Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

The thing that gets lost in this to me

Beane knows if Josh goes down were *****.....so he addressed it

A wonderful scenario would be we let Mitch play a LOT in pre season......and he shines.....then we hold onto that poker chip and when a QB goes down (which they inevitably do) you trade Mitch for a first round/high second round pick

Beane.....equals....wizard

• Like (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Maybe we signed Trubisky to trade to the Eagles 😂. I get he was only 2.5 mil so why the ***** not for insurance purposes. But money could have been spent elsewhere then again wtf do I know 🤷🏻‍♂️

You wanted to roll with Fromm as the only back up?  I mean this is essentially what they paid Barkley for last year.  How much more confidence is there in this team not being completely screwed if Allen misses a few games now?

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Forgive me for not slogging through 28 pages, but anyone else wondering how many 'off' series of downs for Allen before Sullivan starts clamouring for Trubisky?

He was the #2 pick, higher than Josh and has more starts.. clearly the right call.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

You wanted to roll with Fromm as the only back up?  I mean this is essentially what they paid Barkley for last year.  How much more confidence is there in this team not being completely screwed if Allen misses a few games now?

Exactly, If Buffalo would be 5-1 in a given stretch with Allen, I could see them being 3-3 or 4-2 under Trubisky in that same stretch.   I did not have confidence in Buffalo beating too many people under Barkley or Fromm

Edited by dgrochester55

52 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

As a back up... you do understand the difference?

He was a back up! 

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You need to understand the difference between "starter" and "backup"

Most starting QBs would make excellent backups

Dude was a backup.  

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Huh, how's about that...way out of left field. I guess maybe they weren't thrilled with what they've seen outta Fromm? They speak highly of Davis Webb's football IQ but don't seem to wanna see him on the field. And I figured Troobabinski would've went somewhere he thought he'd have a shot at QB1. 

I don’t think it says anything about Fromm other than Trubisky is a great backup QB, much less at that salary. He is only with the Bills for one year so they’ll still need a back up quarterback after he’s gone. 

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Forgive me for not slogging through 28 pages, but anyone else wondering how many 'off' series of downs for Allen before Sullivan starts clamouring for Trubisky?

I don’t think anyone cares. If anyone has any doubts about Josh after last year‘s performance, they’re idiots.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not debating Trubisky's value as a backup.  Merely wondering what the sports mavens will be saying on an 'off' day for Allen.

I just plain don’t care. AT ALL.  Some may, I admit. Josh is THE GUY for me and I’m pretty sure 100% of the locker room, regardless of bad days next year. If Josh were a Jay Cutler type, he might lose some guys with a bad stretch. He IS not, and he WILL not. IMO

Forget the media, they work for clicks. The TEAM knows. 

I was being toungue in cheek earlier that Mitch is now the second best qb in the AFC east.  Statisticly, last year Mitchell Trubisky out played Cam, Tua, and Darnold.   2.5 mil and the ability to keep the team afloat if Allen gets hurt is huge.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

You are just an object for my amusement.  I play, you dance.  

There sure are a lot of newbies here... Lol 

I enjoy your posts.  Well thought and some funny chit...🤙

Go Bills!!

9 hours ago, bills6969 said:

This explains why Pegulas plane was en route to Chi yesterday

Darnit SC, you actually had me excited this morning on Mack or Fuller.  I knew in my heart it was a pipe dream, but I held out a glimmer of hope.  As far as Mitch, he probably is an upgrade so that’s fine.  I always liked Barkley.

$2.5 mil. is not a big deal.  I hope he never sees the field, but if Josh gets hurt for a couple of games, not a bad option.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Good reason to series of downs to Trubisky.

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not debating Trubisky's value as a backup.  Merely wondering what the sports mavens will be saying on an 'off' day for Allen.

Sullivan is opposite of a maven.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

SIAP

It is interesting that the #2 QB was not resigned but Webb and Fromm were mentioned in call. 

He must know that extended practice squad will still be available in 2021.

Either that or he likes QBs whose last names end with repeated constants.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I don’t think it says anything about Fromm other than Trubisky is a great backup QB, much less at that salary. He is only with the Bills for one year so they’ll still need a back up quarterback after he’s gone. 

I don’t think anyone cares. If anyone has any doubts about Josh after last year‘s performance, they’re idiots.

Well some care but very few care about their opinions because those are idiots too.

Thanks Lime.  Doesn’t surprise me Beane was on MTC.  He makes good points.  There will never be a QB controversy ever.  Also, it’s kind of a sign, Beane is with his feet not just his mouth in it for the championship.  We paid a reasonable amt. of $ for a high quality backup.  NO had to pay a heck of a lot more for Bridgewater.  Mitch gets to be on a potential SB contender for a year, and maybe sees playing time for a game or two.  He wins and maybe someone takes a chance on him gain in the future.

I believe this is a great move.  It also seems like maybe now that we are in full FA mode, there is a chance someone falls to use as the ridiculous $ are going to go away and there maybe value out there over the next couple of days.

17 minutes ago, Sjwalker1 said:

Trubisky downfield percentage over  20 yards is 18%. That’s worse than the midget tyrod. We are in trouble if he has to play

You are always in trouble if your backup has to play.  We are in LESS trouble now than we were before.  That's a win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sjwalker1 said:

Trubisky downfield percentage over  20 yards is 18%. That’s worse than the midget tyrod. We are in trouble if he has to play

Good thing we got 3 guys who are tops in the league getting open in short yardage situations. Seriously though. 
How many deep balls would anyone complete to Darnell Mooney as Allen Robinson gets triple teamed cause they literally have nobody else NFL worthy at receiver. Shoot if a quarterback in Chicago could even get a throw off and down the field 20 yards without being sacked it’s a win.

11 hours ago, cba fan said:

what!! LOL. Improving team and contracts go hand in hand. If Bills spent all their remaining cap on Mitch then this was a terrible signing as they then can't improve the team in positions that matter much more than B/U QB. If he takes vet min then it is a great signing.

You really think Beane would do this? We have re-signed all potential FAs that we wanted back and added a Punter and improved at backup QB. Yes, fans shouldn't worry about contracts....LOL.... 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Just watched some of Trubisky on NFL GamePass and not really impressed.

Not sure why people think he's an upgrade over Barkley... Probably a downgrade to be honest. 

you're not? Have you watched film of Barkley? Then teams should be lining up to sign Barkley 

I remember all the hand wringing going on in the "We Need to Upgrade the BU QB" thread and now that its done there is seems to be more hand wringing than before the move ;) 

75% of the board wanted MB gone......I was not one of them.......but this is a clear and huge upgrade and I applaud the move.

I can't Billieve they got such a bargain basement deal 500k more than Barkley for a way better QB that fits the system.

Bean just bought a 2.5m insurance policy on Josh....nothing more.....if your a fan of the team this a great move :)

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I chuckled.....

Sad part is, this is probably true. Sometimes I do wonder what would have happened if the Bears ended up with Mahomes and the Chiefs with Trubisky. It really feels like the Bears are literally incapable of having a good QB since Jay Cutler.

Edited by Boxcar

26 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Wow Trubisky is garbage.

He's so bad that I had to stop watching him on NFL Game Pass.

If Allen goes down for any extended period this team is screwed!

your post is so wrong on every level I don't no where to start. So I wont. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1