PostGame Thread Bills @ Bears

If ya can’t be on the beach, this is second best way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Dominating performance all around. Some positions became clearer today and I think a couple younuns’ made the team. Need info on a couple injuries -dammit!🤬

Post your thoughts.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

I know it was preseason, but we were able to run the ball early and we got pressure on the QB all day long. Those were the two things I had hoped the most to see. 

I’d only add our run defense was great as well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

With so much good in this game in the important part of the game (the 1st half), the bad really sticks out. And I really only have 4 bads:

1) Kumerow's 2 drops. It's really just one drop in my eyes because that first one his left arm was held, but he coulda caught that. 2nd drop was brutal. Still think he's firmly on the roster, but maybe this opens a window for the other TC darling in Lenoir. He DEFINITELY started making up for the drops with that impressive sideline catch and toe drag.

2) Knox dropped another ball. That plus Hollister looks  really good might help flip the starting TE sooner rather than later.

3) Epenesa just plain whiffed on a tackle he should have made. Obviously the sack late in the half was a good way to start to make up for it. And yes, he played pretty well otherwise.

4) McKenzie muffed a punt. He’s an absolute roster lock, though. You can tell especially based on how much they went in his direction after that play on offense... maybe just showing confidence in him. And you can see why he's pretty much a roster lock with what he does on offense.

Some might point to Siran Neal on that TD from Dalton, but that was pretty solid coverage, just a great catch essentially off Neal's helmet. Thought Neal had a pretty solid first half.

On the positive side it's looking like Gilliam has found a spot on this team. Defense has some serious depth. Wildgoose played pretty well. Obviously Mitch played great and I feel good if Josh misses a game or 2.

Oh... and Singletary looks like a different player. He’s RB1 at this point for sure.

It'd be nice if some of our WRs don't get picked up after cutdowns and we can stash them on the PS.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I know it was preseason, but we were able to run the ball early and we got pressure on the QB all day long. Those were the two things I had hoped the most to see. 

Interior line is still bothering me. Gilliam got stuffed and had to bounce his TD outside, Singletary got stuffed on the 2pt conversion, Moss got stuffed later on on a short yardage but got carried for the 1st down by the defender.

Just now, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

38d6a88dbcc8367b4b3c4ff3646973c9.jpg

Glad she brought her flotation devices. Safety first.

• Haha (+1) 11

Some really interesting decisions to come. Tons of depth on this team that could play significant roles for other teams. Stevenson’s injury may make him IR eligible for redshirt getting us to 6 WRs and making that decision easier. Same with Hodgins. 

DE may be harder. Ideally Basham goes but we all know they aren’t cutting a 2nd rounder. I’m thinking Obada or Johnson gets traded at some point 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aaronthebaron said:

Hollister has some wheels, Trubisky was excellent. Some excellent D lineman are gonna get cut. Anyone else catch Zimmer chase down the receiver on the bubble screen?

Another average showing by Brieda, other than the almost touchdown. 

Brieda looks like you have to use him to his specific strengths, struggles outside that.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills are a deep well coached football team. The depth is growing. This is how you build sustainable success. It was so weird listening to the Bears talk about how teams are going to raid this roster, especially WR. WR was such a weakness just a few years ago. 

nice to see long held weaknesses becoming strengths :)

Just now, Mango said:

“It was actually kind of slow to me” - Justin Fields, talking about NFL game speed.

”9/19, 80 yards, 2 sacks” -Justin Fields against the Bills 3rd and 4th string defense.

Is that a quote from today or last week?

Very Tua-esque...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

That was a really impressive showing. Preseason or not, anytime your backups can go out and DOMINATE another teams starters you have a lot to look forward to. Mitch showed some skills in a good offensive scheme (shots fired at you Nagy) 

Rousseau shouldn’t even play the last game and go into bubble wrap. I think we will see a lot of our cuts on other teams 53 opening day. Let’s just skip Green Bay and go to week 1. 

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Is that a quote from today or last week?

Very Tua-esque...

Last week. Just a dumb thing to say after a pre season game. He may very well turn out to be a stud. But I’m glad he was less than great today after that. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Some really interesting decisions to come. Tons of depth on this team that could play significant roles for other teams. Stevenson’s injury may make him IR eligible for redshirt getting us to 6 WRs and making that decision easier. Same with Hodgins. 

DE may be harder. Ideally Basham goes but we all know they aren’t cutting a 2nd rounder. I’m thinking Obada or Johnson gets traded at some point 

you want a 2nd rounder who had a great game today cut? At least one sack, many pressures and a blocked kick. Guessing you’re joking?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I was focused on the Bills oline. The starting 5 was Dawkins, Feliciano, Bates, Ford, and Brown.  Brown played a few series at RT and moved over to LT.  Doyle came in at RT for Brown.  Hart came in later and was called for holding on a play.  Looks like Hart was dropped down the depth chart.

Both Morse and Darryl Williams sat out this game.  Boettger played both LG and RG.  

Looks like Bills are leaning towards 9 OL.  Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Ford, Williams, Boettger, Brown, Doyle, and Bates.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't usually watch preseason games much past the 1st half, but this game was exiting enough to keep me watching to the end.

Bills are going to have some tough cuts.

Loved Epeneza bullrush and stiff arm on the LT, and hit on Dalton. (Made me jump out ofmy chair)Our DL looks much improved from last year.

A lot of our cuts will be signed elsewhere

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

nice to see long held weaknesses becoming strengths :)

Can’t fix everything, but it would be nice if we could turn the longest held weakness in nfl history into a strength.   Bill starting tight end.  Knox with another drop.  No one is surprised.  I really like hollister as a pass catcher, but he’s more WR than TE imo.  Hopefully he can improve as a blocker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2