Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You misspelled hockey team   

Some people still can’t seem to grasp a restructure isn’t a pay cut 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Poyer yes, Dawkins Yes.. I doubt they touch Diggs and White is top 5 CB in the league.. I doubt they even ask him.

 

Any restructures requested of Dawkins or White would be of the "convert salary to bonus and amortize" variety. 

 

No reason not to ask - it doesn't have too much impact and that impact is largely on income tax and can be grossed up.

It is possible that their contracts may already contain a clause enabling the Bills to do this without further negotiation.

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klos63 said:

Restructures aren't bad for the player, pay cuts are.

 

Right, a restructure alone is not necesarily bad, typically for a top player with a big contract they may not benefit from a dollar stand point but they may get money sooner or get more guaranteed based on the details agreed upon.  Restructures can or cannot include paycuts.  None of those 4 are getting pay cuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Can we get a pin thread with the up to date cap information please 

 

Spotrac and Overthecap have this info as up to date as it's going to get.

 

Per Spotrac, before signing Williams, we had $10.4M of cap WITH including Morse's restructure but WITHOUT (as far as I can tell) Butler or Addison.

 

ASS U MING that the $6M cap for Williams is correct and that Butler and Addison each transferred $2M to incentives, we would still have ~$8M cap left at this point.

Beane hasn't touched restructuring our top cap guys - per Spotrac's tool there's about another $10M just from salary to signing bonus conversions on Dawkins and White.

 

Then there's releasing Lee Smith, possibly extending/renegotiating Matakevich, etc.

 

I think Beane will probably take down the remaining cap in extending offers to some of our remaining FA next week, but leave the other avenues untapped unless we can close a deal with a FA or two he covets.  But if he can, I think he knows what he's prepared to offer and where he can free up the cap room to offer it.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Poyer yes, Dawkins Yes.. I doubt they touch Diggs and White is top 5 CB in the league.. I doubt they even ask him.

True if anything diggs is worth more. 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Spotrac and Overthecap have this info as up to date as it's going to get.

 

Per Spotrac, before signing Williams, we had $10.4M of cap WITH including Morse's restructure but WITHOUT (as far as I can tell) Butler or Addison.

 

ASS U MING that the $6M cap for Williams is correct and that Butler and Addison each transferred $2M to incentives, we would still have ~$8M cap left at this point.

Beane hasn't touched restructuring our top cap guys - per Spotrac's tool there's about another $10M just from salary to signing bonus conversions on Dawkins and White.

 

Then there's releasing Lee Smith, possibly extending/renegotiating Matakevich, etc.

 

I think Beane will probably take down the remaining cap in extending offers to some of our remaining FA next week, but leave the other avenues untapped unless we can close a deal with a FA or two he covets.  But if he can, I think he knows what he's prepared to offer and where he can free up the cap room to offer it.

 

 

Thanks

 

Honestly i'm happy at the moment being low on cap space wanted Milano and Williams back. Hopefully Wallace, Roberts  and McKenzie are back.  Pass rusher if they can afford it  would put cherry on top until draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d guess we got around $11m now after Addison pay cut and Williams signing.  Hughes extension/re-structure would give us another $3-4m.  

They can get a pretty good te and defensive lineman with about 10-12 and then head into the draft and honestly do a pba if they want 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scuba guy said:

If the bills have a tc this year at fisher are you coming 

 

I live 4 blocks away also have a teacher pass so can actually park in the college lot

I wish! I’m in Columbus but would love to make that trip. I really like the Rochester/ finger lakes area 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Can we get a pin thread with the up to date cap information please 


Bud, just like the rest if us, you just have to keep checking Spotrac or OTC.  They have the most up to date info.  Anything else is questionable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to point out that there would be no way to keep Milano and Williams if we'd signed JJ Watt.  I am more than OK with the way things turned out.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t expect any signing this week, especially any well known names.  However, the 2nd wave is where Buffalo will find players.  Let the kids with money over pay (Jax, Jets et cetera) Buffalo will find the value players in a couple of weeks.  ESPN will claim that these teams “won the off-season” week one.   

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Has Williams structure been released yet? My guess is we sit around $5-7 million before any more roster moves. 

 

Basically we're done until they restructure or cut some players. 

 

I have us at about $8m but that is with a guess on Addison's paycut.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Some people still can’t seem to grasp a restructure isn’t a pay cut 

 

Morse was a pay cut. He cut his salary and in return got more of the money he was going to make anyway this year guaranteed and if he meets certain performance escalators he will get just over half back. For example if he is on the game day roster for 15 games this year he gets half a mill back for that. What he basically did was say "please don't cut me I want to be here how can we guarantee that happens."

 

The Butler and Addison details are not out there yet that I can find. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...