fifth overall pick on a quarterback?  LOL!

They only have one 1st next year… so they wouldn’t have a 1st then until 2024 

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Per my sources Will Parkinson still pees the bed.

Hold up, he went to Cortland! Like as in SUNY?

33 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Sooooo...Miami either just gave up the farm for a guy who might be going to jail, or nothing happened.  Well, nothing happened except Tua just had a solid camp and pre-season but his coaches couldn't care less.  I hate the Watson move (assuming he actually goes to Miami and plays), but I couldn't be happier about how Miami is mismanaging their players.

I keep reading on Twitter that the trade was finalized and would be announced either tomorrow or on Monday

If this trade goes down, it could end up making the Dolphins franchise the biggest laughing stock in the history of all of football. Flores trying so hard to be BB lite that he's willing to trade the farm for a guy who could be standing up in front of a judge awaiting sentencing before his first year. This isn't to say I think Tua is anything special, guy has a good outing against a team who for all I know wouldn't have done any better with their first string defense in the Falcons and gets crazy hyped. That being said tho, I believe Flores knows what he has now isn't good enough to remotely keep up with the Bills

Not really worried about this at all.  Who released the speculation - it was not a normal insider - it was some more random guy.  That suggests to me that 1 team wants this info out there and I doubt it is Miami - as they have to be getting ready to play with Tua for the year.

Miami to me least wants info like this out in the news - they are trying to improve and have a fragile QB ego already - They only want this info at the moment the trade is complete.  Anything earlier - like this - only weakens the teams trust in leadership and gives people in Miami time to organize against the move.

The real benefit to this article is Houston (most likely source of the “leak”) - my guess is some teams - like Philly and maybe Carolina have reached out again with weak offers - something like their starter (Hurts or Darnold) and a 1st for Watson and they are trying to rebuild the momentum they had for multiple 1st round picks.  

The leak also gives the league a chance to step in - as I truly believe the league recognizes that Watson will not play in Houston and Houston is not trading him - therefore he is sitting out right now without being a league issue.  The league has said they won’t suspend him yet, but if Watson is traded to a team that will play him - my guess is the uproar will cause the NFL to exempt him and I think the leak was hoping to get some info out.

I think a lesser trade goes through - Philly would not surprise me - for a pick and a young QB and maybe another player and then Watson gets exempted before he plays - if the league even allows the trade - and then gets suspended and it is 2023-2024 before the guy is back if he ever gets back and doesn’t end up in jail like he seems to belong.

16 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Wow. Giving up on a first round QB quickly. The league is changing in that regard. 

You’re TD, but AZ did it with Rosen.  We’ll see as I would think teams would slow down once the FBI entered the story.  They usually don’t investigate unless they know they can get a conviction.  Two unnamed GM’s told Pat Kirwan (that’s what he’s saying, but he’s pretty credible) they would engage in a trade even if they knew he would be suspended for the 2021 season.

Whats interesting to me is the hearing isn’t until February, so does the league put him on the exempt list as he is a distraction, and already is refusing to play.  That might be Goodell’s smart move (I know it’s a disciplinary committee, but he has influence) as he doesn’t want distractions as we enter the season.  They are trying to recuperate 2020 revenue.

I don’t think any of us want the Fins to get him as if he was allowed to play, accepted a trade there, and not suspended would make the East very different.  I’m not concerned at all with Cam, Mac, Z. Wilson, or Tua.  Miami has a solid team, and with a Watson on their team, I’m not assuming 2 wins against them as I am now.

I read on some news site that Texans are team that leaked the info that Dolphins are front runners. They could be front runners but also could be because they are only team in discussion at this point. No team is trading much for a dude who likely will not play for at least one whole season if not gone forever.

• Like (+1) 1

Joe Schad is the reporter covering the Dolphins for the Palm Beach post, previously worked for ESPN

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I read on some news site that Texans are team that leaked the info that Dolphins are front runners. They could be front runners but also could be because they are only team in discussion at this point. No team is trading much for a dude who likely will not play for at least one whole season if not gone forever.

