Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That kind of took me aback, but the way Diggs said it was actually kind of sweet.  Reading this sounds snarky but the context was about both pushing and supporting his QB.  I think what he actually said was "he can never be wrong" and I took it to mean in part, on route options, it's what Josh is seeing that drives the decision process.  If part of a miscue is the receiver's body language he needs to look at himself and make sure he's giving clear signals.

It has to be a tough line to walk for a WR, Beasley has talked about how he tries to make every route he runs look exactly the same to the DBs. But at the same time, the receiver has to make sure his intentions are clear to the QB.

38 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You and Hap are so right. 

The classy thing for them to do would have been to just get together as reporters beforehand... decide on 1 question related to the passing of his grandmother and have someone ask it for the group of reporters and get it out of the way. 

I know they have a job and Josh has a job to answer those questions... but stuff like this is intimate. I couldn’t imagine showing up at work and having to continue to answer questions about a deceased family member. It’s hard enough as it is... 

Josh isn’t the type to really deflect. He seems to be a genuinely good person... so much so that he will answer whatever someone asks him and do his best to be polite about it. He’s really a true professional, but in return the reporters should have made an attempt to steer the discussion away from his loss pretty early on. 

I could deal with more than one question.  But when it was reporter after reporter and question after question, some of which were just variations on the same theme, I was finally like "Sweet Lord, Guys, Give it a Rest!".  I agree with you that it would have been classy to act as a "pool" and come up with maybe 3-4 distinct questions that 1-2 guys could ask.

The 🤷‍♂️ thing as reporters is that Daboll redirected a couple of tough questions in his interview towards Josh - saying "that would be a good question to ask Josh".  One of them was a question about the shoulder injury and how much it was affecting Josh; I'm blanking on what the other one was, but I remember thinking it would be a fairly tough question.

In some ways all the harping on Josh and his family's loss kind of gave him a "hall pass" on some legit tough football questions, including some I'd have liked to hear the answer to.

Minor nit: maybe it's the Zoom format, but it seems to me these guys are spending more time spinning out their own thoughts and assumptions to the point where it's sometimes hard to figure out what the question actually IS.

The Diggs interview was amazing to me.  He is Buffalo.  He is all in.  Week in, week out, he gives the best interviews.  It's hard not to love this guy and what he means to the QB1, his fellow WRs, the team and the city.  Whatever went wrong on Minny, is in the past.  He strikes you as the anti-Diva.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

The Diggs interview was amazing to me.  He is Buffalo.  He is all in.  Week in, week out, he gives the best interviews.  It's hard not to love this guy and what he means to the QB1, his fellow WRs, the team and the city.  Whatever went wrong on Minny, is in the past.  He strikes you as the anti-Diva.

I don't look to find players to be my "favorites" on sports teams but Diggs is just becoming one of mine.

Interesting stuff about Knox.  He’s been all hype and little production so far in his career and he’s definitely at a crossroads.  Injuries, drops, penalties and missed blocks have been real problems for him.  But the ability is there and it sounds like the Bills turned down a few lowball offers for him at the deadline so they still think he can turn it around.  It’s really time for him to flash.  

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Interesting stuff about Knox.  He’s been all hype and little production so far in his career and he’s definitely at a crossroads.  Injuries, drops, penalties and missed blocks have been real problems for him.  But the ability is there and it sounds like the Bills turned down a few lowball offers for him at the deadline so they still think he can turn it around.  It’s really time for him to flash.  

I like Knox but I think you are correct with your assumptions.  If he can't show it soon he will not be anything more than a TE2 in OBDs eyes going forward.

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That block on Jamal Adams was embarrassing.  He outweighs him by 40 lbs.  I can live with Adams blowing by him but not just pushing him out of the way....that's the only time in the game I was pissed.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hungry and humble

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That block on Jamal Adams was embarrassing.  He outweighs him by 40 lbs.  I can live with Adams blowing by him but not just pushing him out of the way....that's the only time in the game I was pissed.

