Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

To me that looked like a classic miscommunication Pick.  WR turned outside, QB thought as turning inside.

That is what happens at times when the QB is throwing with anticipation.

Diggs looked to be taking responsibility for the INT.  He ran up to Allen pointing to his own chest like "its on me".  I'm no lip reader, could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. It's actually a good throw if they're on the same page. My question would be what triggered the miscommunication? My guess is it's a route option dictated by the coverage. Allen saw the coverage do one thing and assumed Diggs would go inside, Diggs didn't see it and went out. No idea though as I'm not an X's and O's guy - it just felt that way. Also could have been just straight up the wrong route. 

I believe it’s an option route where both Diggs and Allen are reading the DBs leverage. Simple miscommunication —best thing about it was that both players went straight to one another and got on the same page with absolutely no animosity whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

One of the great things about this country is that when you see a line you think is ridiculous, instead of just posting about it on a message board, you can actually use it as an opportunity to enrich yourself at the expense of those myopic oddsmakers...Please report back.

Already did! 

• Like (+1) 1

Things that give me hope about this match up:

1) Return of our strong rushing attack (Feliciano made a huge difference)

2) Terrible Seattle pass defense (who covers Diggs?) and below average pass rush

3) 1 PM EST start time for Seattle

4) Seattle's offensive line might be the worst we've faced all season (and that includes the Jets). We should be able to get pressure with four, spy Wilson, and drop 6 into coverage IMO. 

5) If Hyde can come back, we'll have our ideal starting secondary back together for the first time in weeks. And we'll really need it. 

Things that are turning my hair grey about this match up:

1) RUSSELL WILSON (your 2020 MVP)

2) DK 'Six Million Dollar Man' Metcalf (think we need to bracket both Metcalf and Lockett and make their secondary weapons beat us)

3) Seems like Jamal Adams is going to return for this game after missing the past several weeks. So worried about Allen's knees/overall health as a result. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Diggs looked to be taking responsibility for the INT.  He ran up to Allen pointing to his own chest like "its on me".  I'm no lip reader, could be wrong.

I think they even reported that's what he said.  Even before that, on the field as the ball went by him, Diggs body language and expression seemed to be saying, "Oh crap....I screwed that up." Agree with most of these posts...quarterback is playing with anticipation (that's how he is beating blitzes) and those things happen.

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

And the Int didn't seem to be his fault. 

Not by Digg's reaction pointing to himself and seemingly saying "My bad" to Allen when they got to the sideline...

It looked like Alen thought he was going to turn inward and shield the DB and Diggs just stopped and turned around...Allen put the ball in a perfect place if he was throwing the other route...

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

There is always a risk that we get blown out against the league's top performing offence. Maybe you could guesstimate/weight that risk at 20% (I would). If so, a blowout is unlikely. Bills are a funny team. They hang in there with a chance to win against both superior and, oddly, inferior competition (they could actually have beaten the Chiefs, a better team). They don't blow out the competition and they don't seem to get blown out themselves (at least not yet).

Seahawks have to be favoured even if playing a road game but with legit big play capability in the passing game (against a weak secondary) and a run game showing signs of life (God bless Mongo) my expectation is the the Bills will be competitive with Seattle and should have a good punchers chance of winning. I also expect McDermot to react and make the best use possible of what he has on D and strategize fully taking into account the abilities of the opposing offence. I don't doubt his proficiency on that side of the ball. 

Ball control (aka a good ground game) can do a lot to limit Russell (maybe the only thing that can) and I hope Daboll tries to control the clock and run Single and Moss for as long as its productive.

Regarding Metcalf, everybody (except maybe the Bears) got it wrong, very wrong, with Seattle being less wrong than the other teams. Dude was a top 5 pick for sure and I'm glad he's panning out as an elite wideout. If you like football it's great to see that type of rare talent develop. Good time for Tre to start earning his money (I don't want to see Wallace or Johnson trying to cover him, that would be both hilarious and painful to watch).

Blow outs happen when multiple phases don’t hold their own. So we can lose to Seattle 38-42. That’s not a blow out. If they smoke us 35-17, that’s because the defense couldn’t stop them AND the offense couldn’t keep up.

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Looked like Allen asked Diggs if he (Allen) mis-read the DB’s leverage, and Diggs replied with “no that was my bad”

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Blow outs happen when multiple phases don’t hold their own. So we can lose to Seattle 38-42. That’s not a blow out. If they smoke us 35-17, that’s because the defense couldn’t stop them AND the offense couldn’t keep up.

Agreed. I don't expect a blowout (of either team).

20 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Things that give me hope about this match up:

1) Return of our strong rushing attack (Feliciano made a huge difference)

2) Terrible Seattle pass defense (who covers Diggs?) and below average pass rush

3) 1 PM EST start time for Seattle

4) Seattle's offensive line might be the worst we've faced all season (and that includes the Jets). We should be able to get pressure with four, spy Wilson, and drop 6 into coverage IMO. 

5) If Hyde can come back, we'll have our ideal starting secondary back together for the first time in weeks. And we'll really need it. 

Things that are turning my hair grey about this match up:

1) RUSSELL WILSON (your 2020 MVP)

2) DK 'Six Million Dollar Man' Metcalf (think we need to bracket both Metcalf and Lockett and make their secondary weapons beat us)

3) Seems like Jamal Adams is going to return for this game after missing the past several weeks. So worried about Allen's knees/overall health as a result. 

we could not cover jacoby meyers yesterday we have zero chance against Metcalf and Lockett 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Agreed. I don't expect a blowout (of either team).

I am a little concerned that the Bills have gotten pretty similar production against both decent and bad defenses the last 4 weeks. 

