How many people don't like Allen's new deal?

mjd1001

How do you feel about the contract extension to Allen.  

419 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the extension

• Love it. Bills got a great deal, this will ensure the team is great for a long time.
    • I'm "Okay" with it I guess. Wish it was a bit lower of a deal, or they waited another year though.
    • Hate it. Even with the way it is structured, the Bills will regret giving him this extension.

8 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

If Allen was legit wouldn't he have played better in the playoffs against Baltimore and KC?

Watching him play 2 bad back to back playoffs games is what gives me some doubts about him. 

He put up a 5-1 TD/INT ratio and an 61% completion percentage, on his way to the Conference Finals.

I don't think you're trolling necessarily, I just think you're recycling contrarian talking points that were debunked a season ago.

Actually, maybe you are trolling considering you've moved the posts and are now arguing if he's even "legit". Alright I'm out.

Edited by Nelius

53 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

If Allen was legit wouldn't he have played better in the playoffs against Baltimore and KC?

Watching him play 2 bad back to back playoffs games is what gives me some doubts about him. 

Wait, so your argument I would imagine is he has only done it for a single season and we need a larger sample size, and that he’s no good based on a two game sample…I got that right? 

Not even going to mention that his receivers were injured in those games and they had no running game.  

• Agree 1

This kid is too grounded and level headed to let the money mess him up.

He has a boulder on his shoulder not a chip and he is just getting started.

He won't be satisfied with winning one SB....lets hope he can win at least 4 to get the record to .500 :)

6 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

The Ravens were the #1 D in the NFL last year the Colts #9 and the Chiefs ranked #13(they allowed 12 more points than the Colts) The Bills were #17 BTW the Phins were #5 and the  Pats #7 and did not make the cut

The Bills made the playoffs on Josh's back.

You tend to play against better teams the deeper you go although he wasn't perfect he won 2 playoff games for a franchise that hadn't won any in 25 years and missed the playoffs 17 straight years during that span.

This guys career is like Gamestop stock last year ........on a meteoric rise :)

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/team-stats?category=defense&sort=def_pts_a&season=2020&sortOrder=asc

Edited by JMF2006
Link to D stats
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2021 at 11:23 PM, NJKBillsfan said:

How often would an elite quarterback play poor in back to back playoffs game? Because that's actually what happened last year with Allen against Baltimore and KC.  I don't care what the stats say but he simply wasn't good in those games. 

I don't see what's wrong with asking these questions about his past performances. 

I really hope he tears it up this year and erases all doubt in my mind about him.

Again, he didn't play poor in back to back games. He took a team that you and the Skip Bayless boys counted out before the wild card, to the Conference Finals. He beat Baltimore, yet contrarian rubes sit back and still concoct arguments for why Lamar might still just be a little bit better...

What QB could he better resemble that would give you more confidence? Mahomes is pretty much everybody's #1, so I'll give you that. If you want to count Brady, fine. I don't think it's apples to apples at this point, they don't play the same game. But for legacy's sake, Brady was closing in on 25 years old before he won his first Super Bowl. Hey look, pretty much the same age as Josh.

I run into these vague arguments every once in awhile and I guess I'd like more examples. Who are these active, elite QB's that you're comparing him to? Who, if you don't like the deal, would you rather see the Bills take a run on, pro or prospect? Vaguely saying "I don't know man", when everybody else knows, comes across as trolling. Who can Josh Allen be more like to provide you confidence?

• Like (+1) 1