🚨 COLOR RUSH IS HERE!! 🚨 Week 14 Steelers at Bills

6 minutes ago, eball said:

It varies.  I believe (but am not certain) that all teams must plan the entire season in advance, but it is up to the individual teams to decide how to release that info.  Some teams (the Chargers come to mind) released every uni combo on their website at the beginning of the season, while some (like the Bills) do it week-to-week.

This website shows what each team is wearing and is updated throughout the week.  If you look to future weeks you can see who has already released the info publicly.

If you scroll ahead to the final week you will see Miami has announced white over aqua. I hope the Bills wear blue over white for that one. I think they have only worn blue over white for one home game this year. So much for blue over white being the traditional "home look".

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

If you scroll ahead to the final week you will see Miami has announced white over aqua. I hope the Bills wear blue over white for that one. I think they have only worn blue over white for one home game this year. So much for blue over white being the traditional "home look".

Agree.  And it looks like Denver will be wearing their orange jammies against us.  All blue or all white for that one I hope.

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Looks like it.

Red unis ain't the same without two feet of snow on the ground.

I just got pics back... They got some snow recently.  Who knows what's gonna come through.  System is coming, hooking out of the Panhandle for this weekend.  Will the Lake Snows get there before Sunday night?  Or will it be rain?

10 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

90% of this board hates the red uniforms, I don't get the hate. I think they are great! Plus the Bills record in them are pretty good. 

90% are guys.  Guys tend to be more colorblind.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/mind/the-humans-with-super-human-vision

I tend to think this is done because ladies like it more?

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

In last year's Sunday Night game @ Pittsburgh the Steelers used their color rush uniforms.

Maybe this is the start of a tradition.

Wish we were in all whites vs. the all blacks. Would have looked great. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Teams releasing their road uniforms seems silly. It doesn't really matter what the dolphins want here. If the Bills want to wear white on white, the Dolphins can't wear their white jerseys. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey, I like the variety (unlike some fans). I don't mind the read uniforms once in awhile. These ones aren't my favorite, but no biggie. My least favorites are the blue on blue, though. But they all look good to me.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm color blind to red.  It's not that it's a different color, I just don't see it at all.  So when this game is on, I will see the Steelers in black playing against floating Bills helmets and numbers.

Can I catch this condition because that sounds like fun.

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

My guess is it is week to week here. I believe Pitt had already announced white on black or yellow, then amended when this came out. 

All home teams are required to announce their uniform selection BEFORE the season starts, and the road teams must announce shortly afterwards.

The Bills are among the minority of teams that keep a lid on it and release their home jerseys on a week to week basis.  Most announce what uniforms they'll be wearing each weekend before the season starts.  

Edited by Ned Flanders

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Teams releasing their road uniforms seems silly. It doesn't really matter what the dolphins want here. If the Bills want to wear white on white, the Dolphins can't wear their white jerseys. 

I think teams are required to give their entire uniform schedule to the league before the season starts. On that uniform site I post here some teams release their entire uniform schedule for the year before the season starts. Miami already knows what the Bills are wearing that week which is why they released white over aqua. The Bills just haven't announced it to the public as they like to do that a few days before the game.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think teams are required to give their entire uniform schedule to the league before the season starts. On that uniform site I post here some teams release their entire uniform schedule for the year before the season starts. Miami already knows what the Bills are wearing that week which is why they released white over aqua. The Bills just haven't announced it to the public as they like to do that a few days before the game.

Maybe, but does not look like it. Scrolling ahead, there are dozens of teams without any listed uniform. Hell, even this weeks is wrong for Pittsburgh. So Pitt either knew and switched this week on their own. Or Pitt did not know, and switched when they found out. Either way, it does not look like the league/teams are in the know at all, or if they are they have the freedom to switch as they please. To my point, if you are an away team, releasing your uniform 12 weeks in advance is silly. Case in point is Pitt @ Buffalo this week. If Buffalo wants to play all whites in week 17, Miami will absolutely be in Teel tops whether they like it or not. 

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm color blind to red.  It's not that it's a different color, I just don't see it at all.  So when this game is on, I will see the Steelers in black playing against floating Bills helmets and numbers.

When the Bills had the red helmets did you see headless players running around or did the logo give you some perception?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have always liked the red jerseys.  Red on red, though?  Not my thing.

I would make a few tweaks to the jersey still but agreed - love it, just don't need the matching trousers. Red on White would be a good look.

• Like (+1) 1