Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People believe this is the beginning of another Johnson/Flutie controversy. Bwhahahhahahaha!  Oh man.  I have a bad case of btsd but that’s some next level stuff.

and others would rather have Peterman over Trubisky!!!!!  😲 

my new favorite thread

This is more like Kelly-Reich. Jim was the franchise HOF QB. Reich was the solid backup QB. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I don't know...maybe he is useful in the case that Allen just goes down for a few games (like Drew Brees the last couple of years).  However, I keep thinking of a reporter who talked about watching a Colts practice when Peyton was the QB.  He saw Peyton getting almost all the snaps.  He talked to Polian about the fact that A) his backup qb was Jim Sorgi and B) He didn't give him any practice.  Polian's response was "If Peyton goes down we're screwed....so why waste time and money on his backup.  I kind of feel the same about Josh Allen.  I think that for me it will depend on the cost.  If Trubiski is relatively cheep...and is coming here to learn the way Josh Allen learned...then it makes sense all around.

Btw, polian did  lose his job after not hiring a good backup qb.  Have heard him lament about that on Sirius several times and admitted it was a bad philosophy. 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People believe this is the beginning of another Johnson/Flutie controversy. Bwhahahhahahaha!  Oh man.  I have a bad case of btsd but that’s some next level stuff.

and others would rather have Peterman over Trubisky!!!!!  😲 

my new favorite thread

Jauronimo is just messing with people

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Signing Mitchell Trubitzky after using a high draft pick on Jake Fromm is a clear sign that every one on the team has to earn their starting role every year, week, and day.  This has serious shades of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie.  I think the locker room is strong at this point but I really hope this isn't the start of another QB controversy.

Lets not forget, Trubixy was the SECOND OVERALL PICK in the draft not long ago.  The guy was considered a serious talent.  The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.  One or two bad games from Allen, or god forbid an injury, and I think its very realistic we could have a debate about the starting QB and a locker room divided.

I hope I'm wrong fellas....

200.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

the post in this thread about him being trade bait if it comes up i think has it right.

someone's qb is gonna go down in training camp or pre season.  when that happens, mitch for a pick or even a player gets very very tempting.  still have fromm if the worst case occurs.

1 minute ago, nucci said:

The contract shouldn't matter to fans. It's about improving the team.

Thank you. I care if we go so upside down we can't field a team but under Beane that's unlikely. At this point I'm just wanting him to do whatever he can to make the numbers work while winning a SB or 2.

Forgive me.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Signing Mitchell Trubitzky after using a high draft pick on Jake Fromm is a clear sign that every one on the team has to earn their starting role every year, week, and day.  This has serious shades of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie.  I think the locker room is strong at this point but I really hope this isn't the start of another QB controversy.

Lets not forget, Trubixy was the SECOND OVERALL PICK in the draft not long ago.  The guy was considered a serious talent.  The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.  One or two bad games from Allen, or god forbid an injury, and I think its very realistic we could have a debate about the starting QB and a locker room divided.

Bro all you know how to do is troll these forums. When you want to talk serious football let me know because no Bills fan can possibly think with half a brain at 8 years old that Mitchell could cause locker room issues or could compete with a Josh Allen. 

This post is so beyond sick, stupid my only thought on this is that its a troll. Josh Allen can have 4 bad games in a row this coming year and NEVER would I suggest Mitchel to start unless it was Injury Related

Piff

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Because if Josh gets hurts and misses three games they now have a much better shot at winning two of them

Unless hes getting 10 million, this is a great move 

I think everyone would give this move 5 stars,  i believe Pegula wanted to draft this kid the year he came out.  With his mobility & previous starting experience he becomes the perfect backup QB.  I would put him in the top 2-3 back-ups in the NFL

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

1. Trubitzky

2. Trubixy

Haha impressive. Ground up and in the freezer eh?