Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

4 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Will be curious to see the line, probably at least 8 point Seahawk favorites.

But yes this week will be very dismal in terms of a reality check and back to another Titans/Chiefs type of outing from this team.

Snacks Harrison and Carlos Dunlap will also likely be making their debuts against the Bills which will help their defense against Allen and this offense.

This is why the house cleans up, because this is an absolutely clueless post about how lines are made. It'll be Seahawks -3/-2,5.

• Like (+1) 3

It’s fun when you try to compare who beat who HS. Cards beat Hawks. Hawks handled 49ers who blew out the Pats. Who beat Dolphins. So therefore Dolphins have no chance against Cards. See how silly it gets. 

Individual games and match ups is the NFL. Week to week. Let’s see if we upset the Hawks. 

I tend to be really positive but we’re going to need a combination of luck and stellar play to win this one. Wilson is on another level. Their offense is going to be a mismatch nightmare for us. 

The only way i see us winning is if we have our best offensive game of the season and somehow get some turnovers via a Carson fumble or special teams turnover. 

There is absolutely no way we even stay within 10pts of Seattle if we lose the turnover battle. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Please no. Love my 1PM games. And the Bills play like poop in prime time. 

I can kind of see your point on the Bills playing poorly in primetime but love 1PM?  After 20 years of pretty much nonstop 1PM I am so tired of them.  Almost makes me wish the city of Buffalo would lift into the sky and move to the west coast so we can at least get some more 4PM games.

4 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

per Mike Clay:

The Seahawks' offense has scored 4+ TDs in every game this season. Russ has thrown at least 3 in all but one game.

yikes for this weeks game 

time for White to have an impact game.  And Oliver on the D line.  

58 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I haven't knocked him on this game, but it wasn't much of a test. We've known Tre to lock down the best receivers, so Seattle is a prime opportunity to do that once again.

Imo it’s less about White than CB2. Against the Cards Patrick Peterson locked up Metcalf and Lockett went for 200 and 3TDs

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Well there is more to the story. The offense is great but they have had to put up points in bunches because their defense is awful.  And they are one dimensional.  AZ beat them with the blitz and New England almost beat them dropping a bunch of guys in coverage.  McD needs to commit and not half-ass it.  He either needs to be super aggressive and don't worry about giving up a long one OR he needs to drop 7-8 and play two deep safeties.  The Bills offense needs to get TDs early and hold onto the ball for long stretches.

Good post.

4 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Every year we find out this never matters. 

Undaunted, it’s a thing..🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Now that I've had a little while to calm down from today's emotional roller-coaster ride, I actually feel good about this game.  Do I think we'll win?  I can't say that I do, however it certainly can be done.  Seattle has already proven that their defense is suspect. The additions they've made have been upgrades on paper, but the bottom line is they can be scored upon, from the ground AND through the air. 

Someone mentioned in another thread that perhaps now that Buffalo has gotten the proverbial monkey off their back by beating New England today, that they may be able to settle down a bit, and play looser.  I can definitely see that being the case.  Having Brown back in the lineup and at 100% was immediately noticeable today, IMO, and finally getting the running game going was very encouraging, considering that NE's strength on D was stopping the run.  Feliciano was a sight for sore eyes, and we are a COMPLETELY different team with him in there.  I expect to see more of the same next Sunday, and I know Allen will be able to capitalize on some play-action.  I think this is the week we finally get our offense clicking on all cylinders.  

The defense though.....Russell Wilson at this point in the season is the unanimous MVP and it's not close, and if we couldn't stop Cam Newton, two future used car salesman and a FedEx delivery driver,  I don't have alot of faith in us stopping Russ & Co.  If Josh Allen plays his best football, a shootout is my hope for us to sneak away a victory.  Either way though, a loss to an NFC opponent, specifically a team as good as the Seahawks, isn't that bad.  But I'd love to see us steal one like this to give us wiggle room down the home stretch if we were to lose one we should've won...gonna be a great game and I'm pumped regardless.

This. I hope Morse will be ok soon, but he’s threatening his future with numerous concussions. He’s great in Pass pro but not in the run game. Feliciano at Center is great in the run game, only so-so in Pass pro.

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

Next Sunday the weather is projected to be mid 60s and sunny.  Optimum weather for passing offenses.  Bills will be challenged to keep up with the Seattle offense.

Waaaaay to early to forecast the weather 7 days in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Good post.

Undaunted, it’s a thing..🤦‍♂️

This. I hope Morse will be ok soon, but he’s threatening his future with numerous concussions. He’s great in Pass pro but not in the run game. Feliciano at Center is great in the run game, only so-so in Pass pro.

Waaaaay to early to forecast the weather 7 days in the future.

Agree, I'm VERY concerned for Morse.  That totally sucked seeing him go out, especially with getting Feliciano back.  With the concussion protocol, and this being his I don't know how many, isn't he likely to miss two games at the very least??

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

Next Sunday the weather is projected to be mid 60s and sunny.  Optimum weather for passing offenses.  Bills will be challenged to keep up with the Seattle offense.

just looked that up. It is basically supposed to be 70 degrees. Should be a fun game 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

I mean I agree todays win was important but bills fans said the same thing last week. 

Both weeks were important, you not only need division wins but you also need to get fat against bad opponents. This is a tough two game stretch and you needed to go into this stretch 6-2. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Both weeks were important, you not only need division wins but you also need to get fat against bad opponents. This is a tough two game stretch and you needed to go into this stretch 6-2. 

If you want to make playoffs and get knocked out the first round. Make a statement. Beat a legit team that you’ll face in the playoffs in the AFC. 

9 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

If you want to make playoffs and get knocked out the first round. Make a statement. Beat a legit team that you’ll face in the playoffs in the AFC. 

All wins count equally, you have to take care of the teams you are supposed to beat and then pick off some of the games you aren't favored in. I fully agree that the Bills need that signature win against a likely playoff opponent. But while you are looking for that win you have to take care of business against lesser teams so that you can make the playoffs. 

They’re a good team, no question. But they’re not a deep team -with mostly jags populating their roster. Metcalf is quickly becoming a superstar and Wilson already is. But there isn’t much more to them. It helps that they travel cross country and play at 10:00am their time and this is likely figured in with Vegas betting. I agree with most here who think we’ll have to match them with TDs while sacrificing run defense for more pass defense. Our 1st effort at this style gameplan didn’t work out vs KC. But the methodology seems sound given our defensive predicament. Hey, if we didn’t fumble in the 4th quarter, a different outcome may have happened -even while looking pretty shoddy in its execution. 

Yes, an NFC loss has little bearing other than the W/L column, but I don’t believe it will only be an ‘on any given Sunday’ premise that could see a win this week.