Current Cap #'s

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Guess well have to cut Lee Smith then to make room for Mckensie..🤔😁.

Hope so!  We need a returner and I love me some mckenzie.  I have a feeling an AFCE team overpays him.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tomorrow is a big day. Legal tampering day. Many deals get announced tomorrow. 

Don’t think the Bills will be on top of any of the guys who sign deals on the 1st day as those are usually overpays. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They have to make some room to sign Wallace, Mckenzie, Boettger, and Bojo. 

Those guys will be lucky if they sign for much more than the vet minimum.  Sucks for them that their contracts expired in a down 8% cap year.  They’re all pretty replaceable.  

I think Wallace is somewhat under rated here.   

It seems like he is pretty good.   Remember the Bills did not pressure the QB successfully this year and that impacts the back end.  

This is not a bad player.

If McKenzie goes, and with John Brown gone, there isn't much speed on that offense.   McKenzie made plays.  He caught a touchdown in the AFC Championship game and had a 3 touchdown game.   If McKittrick goes now you need two new guys, at least, who can pressure a defense with speed.   That is the argument for keeping IM19.  

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They have to make some room to sign Wallace, Mckenzie, Boettger, and Bojo.

So what about Dean Marlowe?  He's played very well for us at times.  He seems to be the "forgotten man"

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Think we all know a vet TE through back channels has reached out to the Bills about playing here we somehow need to clear up about 10 mill more which is easily done though restructures...we get a TE and DE and then head to the draft with best player approach  

Apparently we don't all know.  Say more....

2 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Don’t think the Bills will be on top of any of the guys who sign deals on the 1st day as those are usually overpays. 

Yes, that’s the smart way to play it.  After the Jags, Jets and Bengals, etc.  overpay for some of the top free agents, there’ll be less money for the others.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what about Dean Marlowe?  He's played very well for us at times.  He seems to be the "forgotten man"

Apparently we don't all know.  Say more....

I like him for his aggressive tackling but can’t sign everyone.  They could always move Siran Neal back.

Edited by ColeB

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

how much do we have left now?

As of 10 pm Sunday, Spotrac appears to have the Mario Addison giveback captured, but not the Feliciano signing, and says we have $10.1M of cap space left.

The Feliciano deal is reported to be 3 yrs/$17M or average of $5.6M/yr, but given how Milano and Williams contracts were structured it may actually only impact the cap by $3 or 4M

So, guesstimate would be we have $6-7M remaining at present.

My desireability of remaining FA signings:

Corey Bojorquez

Ike Boettger

Levi Wallace

Isaiah McKenzie

Dean Marlowe

Bojo, Boettger, and Wallace were all UDFA so even though they're RFA, an original round tender wouldn't give us anything.

A second round tender is $3.4M.

A right-of-first-refusal tender is $2.1M

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

What time does the craziness start tomorrow? Anyone know?

4 pm, but tomorrow is just "official tampering".  Actual signing not until 17th 4 pm.

36 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I don’t know what the answer is

I don't think he does either.  Seems like we get 1 or 2 every year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I don’t know what the answer is but I’m going with Jonnu Smith. This is the way. 

I was actually talking about having a deal for Ertz by the end of the week where he restructures on a very team friendly contract for like a 7th next year 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

The available cap space number is not that important right now - for the Bills at least.  They have several easy places to create space, which would be restructures of several large salaries this season.  They’ll be doing that as they need the room.  If we see 2 or 3 of those happen, then we are about out of space for significant moves.  

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

4 pm, but tomorrow is just "official tampering".  Actual signing not until 17th 4 pm.

I don't think he does either.  Seems like we get 1 or 2 every year.

Legal tampering starts at noon Eastern today.  Correct on official start of Free Agency at 4 pm on Wednesday the 17th. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

A nickel and three pennies... 

Can’t expect a big splash with our current cap numbers.  Need to restructure a few deals to make space.  Interesting Beane hasn’t done so yet.  I know, trust the process.

We are a few players away.  Hate to see us lose any of our UFA and RFA’s and have to replace them, along with adding pass rush.  If we don’t sign McKenzie, Roberts will be a huge loss.