Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Interesting 🧐 

will the Cardinals looking ahead to TNF?

Cardinals-vs.-Seahawks-d37a854693.PNG

If they had beaten Miami then maybe. Since they are coming off a loss and the Bills are a 7-2 team that is no longer flying under the radar I would say NO.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, McGahee said:

Seahawks are the only good team we've beat too....if you can even call them a good team.

Bills have more wins against teams with current winning records (4) than any team in the AFC. Maybe the nfc too but I didn’t take the time to review it. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Meanwhile, the other narrative is that “Buffalo can’t be trusted yet”.... which I’m ok with... I think beating AZ would finally squash that if we come away with the W.  

Bills have reduced the number of such narratives with their solid performances. Those that remain are unlikely to change their tune after the AZ game. WHen we beat them, those voices will spout "Bills caught AZ looking ahead to the Seahawks game"

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Bills have reduced the number of such narratives with their solid performances. Those that remain are unlikely to change their tune after the AZ game. WHen we beat them, those voices will spout "Bills caught AZ looking ahead to the Seahawks game"

Perhaps, but losing to Tennessee and KC in consecutive weeks did a number on our perception amongst those people.  

That being said, GMFB already shifted the narrative to “Josh has to prove he can do it in the Playoffs”, so you may be correct. 

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Matt Barkley playing the role of Kyler Murray in practice has to be a joke right?

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

it was quite clear that McKenzie had the lion share of prep team QB, im sure they wanted some actual passing looks so they used Barkley. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes I chuckled at that comment myself.

did anyone else just picture mckenzie running around like a maniac and then handing barkley the ball last second and letting him throw it? thats how i made sense of it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

did anyone else just picture mckenzie running around like a maniac and then handing barkley the ball last second and letting him throw it? thats how i made sense of it.

Either that or they both have a ball, and they use McKenzie to scramble and when the ball is ready to be thrown they have Barkley throw the pass from the backfield. 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Feels like Seattle and Arizona switched places and we’re facing the league MVP and SB favorite this week by the way the media is talking.  

Even on the scroll for “Sit ‘Em” Bills Defense comes in at Number 2.   Cole Beasley on that list as well.  

I hear analysts say “well, sure, Buffalo stopped RW, but KM is a whole different story”..... ehhh, ok....

Kyler is good, for sure, but somehow Wilson and Seattle became a middle of the pack team this week after losing to us, but Arizona is lethal with the best QB in the NFL after losing to Miami. 

Meanwhile, the other narrative is that “Buffalo can’t be trusted yet”.... which I’m ok with... I think beating AZ would finally squash that if we come away with the W.  

Arizona and KM will be portrayed as middle of the pack too, come Monday morning

31 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

For the regular season I think it would take a win over the Steelers and only the Steelers for the media to be 100% on the Bills bandwagon. I personally don't care if they do or don't believe in the Bills but a win over the Steelers would have people talking about the Bills as a legit Super Bowl contender.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills will apparently always be the backwoods, podunk kid sister that no one wants to talk about. Even when they ARE good, the media coverage is usually just like “aw, ain’t they cute? Bless their hearts!”.

7-2? Doesn’t matter.

More wins against winning teams than anyone in the NFL? Meh.

Exciting, endearing QB with a legit case for MVP? Yawn.

I just can’t wrap my head around it. People will say “you have to earn it”, but what have the Cardinals earned? What did Lamar Jackson’s Ravens earn when they were the toast of the town?

As others have pointed out: one of the teams in the Bills-Cardinals match beat the mighty Seahawks last week. One lost to the Dolphins. One QB outgunned Russell Wilson. One got outgunned by a rookie making his second start. So who does the media love and give the majority of the props and positive coverage to? The Cards, of course. It’s madness.

I try not to let this stuff get to me, but it gets really old after a while.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

For the regular season I think it would take a win over the Steelers and only the Steelers for the media to be 100% on the Bills bandwagon. I personally don't care if they do or don't believe in the Bills but a win over the Steelers would have people talking about the Bills as a legit Super Bowl contender.

I believe that too, which is funny Because the Steelers nearly lost to Garrett Gilbert and the crap fest Dallas defense. The media taught me that “championship teams” overcome poor play to win games. Have to love the spin  for different teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills will apparently always be the backwoods, podunk kid sister that no one wants to talk about. Even when they ARE good, the media coverage is usually just like “aw, ain’t they cute? Bless their hearts!”.

7-2? Doesn’t matter.

More wins against winning teams than anyone in the NFL? Meh.

Exciting, endearing QB with a legit case for MVP? Yawn.

I just can’t wrap my head around it. People will say “you have to earn it”, but what have the Cardinals earned? What did Lamar Jackson’s Ravens earn when they were the toast of the town?

As others have pointed out: one of the teams in the Bills-Cardinals match beat the mighty Seahawks last week. One lost to the Dolphins. One QB outgunned Russell Wilson. One got outgunned by a rookie making his second start. So who does the media love and give the majority of the props and positive coverage to? The Cards, of course. It’s madness.

I try not to let this stuff get to me, but it gets really old after a while.

here's a gem from one of the worst in the business right now, Nick Wright.... mind  you on monday he declared Tua the best qb in the east and said if the bills dont win the east they may not even make the playoffs....... A team thats 7-2..... ya. he said that.... he's also picked against buffalo vs. NE, SEA and now AZ.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

What? To be MVP you have to win your division and that’s not Josh?

