How many people don't like Allen's new deal?

mjd1001

How do you feel about the contract extension to Allen.  

419 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the extension

• Love it. Bills got a great deal, this will ensure the team is great for a long time.
    • I'm "Okay" with it I guess. Wish it was a bit lower of a deal, or they waited another year though.
    • Hate it. Even with the way it is structured, the Bills will regret giving him this extension.

This thread might not go anywhere, but in light of most of people I have talked to loving the deal, does anyone not like it?

Either when they heard about the deal it just didn't seem right?

Or maybe they think it is a bad deall all around for the Bills?

I'm just curious as to the actual percentage of fans that may not be on board with it, because since yesterday, it seems to me like 95% + love it.

I know we have a huge thread on this, but I was hoping to see the results of a poll, a 'quick look' at responses as an alternative to spending hours reading through the tread and mentally tallying the opinion.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

So what you're asking us is...does anyone wish the Pegulas saved their money and Nathan Peterman was still our QB? 🤔😂

Not exactly.

Personally I am fine with it, because I think he isn't the highest paid guy in the league, and he is likely to be passed by a few more guys by the time the deal is done, and I like him as a QB.

However, I can see people out there thinking "he did it only for one year" or " there is a chance this could be a Wentz/Goff type situation" and I still here a few people (not many, but a few) thinking his success is a result of a perfect storm of the right coach and right surrounding cast.  I just thought a poll would be good to see where everyone lands on there, some people may not think it is a good deal and don't want to make a direct post about it because they don't want to be attacked by the vast majority of us who do think it is a good deal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Jets, Fins, and Pats* fans hate it.

Bills fans should be thrilled with it.

I have a few Pats fans still as friends (I lived quite a few years near Boston) and already got 2 text from them....they are trying to justify among themselves how this is a terrible deal for the Bills, that they overpaid for a QB that will be the 2nd or 3rd best in the division 2 years from now..etc, etc.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I have a few Pats fans still as friends (I lived quite a few years near Boston) and already got 2 text from them....they are trying to justify among themselves how this is a terrible deal for the Bills, that they overpaid for a QB that will be the 2nd or 3rd best in the division 2 years from now..etc, etc.

In other words, they hate it but they won't admit it.

• Agree 2

The price tag was only going to continue to go up, especially at the QB position. In the long run this will be a discount. We have a bonafide Franchise QB who will cement himself as an NFL superstar this year with another great season. This was the right deal, at the right time, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

In other words, they hate it but they won't admit it.

I think Pats fans are still in the area where they think their team can do little wrong and any bad season is just a blip.  Kinda like Yankee fans were in the early 2000s or even Bills fans were in the middle 1990s.

The friends from there (and co-workers, we have an office in Foxboro), really REALLY think last year was a result of covid and the pats deciding to reload.  Many of them think it is a given they are going to be 12-4 or 13-3 this year...that they drafted the right guy at QB and that they will be playing in the superbowl 5 times in the next decade.   Seriously, a lot of them actually THINK that there is just something different about the Patriots that no matter what, they are and will be the best franchise forever.

• Haha (+1) 1

Fantastic contract it’s just the reality of having a superstar at the most important position. Stafford got it, Dak got it, Lamar and Baker will be paid.  I think Josh’s ceiling will eclipse all of these players. 

Thankfully  we got a wizard  Gm who in a  has made a lot of great decisions ( not always but most of the time)

But to have a core of Milano, Dawkins, Tre , Diggs , Josh all here long term is a testament to their vision. All of these pieces are some the most important makeup of a football team at their respective positions. 

The last piece of their vision is now to take that next and final step of winning a Championship  with this core.

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

Fine by me. We had to beat out LamaRB and Baker to their deals before they could set the market. He said he wanted a team-friendly deal too and it sounds like we won't be too hamstrung by the money to end up with a Rogers/Brees situation where they can't afford anyone else. 

Hate it. Even with the way it is structured, the Bills will regret giving him this extension.

Josh will turn into another fat rich kid

image.png.db49d3d67a17af939ad7db1c27a83112.png

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I think Pats fans are still in the area where they think their team can do little wrong and any bad season is just a blip.  Kinda like Yankee fans were in the early 2000s or even Bills fans were in the middle 1990s.

The friends from there (and co-workers, we have an office in Foxboro), really REALLY think last year was a result of covid and the pats deciding to reload.  Many of them think it is a given they are going to be 12-4 or 13-3 this year...that they drafted the right guy at QB and that they will be playing in the superbowl 5 times in the next decade.   Seriously, a lot of them actually THINK that there is just something different about the Patriots that no matter what, they are and will be the best franchise forever.

Stupid Patriots fans don't even know how many games are in a season...

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Stupid Patriots fans don't even know how many games are in a season...

His contract situation will be fluid going forward. They will restructure his deal, quite possibly, on an annual basis to create more cap room and kick the hits down the road.  When Josh retires in 2045, we’ll have a poison pill waiting for us and we will suck for a year or two because of it.  But that’s fine, because restructuring him every season and kicking the money down the line will allow us to add more talent to surround him with…..which will lead to several super bowl wins.  When you have a potentially all time great QB, you have to risk the future to win now at some point.  In our case, the future will be when Josh’s career is over.  

• Agree 1

I don't even want to vote, just out of fear of seeing the results.

If you think Josh should've taken less money, you're crazy. Even if he's the 2nd highest paid QB in the league, it would've cost us even more next year. If we had to pay him even more than Mahomes despite having less accolades, you still do it. We haven't had a franchise QB in decades... you pay what you have to when you get one!

Had his contract been $46 million a year, I'd still be happy. Just knowing you're not looking for a QB year in & year out is a relief in itself.

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

His contract situation will be fluid going forward. They will restructure his deal, quite possibly, on an annual basis to create more cap room and kick the hits down the road.  When Josh retires in 2045, we’ll have a poison pill waiting for us and we will suck for a year or two because of it.  But that’s fine, because restructuring him every season and kicking the money down the line will allow us to add more talent to surround him with…..which will lead to several super bowl wins.  When you have a potentially all time great QB, you have to risk the future to win now at some point.  In our case, the future will be when Josh’s career is over.  

With the cap going north of $300 million within 5 years due to new TV contracts and revenue, this will be a bargain.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

This thread might not go anywhere, but in light of most of people I have talked to loving the deal, does anyone not like it?

Either when they heard about the deal it just didn't seem right?

Or maybe they think it is a bad deall all around for the Bills?

I'm just curious as to the actual percentage of fans that may not be on board with it, because since yesterday, it seems to me like 95% + love it.

I know we have a huge thread on this, but I was hoping to see the results of a poll, a 'quick look' at responses as an alternative to spending hours reading through the tread and mentally tallying the opinion.

You should of made this public - so we can all see which non-fan voted No.

Crazy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

not me. Why would I care how much he makes?

It's not that we care how much he makes, it's that we want to have enough cap space to field a competitive team. Mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

With the cap going north of $300 million within 5 years due to new TV contracts and revenue, this will be a bargain.  

yeah, it’ll be a bargain if he gets better.  If he plays like he did in the AFCCG, it’ll be a debacle

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1