One would think, but if I could conditionally buy a house that might or might be liveable for the next 2 years and you let me make the conditions protective enough of my interests, I might go for it - if it was a much bigger and nicer house than the one I'm currently living in

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Joe Schad is the reporter covering the Dolphins for the Palm Beach post, previously worked for ESPN

One would think, but if I could conditionally buy a house that might or might be liveable for the next 2 years and you let me make the conditions protective enough of my interests, I might go for it - if it was a much bigger and nicer house than the one I'm currently living in

You make a good argument but the report is so different. But seeing as my point is the report is crap your response is more likely than the actual report.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I went over to FinHeaven for some cheap laughs to see what they were saying about Watson. No one is talking about him over there, just a whole lot of drooling over Tua…. I was still entertained. :lol:

There's a 36 page thread on Watson rumors over there..... it just got moved so Tua wouldn't see it.

https://finheaven.com/threads/miami-still-entertaining-a-trade-for-watson.367769/

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The dolphins couldn’t stop Allen even before he was good.

Yeah during top 100 show when they got to Allen Minkah Fitzpatrick was one of the people talking about him saying he'd taken a big leap this year and I was confused as to how he could even tell the difference.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's a 36 page thread on Watson rumors over there..... it just got moved so Tua wouldn't see it.

https://finheaven.com/threads/miami-still-entertaining-a-trade-for-watson.367769/

I have nothing to verify the veracity of this, but from their page this morning comes this by poster MiaFins31 (relatively new to their board) - It's an interesting read, but a 3:03 AM conversation could be full of liquid induced imagination; nonetheless, it's entertaining:

Today at 4:03 AM

Ok so I talked to a good friend about an hour ago that is a scout for a team that was/is involved in the DW4 trade talks.. Take this for what it’s worth...

Miami absolutely wants DW4. Flo and Grier have never been sold on Tua. Stephen Ross made that call when we drafted him. I’ve been told this numerous times. Ross had wanted Tua ever since he threw the pass against Georgia to win the title. That was 100% Ross pulling rank on Flo/Grier. When the boss says you’re going to draft this guy then you do it if you want to keep your job. Ross has started to come around on what Flo/Grier an others in the FO have been telling him and that’s Tua is an average QB. Flo/Grier absolutely don’t believe he can beat Buffalo or KC. According to my guy Flo/Grier believe that Miami is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now but that’s our ceiling with Tua. Also other teams around the league believe Miami is ready to challenge for a Super Bowl RIGHT NOW at every other position. The key words being RIGHT NOW. Flo/Grier and others in the FO believe that adding DW4 is the missing piece to beating Buffalo and KC.

They want DW4 bad but here’s the hold up. Houston doesn’t want to budge off the 3 1s and 2 2s. However DW4 has informed Houston he will sign off on a trade to Miami or Carolina. That report is 100% true but Carolina isn’t willing to pay the price bc they believe if they pay it they become Houston East. A team with an elite QB and nothing else around him and no future to add with no premium picks. Miami is the only team left at the table and Miami WILL NOT give up 3 1s and 2 2s because we ain’t going to bid against only ourselves. We are willing to give 2 1s 2 2s and 3. However Houston believes these will be low picks bc they think SF is absolutely a playoff team now and in the future and obviously if we add DW4 they believe we are Super Bowl contenders this year. So for Houston they see what Miami wants to give as late 20s 1st rounders. However the belief is Houston will eventually budge in the coming days because they have no other options.

I was also told everybody in the league knows Houston screwed up horribly by not trading him when he first wanted out back in the spring. 5 teams would have been willing to pay what Houston wanted but they truly believed they could talk DW4 into staying with a fresh start but obviously that was never the case. They thought DW4 was bluffing about sitting out but as they’ve seen he wasn’t.