Good lord most of the league was so wrong about DK Metcalf, what a freak! Bills defensive coaches must be changing their underwear frequently watching film on that guy.

The Bills had better find their first four games passing offense again to keep up with the 6-1 Seahawks. #1 in scoring points, #3 in yards. 

If Seattle's defense shows up with Jamal Adams return, this game will be a blowout.  I think Seattle's defense is garbage, but will make a few stops.  I doubt the Bills do anything to stop Seattle's offense.  This game has 37-21 written all over it.  It might not be that close.  

The Bills collapse will commence on Sunday.  

8 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

The spread is a trap game, Wise Guys know something. I have a weird feeling we can catch these Hags off guard, flying east, etc..,

The wise guys don't follow this team as close as we do.  Plus, Seahawks are usually fantastic on the games when they have to fly to the east coast.

Edited by Doc Brown

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am a little concerned that the Bills have gotten pretty similar production against both decent and bad defenses the last 4 weeks. 

Something is holding this offence back. Lots of things come to mind but I'm not sure what it is. I suspect coaching, game planning and play calling, but idk. Production should be better than it is against good and bad teams. If the run game comes around esp on early downs maybe things will improve and we go toe to toe with Russell et al. So a shoot out instead of a blowout. Could be a pretty exciting game.

Just now, Hebert19 said:

So do we finally see Tre follow someone this year?   Tre on Lockett and we double metcalf?

I don’t think so... I think you’ll see Tre stick to one side and the coverage roll (the sky/cloud defender—kind of like the 2 in a cover 6) go to the other side of the field.

That really lets the safeties key a bit easier since they don’t have to swap assignments based on pre-snap motion/adjustments.

12 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Something is holding this offence back. Lots of things come to mind but I'm not sure what it is. I suspect coaching, game planning and play calling, but idk. Production should be better than it is against good and bad teams. If the run game comes around esp on early downs maybe things will improve and we go toe to toe with Russell et al. So a shoot out instead of a blowout. Could be a pretty exciting game.

we stopped throwing deep when Brown went out. Brown sometimes took a safety with him and left Diggs in man coverage or soft zone

• Like (+1) 2

So in this game I think you do your best to take away the big play from Wilson. Have White on DK + Double highs. You let Oliver play 1T as they have less to worry about in the run game. Force Wilson to play small ball against 7-8 man zones and get them to kick FGs.

meanwhile you attack the Hawks secondary which has been putrid. They actually have a decent run D, but in this game you let Allen and those WRs feast.

The goal is to get the Hawks to trade FGs for Buffalo TDs.

you accept that Wilson is going to hit 75% of his passes...just make sure they’re not anything over 20 yards, and make sure the median is near 10. Make that YPA under 7. Make him play small ball. 

16 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

It’s the running game. We’ve had about 4 straight teams take a look at the Buffalo offense and decide that Allen’s arm wasn’t the thing that was going to beat them. 

The Pats game was the first time the Bills offense really punished a defense for doing that. Pats flooded 7-8 DBs into the zones, and Buffalo responded by running for almost 200 yards.

We’ll see how the Hawks respond. If I were them I’d let Buffalo run rather than give Allen opportunities downfield 

4 minutes ago, appoo said:

It’s the running game. We’ve had about 4 straight teams take a look at the Buffalo offense and decide that Allen’s arm wasn’t the thing that was going to beat them. 

The Pats game was the first time the Bills offense really punished a defense for doing that. Pats flooded 7-8 DBs into the zones, and Buffalo responded by running for almost 200 yards.

We’ll see how the Hawks respond. If I were them I’d let Buffalo run rather than give Allen opportunities downfield 

Josh also checked into some run plays.  Something he would've never done his first two years so that's a sign of growth.  Last year Pats home game he forced some throws down the field and the interceptions pry ended up costing us the game.  Josh Allen not doing anything stupid (the INT I put on Diggs) is a huge reason on why we should've put up 28 on a Bill Belichick coached defense that has given Allen fits in the past.

The Seahawks defensive coaching isn't as strong with Ken Norton Jr. at the helm.  We should have more opportunities to throw downfield on them.

48 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

If Seattle's defense shows up with Jamal Adams return, this game will be a blowout.  I think Seattle's defense is garbage, but will make a few stops.  I doubt the Bills do anything to stop Seattle's offense.  This game has 37-21 written all over it.  It might not be that close.  

Just stop. You’re well on your way to a Crusading Warning. You don’t like the Bills. You’ve made it known. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Will you agree to delete your account and never come back if the Bills win?

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Seattle’s D was every bit as bad with Adams as they’ve been without him.   What else we got

Edited by Chuck Schick

3 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The line is Seahags -3! 😂🙄👎🏻

NO CHANCE! Should be 6+. 

Russell May torch the Sunday Beer League D, for 6-7 TDs.

Hope, I’m wrong... but...there needs to be some significant up grade acquisitions! PRONTO!

So it should be an easy $5000 bet for you then. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Anyone else notice how many angry Pats fans are on the board today predicting the Bills demise starting this week? Guess at 2-5 I wouldn’t want to be looking at that ugly Pats logo one their fan boards either. 

I haven't noticed yet

43 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Anyone else notice how many angry Pats fans are on the board today predicting the Bills demise starting this week? Guess at 2-5 I wouldn’t want to be looking at that ugly Pats logo one their fan boards either. 

So posters like the one who goes by High Football IQ are actually Pats fans?    I actually was beginning to think he was a Dolphins fan...

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I mean our whole division plays a very similarly difficult schedule soooo our 'demise' will most likely result in a division win still even if it happens lol

• Like (+1) 1