Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Some people still can’t seem to grasp a restructure isn’t a pay cut 


Well said and a reduction is not a restructure per se.  It would be great if people just use Pat Kirwan’s three R’s.  Restructure (kick the can down the road), Reduce (pay cut, maybe sometimes incentives to get part back, ie. Morse), and Release, ie. Brown and Jefferson.

 

Restructuring into bonus can help for 2021 for some of the players mentioned like White and Dawkins, and there is very little downside for the player as they still get their $, just spaced over several years.  This is one year as an exception Id advocate some restructuring, and keep the pressure onto to reduce where possible.  I also wonder if they ask Hughes for a $1 mil. Reduction.  He’ll be 33 by the time the season starts, so you know he doesn’t want to be on the street right now.  He’d get paid even less by another team.

Edited by machine gun kelly
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You misspelled hockey team   

Some people still can’t seem to grasp a restructure isn’t a pay cut 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I have us at about $8m but that is with a guess on Addison's paycut.

That seems to be what most are saying. Add in Lee Smith. So approximately $10 million. Subtract the draft and we sit around $5 million. 

 

But they have no punter, so subtract at least $1 million. Long story short, there has to be more moves with the current roster coming. I'm 99% sure a Diggs extension is coming. 

 

I wonder if the Bills wait until after the draft to dive into free agency. Tender Wallace, Boettger, and sign Bojo long-term. That eats up the rest of the cap. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez. Y’all make Beane’s job easy with these low expectations.  We ain’t broke.  Far from it.  We are $10m under the cap and could easily free up another $15-20m with Hughes, White, Dawkins and Diggs re-structures/extensions.  We need an upper-tier pass rusher and an in-line Tight End who isn’t just a 6th Offensive Lineman.  Get it done Beane.  

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Geez. Y’all make Beane’s job easy with these low expectations.  We ain’t broke.  Far from it.  We are $10m under the cap and could easily free up another $15-20m with Hughes, White, Dawkins and Diggs re-structures/extensions.  We need an upper-tier pass rusher and an in-line Tight End who isn’t just a 6th Offensive Lineman.  Get it done Beane.  

Not broke, but getting close to pulling out the credit card. Still think they need to bring back Mckensie,  Wallace (4-6m) and make a decision with Barkley (say 2m). Also Boroquez (say 3m). Then 3-5m for the draft. Have to keep something in the back pocket in case something happens in season. So, couple of our own, then draft the rest. Just my thoughts, But that's why I am here and not a GM..

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Not broke, but getting close to pulling out the credit card. Still think they need to bring back Mckensie,  Wallace (4-6m) and make a decision with Barkley (say 2m). Also Boroquez (say 3m). Then 3-5m for the draft. Have to keep something in the back pocket in case something happens in season. So, couple of our own, then draft the rest. Just my thoughts, But that's why I am here and not a GM..

I agree with you.  The only thing I would add is bringing back Feliciano.  Maybe we can get him back at about 4mil/per? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Not broke, but getting close to pulling out the credit card. Still think they need to bring back Mckensie,  Wallace (4-6m) and make a decision with Barkley (say 2m). Also Boroquez (say 3m). Then 3-5m for the draft. Have to keep something in the back pocket in case something happens in season. So, couple of our own, then draft the rest. Just my thoughts, But that's why I am here and not a GM..

I hear you but none of those guys move the needle much and most/all are replaceable with vet minimum guys or draft picks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Poyer yes, Dawkins Yes.. I doubt they touch Diggs and White is top 5 CB in the league.. I doubt they even ask him.

 

I'd argue the opposite about Diggs.  He's way underpaid and due for a big raise, so give him big signing bonus, low salary this year, then add a couple new years onto deal and large increases starting in 2022.

 

Seeing that Mahomes just got restructured really before the new deal even kicked in, sounds like anything can happen in particular this year due to the big cut leaving teams scrambling even more than normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I hear you but none of those guys move the needle much and most/all are replaceable with vet minimum guys or draft picks.  

In a normal year I might agree, but.... Mckensie fills multiple rolls and knows the offense. Barkley as well (not that Josh needs him, but 1 more year wouldn't hurt). Wallace knows the defense and I don't think he is as bad as some think plus would give you someone there while a rookie gets up to speed in the NFL. Boroquez is the one I go back and forth on, but if we can keep him, why risk it?? Gonna be a hard year to truly evaluate draft prospects and haven't really looked at FA's that would be better than our own at a cheaper price.. Rather have the experience in our system than saving a mill or two. But again, that's why I am not the GM...

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

I agree with you.  The only thing I would add is bringing back Feliciano.  Maybe we can get him back at about 4mil/per? 

If he would take that deal, I am all for it. But from the little I have read, that may be quite the hometown discount.. But after the last few days I wouldn't doubt Beane's magic..😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This has to be the number before the Milano and Williams deals, right? Slightly confusing because he lists others as the number before certain deals, but not us. 

 

Assuming this is the number after all the restructures before subtracting the cap hits of Milano (8 mil per spotrac) and Williams (6.15 per spotrac) - it looks like we're probably actually sitting at 7.65 under. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BillsFanForever19 changed the title to Field Yates reports Bills at 21.8 Under Cap?

So we have around 5M after draft picks are signed. Still need to resign Bojo, which will probably cost 2M.  Matakavich is only 3.5M or so, a restructure can’t save us too much money.  Unless we restructure a couple of our stars (Tre, Diggs, Dawkins, Poyer), we’re strapped and talk of a Jonnu Smith or Carl Lawson/Hendrickson is just that.  Talk. 
 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewEra said:

So we have around 5M after draft picks are signed. Still need to resign Bojo, which will probably cost 2M.  Matakavich is only 3.5M or so, a restructure can’t save us too much money.  Unless we restructure a couple of our stars (Tre, Diggs, Dawkins, Poyer), we’re strapped and talk of a Jonnu Smith or Carl Lawson/Hendrickson is just that.  Talk. 

 

I agree. Unless some other moves are made, Milano and Williams will be our biggest splashes in FA.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...