Now for the biggest piece of the puzzle.. the sexual allegations. The BELIEF around the league is that DW4 is innocent of everything except being stupid by putting himself in this situation. The NFL investigators BELIEVE this is nothing more than a money grab by ALL these women as they’ve talked to the ones that were willing to talk and the stories just made no sense. This is an exact quote... “Everybody around the league knows this is just a money grab... Why do you think he hasn’t been suspended or even put on the exempt list? All this bad PR an people really believe that the NFL is still gathering facts lol... DW4 wants to clear his name but most around the league are guessing he’ll end up writing a check and that’ll settle everything.”

Miami has also been clear that if/when this trade happens anything we give to Houston will absolutely have protections on it JUST IN CASE something unforseen were to happen. Houston has told Miami they would be ok with this. Again the hold up is the compensation itself.

I asked him what do you believe will happen. This is another exact quote... “Barring a breakdown at the last minute DeShaun Watson will be the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins at some point this season. Miami is expecting a 2-4 game suspension for DW4 from the NFL just for “optics” so Tua would be the insurance to get them through those few games until DW4 returns.”

Last I asked what is Tuas fate in all this.. “If this trade works out the way Miami wants Tua will be traded in the offseason”.

I asked what is Tuas value around the league.. “If Tua did have to step in for DW4 for 2-4 games an he plays well Miami could MAYBE get a late 1st in return but as of today his value is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Everybody has seen the tapes on him and they know he lacks real arm strength and the “IT” factor... It’s no secret that Miami doesn’t believe in him so that hurts his value somewhat”

Everybody please take this for what it’s worth. Don’t get upset at me if it’s wrong or off base somewhat or whatever. This is what I was told by a guy I’ve known since we were kids and the guy is a 8 year scout in the league. For the record he was right on the money at draft time about Waddle and he also told me 2 weeks before the draft Justin Fields would land in Chicago. He’s been right much more often than he is wrong. Once again this is the NFL and things can happen in a split second that change everything. However I have no reason to doubt my guy.

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I won’t quote the post right above me that is a a load of made up garbage. You don’t suspend a guy for 2 to 4 games for “optics” when it is a sex allegation. He’s either innocent or guilty when it comes to that. it is full of information that has been speculated about since the beginning. Carolina believes if they pay that price they’ll become “Houston East”? That quote alone is BS. Who would even say something like that within acarolina’s organization and how would some Miami guy know that?

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I have nothing to verify the veracity of this, but from their page this morning comes this by poster MiaFins31 (relatively new to their board) - It's an interesting read, but a 3:03 AM conversation could be full of liquid induced imagination; nonetheless, it's entertaining:

Today at 4:03 AM

Ok so I talked to a good friend about an hour ago that is a scout for a team that was/is involved in the DW4 trade talks.. Take this for what it’s worth...

Miami absolutely wants DW4. Flo and Grier have never been sold on Tua. Stephen Ross made that call when we drafted him. I’ve been told this numerous times. Ross had wanted Tua ever since he threw the pass against Georgia to win the title. That was 100% Ross pulling rank on Flo/Grier. When the boss says you’re going to draft this guy then you do it if you want to keep your job. Ross has started to come around on what Flo/Grier an others in the FO have been telling him and that’s Tua is an average QB. Flo/Grier absolutely don’t believe he can beat Buffalo or KC. According to my guy Flo/Grier believe that Miami is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now but that’s our ceiling with Tua. Also other teams around the league believe Miami is ready to challenge for a Super Bowl RIGHT NOW at every other position. The key words being RIGHT NOW. Flo/Grier and others in the FO believe that adding DW4 is the missing piece to beating Buffalo and KC.

