8/21 Preseason Gameday Thread Bills @ Bears 1pm Eastern

26 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Not sure about anyone else, but on these pregame shows last year, I can’t tell the difference between Nate Geary or Joe DiBiase. I think they do a solid job, but they sound the exact same to me. 

It’s funny you say that as I’ve always thought the same.  The other Dibiase sounds less like his brother than Nate.  I’m about to turn on now as the round table is starting With Sal, Eric, and I think Steve.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be at the game. Looking forward to seeing the squad live (even though mostly backups). Anything you want me to watch for specifically? Josh’s every move on the sideline in a bucket hat? 

Pick a DL MVP after the game!

Go Bills!

Also a OL MVP.....  : )

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It will be nice to watch our guys win there battles play after play, it will be especially nice to watch MT break open a fresh can of whoop Azs on his former coach, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

That is not the style of the Bills.  Stay Humble ! Stay Hungry !  Go Bills !   The most important thing is to come out of the game with no injuries

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be at the game. Looking forward to seeing the squad live (even though mostly backups). Anything you want me to watch for specifically? Josh’s every move on the sideline in a bucket hat? 

Have fun!

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Man there are TONS of Trubisky jerseys walking around here…

Interesting. Perhaps the hate from Bears fans over Trubisky is exaggerated?

3 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Serious question:  How many men must the Bills cut after this game and when must they cut them?

I don’t think they are required to cut any more players until after the 3rd preseason game on the date when they need to get to the initial 53

EDIT: August 31st at 4:00pm they must be at 53. Until then, they can be at 80 players. I imagine you’ll start to hear some trickle in throughout the next two weeks until a large number are cut  day or two before the 31st

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Serious question:  How many men must the Bills cut after this game and when must they cut them?

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t think they are required to cut any more players until after the 3rd preseason game on the date when they need to get to the initial 53

There is roster cut down to 80 players next Tuesday the 24th.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Ive become more interested in preseason this year. Not sure if it's because I like the crop of new guys and wanna see how they do or because I don't have to see the starters actually show a bit of life to have any hope for the regular. Either way I'm kind of excited for em this year, and I like it

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I want to see Webb not get flustered under the pressure of a rush. While his overall rating last week was solid, he had I think several plays where he pretty much just panicked and did not throw a good ball. One was even called for intentional grounding. Those are the things he needs to clean up if he wants to make a case for #2. I don't see us keeping 3 QB's on the roster so practice squad would be his next best bet. I do like him over Fromm because of the similar skill set that Webb shares with Allen and Turbitzky. 

Fromm should be a guy we can easily keep on a practice squad I would think. But not sure we would devote two spots for QB's on the practice squad.

The intentional grounding was on the RB not Webb.  The screen was read and destroyed and the RB decided to break his route and start downfield.  Webb threw the ball purposely into the ground right where the RB should have been.

I actually thought he stayed composed for his first real action against a different team in years.  I think it is obvious he does not have Josh’s or Mitch’s talent level, but it sounds like he is a great guy and someone they all like and he is smart - so I still see him as a valuable PS player.

• Haha (+1) 1

Predictions for today...

Trubisky will throw 4 - 1st quarter TD passes

At halftime the Bills will trade Trubisky back to the Bears for Khalil Mack

Bass kicks two 50+ yd FGs

Bills win 41 - 9

One Bills player who would've been a PS player, will go on IR after the game.

• Haha (+1) 1