Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.9d3fc53019079d879f3371853523e304.png

Mitch Morse 👍 Good to hear on Tre White and John Brown, NOT liking Micah Hyde and Jon Feliciano on there!

We need all hands on deck AND full go in our secondary

What will it take to be able to put our 5 best OLinemen out there at the same time??? I’d like to know what we could really look like at this point with our full offense, including John Brown. I know injuries are part of the game, and the bye week is coming, but I’m unsure of what we could really be as an offense. 

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Both pleased and "eh" on this.  Wish Allen had fewer distractions and could just focus un-hindered on his game day prep and handling his personal business.  Hopefully he is better able to cope than last year.

I agree, I’m not the biggest fan of the media with athletes... but I’m not too bent out of shape about it. 

Players have specific media obligations they have to fulfill throughout the course of the season. 

I highly doubt he’s doing excess media work... this is probably just in line with what he’s required to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I agree, I’m not the biggest fan of the media with athletes... but I’m not too bent out of shape about it. 

Players have specific media obligations they have to fulfill throughout the course of the season. 

I highly doubt he’s doing excess media work... this is probably just in line with what he’s required to do. 

It's all part of a top NFL player's schedule. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone want to fact check this guy over at arizonasportsfans.com

I honestly want to create an account just to point out that AZ was the team the bills traded with to get Allen a year before Murray was even drafted.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/looking-ahead-to-buffalo.376255/page-7

Actually, SK did take KM over both LJ and JA. We passed on LJ when we took Rosen, passed on JA when we took KM. Now, those decisions will be something to chew on as the careers of the three play out.

Edited by The Wiz

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I honestly want to create an account just to point out that AZ was the team the bills traded with to get Allen a year before Murray was even drafted.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/looking-ahead-to-buffalo.376255/page-7

Actually, SK did take KM over both LJ and JA. We passed on LJ when we took Rosen, passed on JA when we took KM. Now, those decisions will be something to chew on as the careers of the three play out.

That happens with new fans aboard the bandwagon. Probably not following the Cards in 2018

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

We traded up with Tampa to get Allen, not AZ.

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'll be honest with you, I'm kinda impressed by the level of conversation there.  Are there some homers there? Of course, but after spending a lot of time reading forums over the years dedicated to the Dolphins, Pats, Jets, and Steelers.......the Arizona page seems to have some pretty level-headed, well thought out posts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

You're right.  Huh.  Not sure why I thought it was the Cards.  Did they trade up before we did or after?  I thought we jumped them when they moved up to 10.

Reportedly Arizona wanted to take Allen at 10 but bills traded ahead of them before they could and they ended up with Rosen who was never their guy

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'll be honest with you, I'm kinda impressed by the level of conversation there.  Are there some homers there? Of course, but after spending a lot of time reading forums over the years dedicated to the Dolphins, Pats, Jets, and Steelers.......the Arizona page seems to have some pretty level-headed, well thought out posts.

They do.  Not sure if they just don't have many fans that post or are just the only fans that follow the team enough to want to post about it but they are pretty fair.

43 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I get it, it's more the likely focus on his grandma and his feels and all that, rummaging through his emotions.

Feel like the man should be left in peace to grieve and process his feelings with his family and friends and teammates as best he can while full-bore preparing for a game, and not have the press poking into it every 5 minutes.

It's kind of our fault I guess (BillsMafia) raising $400k unsolicited in nothing flat is pretty big news.

I will say if it has to go down, I think Kim Jones is a knowledgeable and fair reporter who will treat him decently.  And maybe he gets out of some other stuff by doing this.

3 weeks ago if you told me we’d go into the bye 7-3 with wins over Patriots and Seattle I’d said the division title would be all but wrapped up

now with Miami 1 game behind if we lose and the dolphins win I can for certain see the week 17 game come down for the division win. Dolphins could easily come into that game with 9 wins 

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get it, it's more the likely focus on his grandma and his feels and all that, rummaging through his emotions.

Feel like the man should be left in peace to grieve and process his feelings with his family and friends and teammates as best he can while full-bore preparing for a game, and not have the press poking into it every 5 minutes.

It's kind of our fault I guess (BillsMafia) raising $400k unsolicited in nothing flat is pretty big news.

I will say if it has to go down, I think Kim Jones is a knowledgeable and fair reporter who will treat him decently.  And maybe he gets out of some other stuff by doing this.

Josh is a pretty mature young man who seems to learn through experience. Dealing with a loss stinks whether it is trivial like a game or significant like a loved one. I know you know that, and we’d all like Josh to be allowed to grieve in whatever way he prefers. He may even be ok talking about it, for some that helps the healing. I do get where you are coming from.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Everything I've seen from Kim Jones has impressed me.   She has a very well spoken and down to earth intensity about her. 

16 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Josh is a pretty mature young man who seems to learn through experience. Dealing with a loss stinks whether it is trivial like a game or significant like a loved one. I know you know that, and we’d all like Josh to be allowed to grieve in whatever way he prefers. He may even be ok talking about it, for some that helps the healing. I do get where you are coming from.

I guess one thing in his favor is that he seems to have a lot of mature teammates around him that he's close to who can help him handle all the hype now surrounding his personal loss and I believe the Bills have some sport psychology hires who can also help him if he reaches out.