They want DW4 bad but here’s the hold up. Houston doesn’t want to budge off the 3 1s and 2 2s. However DW4 has informed Houston he will sign off on a trade to Miami or Carolina. That report is 100% true but Carolina isn’t willing to pay the price bc they believe if they pay it they become Houston East. A team with an elite QB and nothing else around him and no future to add with no premium picks. Miami is the only team left at the table and Miami WILL NOT give up 3 1s and 2 2s because we ain’t going to bid against only ourselves. We are willing to give 2 1s 2 2s and 3. However Houston believes these will be low picks bc they think SF is absolutely a playoff team now and in the future and obviously if we add DW4 they believe we are Super Bowl contenders this year. So for Houston they see what Miami wants to give as late 20s 1st rounders. However the belief is Houston will eventually budge in the coming days because they have no other options.

I was also told everybody in the league knows Houston screwed up horribly by not trading him when he first wanted out back in the spring. 5 teams would have been willing to pay what Houston wanted but they truly believed they could talk DW4 into staying with a fresh start but obviously that was never the case. They thought DW4 was bluffing about sitting out but as they’ve seen he wasn’t.

Now for the biggest piece of the puzzle.. the sexual allegations. The BELIEF around the league is that DW4 is innocent of everything except being stupid by putting himself in this situation. The NFL investigators BELIEVE this is nothing more than a money grab by ALL these women as they’ve talked to the ones that were willing to talk and the stories just made no sense. This is an exact quote... “Everybody around the league knows this is just a money grab... Why do you think he hasn’t been suspended or even put on the exempt list? All this bad PR an people really believe that the NFL is still gathering facts lol... DW4 wants to clear his name but most around the league are guessing he’ll end up writing a check and that’ll settle everything.”

Miami has also been clear that if/when this trade happens anything we give to Houston will absolutely have protections on it JUST IN CASE something unforseen were to happen. Houston has told Miami they would be ok with this. Again the hold up is the compensation itself.

I asked him what do you believe will happen. This is another exact quote... “Barring a breakdown at the last minute DeShaun Watson will be the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins at some point this season. Miami is expecting a 2-4 game suspension for DW4 from the NFL just for “optics” so Tua would be the insurance to get them through those few games until DW4 returns.”

Last I asked what is Tuas fate in all this.. “If this trade works out the way Miami wants Tua will be traded in the offseason”.

I asked what is Tuas value around the league.. “If Tua did have to step in for DW4 for 2-4 games an he plays well Miami could MAYBE get a late 1st in return but as of today his value is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Everybody has seen the tapes on him and they know he lacks real arm strength and the “IT” factor... It’s no secret that Miami doesn’t believe in him so that hurts his value somewhat”

Everybody please take this for what it’s worth. Don’t get upset at me if it’s wrong or off base somewhat or whatever. This is what I was told by a guy I’ve known since we were kids and the guy is a 8 year scout in the league. For the record he was right on the money at draft time about Waddle and he also told me 2 weeks before the draft Justin Fields would land in Chicago. He’s been right much more often than he is wrong. Once again this is the NFL and things can happen in a split second that change everything. However I have no reason to doubt my guy.

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

The story that Ross ordered Grier to draft Tua bodes poorly for Miami, if true.  It actually would explain a lot of what happened last year…I just can’t see this trade happening until there is a resolution of the allegations that is at least somewhat favorable for DW, like him writing a check, all criminal allegations going away, and the league handing out a 2-4 game suspension. I just don’t think that’s the way it ends. If it was, it would already have happened.

Edited by mannc

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

The story that Ross ordered Grier to draft Tua bodes poorly for Miami, if true.  It actually would explain a lot of what happened last year…I just can’t see this trade happening until there is a resolution of the allegations that is at least somewhat favorable for DW, like him writing a check, all criminal allegations going away, and the league handing out a 2-4 game suspension. I just don’t think that’s the way it ends. If it was, it would already have happened.

The thing is as I have said all along the potential prize is so big - a top 5 or 6 Quarterback still in his mid 20s - that teams are willing to at least countenance taking the risk. I have said all along that teams would still be interested.