Kaepernick An 81 OVR FA QB In Madden 21

H2o

https://theundefeated.com/features/colin-kaepernick-returns-to-madden-for-first-time-since-2016/

I know some on the board still play Madden. I know my kids are into it. I'll also play against them every now and again. This made me have a good laugh though. An 81 overall for a QB who hasn't played in 4 years and is a 58% career passer? :lol: Josh is rated at 77 OVR on the game and is the lowest rated starting QB, but the 4 years dormant Kap is the better QB? The 81 OVR rating is the same as Ben Ro and better than 4 more other than Josh. With those being Tannehill, Mayfield, Carr, and Cam. 

• Haha (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://theundefeated.com/features/colin-kaepernick-returns-to-madden-for-first-time-since-2016/

I know some on the board still play Madden. I know my kids are into it. I'll also play against them every now and again. This made me have a good laugh though. An 81 overall for a QB who hasn't played in 4 years and is a 58% career passer? :lol: Josh is rated at 77 OVR on the game and is the lowest rated starting QB, but the 4 years dormant Kap is the better QB? The 81 OVR rating is the same as Ben Ro and better than 4 more other than Josh. With those being Tannehill, Mayfield, Carr, and Cam. 

Obvious virtue signaling 

• Like (+1) 12

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I haven't played since 2005.  It's really gone downhill?  Is there any other football game that's good?

It's not that it's gone downhill so much that the meme that the game never changes, they just refresh rosters and slap a new logo on the box finally became EA's official product roadmap. Even the music is unchanged this year from what I can tell, and the NFL films music is gone.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

Under Jim Harbaugh, Kaepernick had a lot of success including back to back championship appearances and a super bowl appearance . It's tough to assume that the coaching carousel of Tomsula and Chip Kelly, along with a bunch of injuries didn't have a significant impact on his last couple of seasons.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Was he even 81 overall when he was actually playing? He was never much of a passer, just a dangerous rusher.

BTW, I think Allen's rating is accurate.

I think he's a better passer than given credit for. He had some big games. 

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I haven't played since 2005.  It's really gone downhill?  Is there any other football game that's good?

EA cornered the market. There's no competition allowed in the genre anymore. It allows them to pump out the same game basically with an updated roster. There are a few differences from this year and last, but I guess at this point they can only change so much until it becomes fully VR. 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s hilarious how Kaepernick triggers some people more than Joe Mixon. 

Who is triggered? Seems like most are discussing it pretty calmly and objectively. And mostly they are discussing Madden issues apart from Kaepernick.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Madden pisses me off but I’m stuck on it.

This Madden is the worst one technical wise that I’ve ever played. Many bugs and issues, the logos for the Titans and Vikings are even switched, the game gets laggy on field goals so expect some wide, wide misses

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Kaeperknick being ranked 81 is disrespectful to every starting qb in the NFL.  Blaine Gabbert out played him.  That year Kap was like 74.  Now hes 81?  I guess sales are down and need the pub.

Madden always uses Keap controversies to draw up buzz, that’s why they always include songs that mention him. Free PR.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've heard the new Madden is terrible.  0.4 I believe rating on one gaming rating site.

People honestly just hate the Madden franchise. 

I played Madden for twenty plus years and I think it's a good game. Nothing innovative but not crap

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

People honestly just hate the Madden franchise. 

I played Madden for twenty plus years and I think it's a good game. Nothing innovative but not crap

I always heard positive reviews on Madden when I played.  Doesn't appear to be anymore.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/9/2/21418189/madden-nfl-21-glitches-videos-clips

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I always heard positive reviews on Madden when I played.  Doesn't appear to be anymore.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/9/2/21418189/madden-nfl-21-glitches-videos-clips

People have been complaining for honestly close to 5-7 years now

Ever since 2K lost license people find everything to complain about

But I really liked last year's and I think this year's has the potential to be better. They can and do updates all the time

Madden is basically the only game I play

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

People have been complaining for honestly close to 10 years now

But I really liked last year's and I think this year's has the potential to be better. They can and do updates all the time

what did they update this time? and how is worth $60?

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Under Jim Harbaugh, Kaepernick had a lot of success including back to back championship appearances and a super bowl appearance . It's tough to assume that the coaching carousel of Tomsula and Chip Kelly, along with a bunch of injuries didn't have a significant impact on his last couple of seasons.

I think he's a better passer than given credit for. He had some big games. 

People act like he was a total bum, yes he had bad seasons in 2015 and 2016 (In fact he had his best season in 2014 when the Niners talent level dipped but he still had a solid year and the Niners went 8-8 the last year Harbaugh was there) but the Niners were a complete dumpster fire in those post Harbaugh Pre-Shanny years. If he hit free agency in 2017 with no baggage he probably would have either been brought on to compete with a young QB or be in a premium backup situation like NOLA. Maybe he would have been out of the league by 2020 or maybe he would have hung around. We don't know. 

However by the time he left San Francisco there definitely would have been takers for him in a bad situation to start or a good situation to be a backup. Considering he hasn't played since 2016 I would argue that in 2017 Kap probably would have been rated 77-79 as a QB not too far off from 81 everyone seems to be mocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

People have been complaining for honestly close to 10 years now

Madden is basically the only game I play

Madden takes years to add in features from past Madden games and even NFL2k5/All Pro Football 2k8. Unfortunately when you discontinue Pepsi in favor of Coke the Pepsi fans are going to not be completely satisfied. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

what did they update this time? and how is worth $60?

Well it's only worth $60 to you if you like playing Madden. And they added a few new game modes. That can be played offline or online with friends

Franchise mode got some updates

If you've been playing long enough you know there's nothing groundbreaking year-to-year. But the new game mode called the yard is fun

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Alright what are those updates?

Dude I don't follow esports that closely. I don't know what every update does

Playing franchise mode is absolutely fun with your friends. And they said they're going to make updates three or four times based on feedback

What are you looking for?

@H2o

@Royale with Cheese

Royale, I am an old man and I still play.  I prefer it to fantasy football.  No offense at all to fantasy, but FF gets in the way of my enjoyment on Sunday, while Madden lets me take part ad actually control something.

My experience goes back to the 90s...I am simply a casual player who usually loses interests, generally, when the Bills go down for the season.  I am also one of the 2K guys that curses the day that Madden won the football derby (2005, I believe, when they became the only game in town).

I also have been watching the Youtube reviews from some of the more active Madden Youtubers.

Is it bad compared to years past?  Well, let's just say they didn't make many improvements and the game has its problems.

Should there be two teams over at EA Tiberon working on this game, with one team producing a game every two years?  Yes, but who the hell is going to listen to me on that one?

Should there be more than one company making NFL games?  So very yes and the NFL is going to have to get over itself on this one.  Competition is a good thing and the vanguard of what these games used to give us can simply be summed up in ESPN NFL 2k5 and Madden 05...the last, and best year there were two.  

That said, after nearly 17 years of purchases, and my first purchase coming in '93, how can I help but get this game when I see an overall rating for the Bills at 83 (highest I've seen since my first purchase in 93) and the Pats at 79?!

It's like Cocaine...or really good pasta, take your pick.   

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2