QB Derek Carr 'sick of losing' after Bills loss

inthebuff

Carr sick of losing 

"I'm sick of losing," Carr said. "I'm sick of working as hard as I do, and as we do, and going out there and losing. I mean, it sucks. Enough is enough.

"The things that are hurting us in these close games is not them; it's us. That's the hard part to swallow."

Although Carr had a strong day throwing the ball against a stingy Bills defense -- he finished 32-of-44 for 311 yards and two touchdowns and has yet to throw an interception in 144 pass attempts -- he lost another fumble in the fourth quarter.

The Raiders are an incredibly boring team.  They try to kill you with a million cuts like the Patriots use to, problem is they are too emotional and undisciplined to sustain those type of drives.   Carr is decent Quarterback but he checks down way way too much to be anything more than a .500 QB in the league.

Just want to add that Jonathan Abram is a complete ghoul, and outside of launching himself helmet first into players he is useless.   If the Raiders want to be a serious football team they need to stop trying to be the "Raaiddahs" and put together a more disciplined team.  

• Like (+1) 7

Carr is the type of QB who’s good enough to not constantly be looking for a replacement but not good enough to beat the better teams in the League.  I bet Mariota is playing by the end of the season and not because Carr gets injured.  Gruden  didn’t come out of MNF booth to go 8-8.  

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Carr is the type of QB who’s good enough to not constantly be looking for a replacement but not good enough to beat the better teams in the League.  I bet Mariota is playing by the end of the season and not because Carr gets injured.  Gruden  didn’t come out of MNF booth to go 8-8.  

He came back to the sidelines for that 10 yr. $100 deal!

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, teef said:

they make too many mistakes.  the bills had two tds off of turnovers.  having the td called back.  we were that team once...putting up a fight but always coming up short.

My son is in kindergarten and he capitalizes the first letter of each sentence because he isn’t going to Boston College.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

My son is in kindergarten and he capitalizes the first letter of each sentence because he isn’t going to Boston College.

my daughter is in kindergarten, and she'll knock the ***** out of your son.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2-2    Sick of losing

Thats the spirit.  

Not for nothing, but it really is.  If we were 2-2 I’d be pissed off if Allen was fine with it.  I’d want him to be angry about those two losses.  I don’t love Carr as a QB, but that’s the right attitude.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Carr has talent and can read defenses, but I don’t trust him when the game is on the line. Doesn’t give me the impression he has the same poise Allen has. 

Hypocritical fans....apparently you don't remember Allen eating a ridiculous sack to take us out of field goal range which almost gave them a chance....or the ridiculous lateral from the Houston playoffs. 

Carr is a damn good Qb, the Raiders simply don't have it all clicking, fortunately we do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Carr is such a whiner and arrogant dude. I used to like him but I cannot stand him now.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Your daughter doesn’t even know the one finger death punch.  Its more efficient than the five finger death punch because its less phalanges.

Its sort of like 6 minute abs instead of 7 minute abs.  

What does this have to do with male reproductive organs?

Edited by whatdrought

15 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Hypocritical fans....apparently you don't remember Allen eating a ridiculous sack to take us out of field goal range which almost gave them a chance....or the ridiculous lateral from the Houston playoffs. 

Carr is a damn good Qb, the Raiders simply don't have it all clicking, fortunately we do. 

I remember it all. I don’t want Carr anywhere near my team, that guy isn’t a winner, Allen is, thank goodness for Bills fans. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Before Mariota's injury, rumors were that he was behind Peterman. It was said that Gruden was shocked at how inept Mariota was in camp. 0% chance Mariota takes over.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Yes, Allen took a bad loss on that one play. Prior to that he had actually thrown the ball away 4 times to avoid a loss. The Houston game? Really? Is that even relevant at this point with what we've seen from Allen this year so far? Carr is alright and he had some hella nice throws yesterday, but I'm taking Allen 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Allen has a clutch gene in him you just can't teach, a trait that Carr does not possess. Allen is also more of a "leader of men" person than Carr is. At the end of the day, one team is 4-0 and their QB is a legitimate MVP candidate. The other is 2-2 and their QB is not. 

Edited by H2o

Hatred of losing is a hallmark in most uber-competitive people. I'd bet every NFL QB has it. So him being "sick of losing" is a good thing. Now it is how does he handle his sick feeling? Does he find a way to work harder, leader better and elevate his team's play? Or does he burnout and eventually lose his job or his "love for the game?"

Carr's little venting session to the media is indicative of poor leadership.

Overall, Carr had a pretty decent game and has played well this season.  His comments basically boil down to him calling out his teammates.

No bueno.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

Carr's little venting session to the media is indicative of poor leadership.

Overall, Carr had a pretty decent game and has played well this season.  His comments basically boil down to him calling out his teammates.

No bueno.

Did you actually hear it or does anyone have a linky?  Because it's not like the media never pulls anything out of context to create controversy :rolleyes::flirt: