Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

I'm a big believer in the mental aspects of competition.  In the "guess the score" thread for the Seattle game, I picked the Bills to win based on the desire to make a statement much like the Dallas Turkey Bowl last year.  The NFL is really an "any given Sunday" league, and winning is as much mental as physical. The Saints aren't that much better than the Bucs, they just wanted/needed to make a statement more than the Over-confident Bucs.  

My point, I'm less confident about this game than I was about the Seahawks.  McD is good at getting the players prepared each week, but players are susceptible to the mental challenges week-to-week.  This is a game the Bills should win because they are the better team, but that mentality, if held by the players, could be their undoing this week...I hope not. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TPS said:

I'm a big believer in the mental aspects of competition.  In the "guess the score" thread for the Seattle game, I picked the Bills to win based on the desire to make a statement much like the Dallas Turkey Bowl last year.  The NFL is really an "any given Sunday" league, and winning is as much mental as physical. The Saints aren't that much better than the Bucs, they just wanted/needed to make a statement more than the Over-confident Bucs.  

My point, I'm less confident about this game than I was about the Seahawks.  McD is good at getting the players prepared each week, but players are susceptible to the mental challenges week-to-week.  This is a game the Bills should win because they are the better team, but that mentality, if held by the players, could be their undoing this week...I hope not. 

Almost hurt Pittsburgh yesterday. You knew they would have a major letdown coming off a win over their biggest rivals in the Ravens. Talent wise the Cowboys shouldn't be on the same field as the Steelers but they almost pulled off the upset.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, TPS said:

This Bills team seems good here though. They dont usually sandbag and generally have a focused attitude. McD does a good job keeping them on point.

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

Beating teams they're better than hasn't been a problem under McDermott. We'll get it done somehow.

Tough, tough game.

They have an extremely talented offense, a creative play caller, and will be coming with an edge after a bad loss.

Gotta stick with the same game plan: play disciplined zone coverage, timely & effective blitzes, make plays on the football defensively.

Offensively, their run D isn’t good, but I would much prefer if Buffalo can take advantage of their corners. Much like Seattle, they’ve got a stick of dynamite back there at safety and they’ll use him everywhere. Use that PA and pump fake game to slow him down.

• Like (+1) 1

Murray's mobility and elusiveness concerns me in this one, not for huge gains but in terms converting 3rd downs and maintaining drives, he really excels there.  We’ll miss Milano again and from memory it was Shaq Lawson who got a lot of the credit when the D were able to contain Lamar Jackson last season.  Does the current D-Line personnel posses the required attributes to contain Murray?

With that said, I do think we can win this game, albeit a close high scoring one, and after last night I can barely wait until Sunday already.

Also wanted to mention that Daboll deserves a lot of credit for the work he's put in this offseason in the gym! :lol: 

10 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

Arizona!!!!

63520672.jpg

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm not saying this is a walk in the park, but people need to set aside the media's perception of the Cardinals and look at the facts: 

They're 5-3. Here's who they've beaten: 

49ers

WFT

Jets

Cowboys

Seahawks

Here's who they've lost to:

Lions

Panthers

Dolphins

I think you have to put asterisks next to the wins against the 49ers and the Seahawks (not to take away from them) because the NFC west has the ability to have weird interdivisional games that actually don't reflect the teams all that much. More so than any other division. Those games are rarely indicative of the team. So take that with a grain of salt. 

Murray is playing decently well, but he's turned the ball over in every game except the Cowboys game, where he completed less than 40% of his passes. 

Overall their defense is worse than ours (but it's close)

I don't see them as any harder of a matchup than the Seahawks, and I think our defense is surging at just the right time. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I'm not saying this is a walk in the park, but people need to set aside the media's perception of the Cardinals and look at the facts: 

They're 5-3. Here's who they've beaten: 

49ers

WFT

Jets

Cowboys

Seahawks

Here's who they've lost to:

Lions

Panthers

Dolphins

I think you have to put asterisks next to the wins against the 49ers and the Seahawks (not to take away from them) because the NFC west has the ability to have weird interdivisional games that actually don't reflect the teams all that much. More so than any other division. Those games are rarely indicative of the team. So take that with a grain of salt. 

Murray is playing decently well, but he's turned the ball over in every game except the Cowboys game, where he completed less than 40% of his passes. 

Overall their defense is worse than ours (but it's close)

I don't see them as any harder of a matchup than the Seahawks, and I think our defense is surging at just the right time. 

I agree. I think they are a good team but not some scarry good team some people think they are

1 hour ago, TPS said:

how do you arrive at an answer as to whether or not your rationale for a loss is correct?  faith?

k. So here’s my weekly “it’s been since 2017 since we scored on defense so we’re due” post. 

..... it’s been since 2017 since we’ve scored on defense so we’re due... tre came up 3 yds short yesterday darn it! 

Also is there a team with a better win resume than us right now? 
5-3 fins

5-3 rams

5-3 raiders 

6-2 hawks  

and our 2 losses are to teams that are a combined 14-3. Geez. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He’ll most likely drop down to 3rd or 4th after our bye but it’s still impressive as hell. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, par73 said:

Tough game out West against a dynamic QB. I really thought they would help out the Bills today by beating Miami, so that is frustrating.

They would likely have if their kicker didn't come up short from 49 yards on a kick that was going right down the middle...no idea how that hapened because the man just hit a 56 yarder a few weeks ago so it isn't like he has range issues...

Dolphins just winning in unsustainable ways the last 2 weeks...relying on defense to score each game, ST returns for TDs, kickers inexplicably missing FGs in a way that almost never happens...

That luck will run out eventually, they are not going 8-0 over the 2nd half of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Besides the Seahawks, who we shellacked yesterday, which ones would you classify as "good wins" ?

Regardless of what someone thinks of the wins, you have to respect the records of teams we have beaten. They are what their record says they are. Rams (5-3), at the Raiders (5-3) and at the the Dolphins (5-3). Add the Seahawks to that resume and our win list cannot be called weak.

Edited by RochesterLifer

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They would likely have if their kicker didn't come up short from 49 yards on a kick that was going right down the middle...no idea how that hapened because the man just hit a 56 yarder a few weeks ago so it isn't like he has range issues...

Dolphins just winning in unsustainable ways the last 2 weeks...relying on defense to score each game, ST returns for TDs, kickers inexplicably missing FGs in a way that almost never happens...

That luck will run out eventually, they are not going 8-0 over the 2nd half of the year.

Gonzalez just mis-hit it. Happens.

Wanna bet he nails a huge one against us? Bet he does...we have a weird history against Arizona kickers...their team has had two kickers in history hit 60-yard FGs: Jay Feely hit a 61-yarder at home against Buffalo in 2012, and Chandler Catanzaro hit a 60-yarder on the road in 2016...against Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1