At 4-0 Bills Have a Comfortable Cushion for Playoffs Run

Having won all 4 games thus far the Bills can go .500 the rest of the season and be in very comfortable position to make the playoffs. That would put them at 10-6 and at that record could still be the division winner. Now I am not at all saying they will go 6-6 the rest of the season, but barring injury to Allen I see them going at worst 7-5, and that is my worst case scenario. If the Titans game goes on as scheduled Sunday Tennessee will be very depleted missing so many players. Suddenly that game is extremely winnable if it goes on. Chiefs game will be so tough, but Buffalo can pull it off. At that point Bills are 6-0 or 5-1 at worst. 

• Like (+1) 2

it’s a great feeling, isn’t it?  Even if we throw in a stinker later in the season against a team we definitely should have beaten “on paper”, we don’t have to pray that everything from that point forward goes our way in order to make the playoffs (or, maybe this year’s case, to get a home playoff game).

2 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

Having won all 4 games thus far the Bills can go .500 the rest of the season and be in very comfortable position to make the playoffs. That would put them at 10-6 and at that record could still be the division winner. Now I am not at all saying they will go 6-6 the rest of the season, but barring injury to Allen I see them going at worst 7-5, and that is my worst case scenario. If the Titans game goes on as scheduled Sunday Tennessee will be very depleted missing so many players. Suddenly that game is extremely winnable if it goes on. Chiefs game will be so tough, but Buffalo can pull it off. At that point Bills are 6-0 or 5-1 at worst. 

NE will probably lose tonight so that would give the Bills a 2 game in lead in the division already. I can't see the Pats having much of a chance at KC especially without Cam. As for the Bills I just take it one game at a time but the odds have to be really good they make it with the 4-0 start.

• Like (+1) 1

All I can keep thinking about is the year they started 5-0 under Trent Edwards, who is no Josh Allen....he wasn't even Joe Dufek (look it up) and then went 2-8 or something like that.    But a very familiar feeling so far - we're all pretty giddy right now.  Allen looks fantastic as does the entire offense.  Need to get the defense shored up for the games coming.  Should be a fun ride....

Regardless of win loss the chiefs game is a mini super bowl for us. I know we want to crush New England but if we can hang with or even beat KC it catapults this team to huge expectations nationwide. Obviously the defense hasn’t given many reasons to think they can force a turnover or a punt vs KC. It’s a good measuring stick for expectations for me anyways 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, chaccof said:

All I can keep thinking about is the year they started 5-0 under Trent Edwards, who is no Josh Allen....he wasn't even Joe Dufek (look it up) and then went 2-8 or something like that.    But a very familiar feeling so far - we're all pretty giddy right now.  Allen looks fantastic as does the entire offense.  Need to get the defense shored up for the games coming.  Should be a fun ride....

4-0 with Edwards.

Edwards also had 11 TD passes all of 2008.  Allen has 12 through 4 games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, chaccof said:

KC will tear than defense apart.   Josh will need to light it up that evening, which he can do

Can’t help but think about 

Ravens, Titans and Chiefs from 2019.

Still feel there is a team out there that will middle it until Thanksgiving...and then catch fire and hit playoffs humming.

now with 7 seeds in Playoffs there is more room for that unknown how team that is 4-7 and goes and wins final 5 and hits playoffs on fire.

6 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Can’t help but think about 

Ravens, Titans and Chiefs from 2019.

Still feel there is a team out there that will middle it until Thanksgiving...and then catch fire and hit playoffs humming.

now with 7 seeds in Playoffs there is more room for that unknown how team that is 4-7 and goes and wins final 5 and hits playoffs on fire.

After watching them play on GamePass and checking their schedule think the Browns might get the Playoffs. They have plenty of cupcakes they can power run on. Colts could do it too. That match up this Sunday is huge for its lower seed Playoffs implications.

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan

25 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

1 game at a time

Tenn game is massive. Win that and we can afford a loss vs the Chiefs, going into the NE game 6-1 would be so crucial. 

our defense needs to improve though, Titans will be a huge test with their power run game

Our SB window is now open!

We need to beat the best teams is we are going to legitimately contend for the championship.
   IF we beat KC, NE, Pitt. and Tenn. we have a great chance to get the one seed.

One game at a time, for sure,  but this team (with an awakening D) is starting to show the right stuff.

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

4-0 with Edwards.

Edwards also had 11 TD passes all of 2008.  Allen has 12 through 4 games.

My bad.  I just recall that got hurt (concussion I believe) and wasn't the same after he came back.  

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

What is the opposite of a jinx? I'd like to do that right now please.

Opposite is deal with Devil or Rumpelstiltskin.  What are you willing to offer? 

3 hours ago, chaccof said:

I had a concussion and forgot about it. Remind me. Lack of oxygen in that terrible Arizona stadium may have something to do with it with seat under hang, behind a girder and I could see 1/3 of the video screen.  Yea for new stadiums paid for PSLs which they need to squeeze as many seats as possible to recover costs not milked from taxpayers.

If KC holds on against New England and Buffalo beats the Titans next week, bring this up again and see if we're any more comfortable.  Probably not.  If we then beat the Chiefs the following Thursday, then maybe.

6 hours ago, thronethinker said:

Even if the Titans had their full roster that game would be extremely winnable.