:blink:

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

here's a gem from one of the worst in the business right now, Nick Wright.... mind  you on monday he declared Tua the best qb in the east and said if the bills dont win the east they may not even make the playoffs....... A team thats 7-2..... ya. he said that.

I would have that video playing on a loop in the locker room.  Sure the Bills may  lose Sunday.  But, those takes are completely horrendous and disrespectful to a team that is 7-2 and beaten the teams they have, the way they have.  

I don’t think the Bills ..have.. to win the game this weekend. But imagine if they do, and all these guys heads exploding.   

Just imagine going into the bye at 8-2 having beaten the Patsies, the Seahawks and the Cards in the 3 previous weeks.  Man I can’t wait for Sunday!!

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

here's a gem from one of the worst in the business right now, Nick Wright.... mind  you on monday he declared Tua the best qb in the east and said if the bills dont win the east they may not even make the playoffs....... A team thats 7-2..... ya. he said that.... he's also picked against buffalo vs. NE, SEA and now AZ.

Wow.

It wasn’t just Wright in that clip. It was all three analysts.

One guy said the Bills are “too up and down”. They’ve won three straight and just beat everyone’s NFC Super Bowl favorite.

Someone show that clip to the Bills locker room, please.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Feels like Seattle and Arizona switched places and we’re facing the league MVP and SB favorite this week by the way the media is talking.  

Even on the scroll for “Sit ‘Em” Bills Defense comes in at Number 2.   Cole Beasley on that list as well.  

I hear analysts say “well, sure, Buffalo stopped RW, but KM is a whole different story”..... ehhh, ok....

Kyler is good, for sure, but somehow Wilson and Seattle became a middle of the pack team this week after losing to us, but Arizona is lethal with the best QB in the NFL after losing to Miami. 

I hear ya.  To be fair,  'Zona did win over Seattle - albeit in overtime by 3 points.

On paper, Arizona has a more legit defense than Seattle, especially against the pass.  On the other hand...their more legit defense didn't manage to slow the SeaSnakes down any better than we did - same points scored, except we were ahead all game.  Arizona gave up about the same passing yards and 4x more rush yards to Seattle. 

I don't really know too much about Arizona's defense, honestly.   The thing that sticks out from stat-gazing is that there's a huge discrepancy in their rank on yards given up, vs on points given up.  They're #8 on points but #19 on yards.  That discrepancy usually means something.  They are getting turnovers - 10 take-aways - but they're also giving the ball up with 10 giveaways.

They're clearly a better fundamental defense than Seattle against the pass, but not so good against the run (in theory).  Seattle is #4 in rush YPG given up.  Arizona is #22 - right after us.  It's going to be interesting to see what kind of game plan we come out with, and whether or not this week's announcers have figured out that Daboll right now seems bound and determined to keep our offense from being pigeonholed.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hear ya.  To be fair,  'Zona did manage to win over Seattle - albeit in overtime by 3 points.

On paper, Arizona has a more legit defense than Seattle, especially against the pass.  On the other hand...their more legit defense didn't manage to slow the SeaSnakes down any better than we did - same points scored, except we were ahead all game.  Arizona gave up about the same passing yards and 4x more rush yards to Seattle. 

I don't really know too much about Arizona's defense, honestly.   The thing that sticks out from stat-gazing is that there's a huge discrepancy in their rank on yards given up, vs on points given up.  They're #8 on points but #19 on yards.  That discrepancy usually means something.  They are getting turnovers - 10 take-aways - but they're also giving the ball up with 10 giveaways.

Inconsistent drive to drive, but they come up with enough splash plays to support their offense. At least from the three games I saw. 

The thing that gives me the most hope for offensive success is that Arizona plays mostly man coverage and doesn’t rush the passer very well.

So far this year, Allen’s best games have all come against just such a combination.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

The thing that gives me the most hope for offensive success is that Arizona plays mostly man coverage and doesn’t rush the passer very well.

So far this year, Allen’s best games have all come against just such a combination.

If AZ plays a predominantly man scheme, they have no chance of stopping this offense. Allen and Co. have shredded any team that’s tried it this year. You can’t turn your back on Allen, it’s that simple. I think AZ plays more of what we’ve seen since the Titans game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If AZ plays a predominantly man scheme, they have no chance of stopping this offense. Allen and Co. have shredded any team that’s tried it this year. You can’t turn your back on Allen, it’s that simple. I think AZ plays more of what we’ve seen since the Titans game. 

On the flip side, Murray struggles most vs zone, something the Bills play a lot of.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Kangaxx said:

Nick Wright is terrible. He loves to hate JA for some reason.

Yeah, there’s always going to be those few that just don’t like a certain player or team no matter what the said player or team does.

As the old saying goes, “you can’t please everyone“.

Patrick Peterson has largely been very successful against Diggs in three matchups. Given up like 90 total yards. Granted, Josh is the best QB Diggs has had in those mathups. 

Given this though, seems like a great game for Brown and Beasley to have career days. 

Would love Buddha to miss this game. Even if he does play, pretty easy to re-injure the groin injury, especially the way he plays.