"That block" is very generous

37 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Knox was a 3rd round pick. I know we traded back up for him, but that is hardly uber "hype". Most of the hype has come because he's flashed and played good at times. Plus Buffalo fans have always been obsessed with finding a TE who could be big and badass...but we never get them.  We have a legacy of hyping our Derrick Fines and Mark Campbells of the world until they show otherwise. He has produced, but yeah he's not that Travis Kelce kinda guy and has a ways to go. He's not reliable. I'm willing to give him some more time.

Edited by RichRiderBills

17 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What is Kyle Brandt talking about in regards to the ravens game lol.. He said "it did not go well" when defending Lamar. (who he was comparing to kyler murray).

Besides a 70 yard TD on a blown coverage, bills basically shut them down all game

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The annoying thing here is this whole cast has been slobbing all over a 5-3 fins team for 2 weeks now. We're 7-2 with wins over 4 teams with winning records(most in the league)and we have to win another one against a good team to not be doubted. Thats silly talk.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The annoying thing here is this whole cast has been slobbing all over a 5-3 fins team for 2 weeks now. We're 7-2 with wins over 4 teams with winning records(most in the league)and we have to win another one against a good team to not be doubted. Thats silly talk.

..and Tua is the next Montana after one decent game.

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Tua seems to be the hot topic for a lot of the media. 

they have a job to do and the only teams they ridicule are the bad teams that have no hope. 

Peter is the last holdout who believes in the Bills.  
he said 

"If they win this game, I'm done doubting them."

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Tua seems to be the hot topic for a lot of the media. 

they have a job to do and the only teams they ridicule are the bad teams that have no hope. 

Peter is the last holdout who believes in the Bills.  
he said 

"If they win this game, I'm done doubting them."

He then followed it up with something like, "maybe"

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think part of the problem is every time Buffalo starts entering into the conversation with some of the better teams in the league. The Bills suffer a set back. I do think the overall league perception of the Bills is starting to change more now as Allen continues to develop into a franchise QB IMO. 

Elite play from the QB position is impossible to ignore. 

• Like (+1) 1

KM had a solid game last week. The play before the missed FG on 3rd and 1 he misses open WR on an out. Throws into turf. Also turns it over for 7 in 1st Qtr. He had a good game but far from perfect. Cards will be tough. But 8-2 would be unreal with bye week coming. Think we will see Bills ready to go. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

NO!  Not Mongo!  NO!

49 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Kay loves Josh

Kyle Loves the Bills and Josh

Nate said he’d believe when they slayed the dragon 🐉 BB and he has. 

Pete will wise up. eventually 

Pete has him some Dolphin Love, no?

Del'Shawn Phillips played seven (7) snaps on ST and 0 on defense.

Coming off IR, playing 7 snaps, then going back on injury report as a DNP - That's not good.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You are ALL going to love this!!

I watched it live when it aired 

Friggen awesome 😎 

Is she actually watching Bills games? Does she not understand her position as a nationally known media type? She's gonna ruin it for all her lazy box score skimming peers.  Great stuff.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He's not done doubting the Bills.  Give me a freekin break!

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

We definitely benefitted from some 'injury luck' earlier in the year with the opposing teams missing some key players, but this feels like the second week in a row that our opponents are getting a bunch of guys back just in time to play us. It is what it is, we won last week and we can do it again. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's just mindboggling to me how after 2 games (one driven by D and ST) Tua is "Truth"

I don’t get it. 

not being a fan of college football I don’t see the players until the play in the big leagues. 

IMO you have to prove yourself and not ride a college career. 

So many Heisman winners have been NFL flops. 

Akin to too much Jay Cutter love and Tim Tebow

love. 

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Oh ok so it only takes 10 games in a season for someone to stop doubting Josh Allen... Yet Tua is hunting the Bills after 2 games.

they were high in September then the 2 games made Pete and Nate doubt. 

Pete is still snake bitten.