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Everything I've seen from Kim Jones has impressed me.   She has a very well spoken and down to earth intensity about her. 

Yeah, I'm impressed so far when she asks questions during our media availability.  Agreed, down to earth is a good description.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Sick of hearing about Kyler, Tua, Burrow and Herbert

Well you are going to be hearing about Kyler, Burrow, and Herbert for a long time. Those three are good. Tua has played two games but I think he will be around for awhile too. Kyler has already shown he deserves the praise. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, McGahee said:

Seahawks are the only good team we've beat too....if you can even call them a good team.

Quit it. The Bills have beaten 4 teams that are 5-3 or better. That’s tops in the league BTW. 

2 hours ago, nucci said:

then why do you follow the NFL? Tua just starting out..Burrow and Herbert playing very well. I think it's great for the league

The Tua stuff is a bit ridiculous at the moment. He’s played 2 games. One he sucked in and another he was good in. A couple of more games to see what’s up would be nice. 

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The Tua stuff is a bit ridiculous at the moment. He’s played 2 games. One he sucked in and another he was good in. A couple of more games to see what’s up would be nice. 

I did say Tua has just started but Burrow and Herbert look really good.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, McGahee said:

Seahawks are the only good team we've beat too....if you can even call them a good team.

Wait, “if you can even call them a good team”? Up until we ran them out of our building, they were the #1 seed in the NFC. Who, exactly, do we need to beat to be “proven”? Is it Tennessee, who lost to Cincinnati and the Colts? Maybe KC, who lost to the Raiders at home (a team Buffalo beat on the road)? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, nucci said:

then why do you follow the NFL? Tua just starting out..Burrow and Herbert playing very well. I think it's great for the league

I’ve seen some of Burrow and Herbert. 
They do seem to play well and have made some games very challenging in losses.  

Tua with only 2 games still has much to prove.  
the defense won the Rams game hands down. 
imo

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’ve seen some of Burrow and Herbert. 
They do seem to play well and have made some games very challenging in losses.  

Tua with only 2 games still has much to prove.  
the defense won the Rams game hands down. 
imo

As you watch this generation of college players restock NFL teams, I am struck by two thoughts:

1.  It used to be that college QBs had to normalize their play to the NFL style of QBing.  Now it seems the NFL is normalizing their play to college QBing with players like Jackson, Allen, Mahomes, Tua, Herbert and Burrows and comers like Lawrence, Fields, etc.

2.  There is no prototypical QB anymore.  Lots of different styles are emerging, but one thing they all seem to have in common is mobility.  When you watched Rivers and Brady play, they are as immobile as Marino used to be.  As a defense, you knew where you needed to get to.  Now QBs are running all over behind the line of scrimmage and you never quite no where they will end up. 

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

Feels like Seattle and Arizona switched places and we’re facing the league MVP and SB favorite this week by the way the media is talking.  

Even on the scroll for “Sit ‘Em” Bills Defense comes in at Number 2.   Cole Beasley on that list as well.  

I hear analysts say “well, sure, Buffalo stopped RW, but KM is a whole different story”..... ehhh, ok....

Kyler is good, for sure, but somehow Wilson and Seattle became a middle of the pack team this week after losing to us, but Arizona is lethal with the best QB in the NFL after losing to Miami. 

Meanwhile, the other narrative is that “Buffalo can’t be trusted yet”.... which I’m ok with... I think beating AZ would finally squash that if we come away with the W.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Feels like Seattle and Arizona switched places and we’re facing the league MVP and SB favorite this week by the way the media is talking.  

Even on the scroll for “Sit ‘Em” Bills Defense comes in at Number 2.   Cole Beasley on that list as well.  

I hear analysts say “well, sure, Buffalo stopped RW, but KM is a whole different story”..... ehhh, ok....

Kyler is good, for sure, but somehow Wilson and Seattle became a middle of the pack team this week after losing to us, but Arizona is lethal with the best QB in the NFL after losing to Miami. 

Meanwhile, the other narrative is that “Buffalo can’t be trusted yet”.... which I’m ok with... I think beating AZ would finally squash that if we come away with the W.  

I get it.  Part of it is to build hype for the game.  AZ-BUF has NEVER been the game of the week.  And yet this week it is.  Murray played extremely well against the number 1 defense in the league.  AZ has two good wins, Week 1 against a full 9ers team and Week 8 against the Hawks.  They also have a very scary WR corp and a very elusive runner in QB.  This game is going to be fun to watch.  

I also believe the narrative would be different if Buffalo was at home and Cards were the road team.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

its been two weeks in a row now that any analysis of Bills vs (insert team name here) has basically just been all talk about the opposing team and how theres slim to no chance we stop their qb. You honestly wouldnt have known there was a team even playing the seahawks last week judging by the lead up to that game. it was a wilson/metcalf crowning party. Just like this week if you werent a bills fan you would never guess theres a good young qb opposite of Murray that the cardinals need to prove they can stop. almost every single preview of the game i've seen is just everyone giving Murray a knob job and it ends with "oh, and they are playing the bills i guess".

its honestly so odd to me. its not like we just burst onto the scene. we're on our way to our 3rd playoff in 4 years and the team owns more wins over winning teams this year than any other team in the league. they are 7-2 with QUALITY wins and their only 2 losses are against teams with a combined record of 14-4.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1