Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

thats why it matters, money is limited with this years cap.  So how we allocate our resources is important as each move affects the others and what can and cant be done

I like MT as a back up, however I also hope we didnt spend very much to do it...

I think Beane is smart enough to understand the cap and sign players to good contracts....since he does it all the time

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

ONE WAY to get more out of the running game is taking josh off the leash scrambling..... not saying thats exactly why, but having a solid backup is a great policy that allows you to do that

That’s a terrible idea get a running back I want my QB throwing the ball there’s plenty of TT out there. Don’t get me wrong some plays were josh goes and gets that down or TD I’m for it but running around trying to stiff arm people. Or running over players has to stop 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Anyone thinking that Mitch as a backup is a bad thing is well....................................crazy IMO.

i think he's gotta be considered one of the best backup options in the league. Factor in the situation he's coming into and if Allen goes down i think we could all be confident Mitch could give us some .500 ball or better for a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Is Nick desperate for attention again?  

Yes .. that is how he gets paid .. the more people click on his idiot opinions the more ESPN pays the idiot. In the sports opinion game, it is more important to be noticed than right. Just ignore him.

5 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

thats why it matters, money is limited with this years cap.  So how we allocate our resources is important as each move affects the others and what can and cant be done

I like MT as a back up, however I also hope we didnt spend very much to do it...

Yet we re-signed all our potential FAs that we wanted back plus an upgrade at backup QB. I really wish people would stop with the cap. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm impressed by his decision as a person and player.  99% of quarterbacks taken second overall would never accept a backup QB job so early in their career.

I think the Bills will make him a better QB.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure how he’s gonna swing this coming year into a long-term contract somewhere else. He likely won’t be playing at all. You would think he would’ve picked a place where he could actually compete for a starting job. This time next year, I’m unsure if his value is any higher than it is right now. At least they’ll be more money for a boneheaded GM to throw at him. 

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't watch a lot of Bears. Most clips I've seen on him in the last two years has been "oh, Trubs stalls out yet another drive and wastes an elite defense"

He is a less effective josh.  Good athlete.  Good arm.  Just has some moments of poor mechanics and poor decision making.  

I mean he's made playoffs in 2 or 3 years.  He can't be that bad.

In this offense he could be a starter in the league if we needed him.