Add One Player Theoretical, To Put us Over The Top

If you could add any one currently active player from the NFL to the 2021 Bills team to try an put us over the top who would it be?

I debated another #1 Corner, in Jaire Alexander across from Tre, but settled on Aaron Donald.  Our DEs look pretty good, and a nasty inside pass rusher like Darnold would be a nightmare for opposing Coordinators.  Itd also allow our corners to play more aggressive knowing QBs going to have less time. Im bored and seemed like a fun debate, who do you all got?

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Isn't Aaron Donald considered by some to be THE best overall football player in the game today?

Yep. He is. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Make it more fun. One player that would fit our cap. 

Gets harder. My pick is CB Jaire Alexander based on cap space. 

Still Nick Bosa. He is on a rookie deal.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Patrick Mahomes as our backup quarterback.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Can I add Mahomes as Allen's backup just so the Chiefs don't have him?

Doh!

Great minds think alike.

And so do ours......

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If you could add any one currently active player from the NFL to the 2021 Bills team to try an put us over the top who would it be?

I debated another #1 Corner, in Jaire Alexander across from Tre, but settled on Aaron Donald.  Our DEs look pretty good, and a nasty inside pass rusher like Darnold would be a nightmare for opposing Coordinators.  Itd also allow our corners to play more aggressive knowing QBs going to have less time. Im bored and seemed like a fun debate, who do you all got?

On offense, 1. Wyatt Teller, 2. Derrick Henry

We need a mauling guard and/or a powerful back to bring balance to the offense.

On defense, 1. Linval Joseph or Brandon Williams 2. Khalil Mack

This is not to piss on Donald, who may be the best 3-tech DT ever. Only reason Donald is not there is because we have Ed Oliver. What we need to free Oliver is a stout (330 lbs stout) one-tech 4-3 DT who can thrive in McD’s system. Hence the non glamorous suggestions of Joseph or Williams. MACK NEEDS NO EXPLANATION.

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Patrick Mahomes as our backup quarterback.

Brilliant. That is outa the box thinking!! Weaken the opposition.

I think I’d target Kamara. Little more durable than CMC so far imo and I think a better receiver overall. 

To fit under the cap… Brian Burns. Carolina connect.. Performed quite good on some not so good defenses. Not sure he’s peaked yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

Chase Young

This^^^

He's got the potential to be the best player in the game.  I think as of right now, Donald is the best player, but I think Chase Young may be even better than him a couple years from now.

For offense, it would have to be Derrick Henry, without question.

Edited by ProcessYaDigg

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think I’d target Kamara. Little more durable than CMC so far imo and I think a better receiver overall. 

To fit under the cap… Brian Burns. Carolina connect.. Performed quite good on some not so good defenses. Not sure he’s peaked yet. 

Yep if he has to fit under the cap Burns would be my pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The kinda question every GM with a franchise QB locked up forever asks (or shd ask). Nice

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Thank you (+1) 1