RB Antonio Williams signs with Bills (Again)

jamiezzz

Didn't see this topic created, but may have missed it looking back a few pages.  My apologies if this has already been posted.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/8/30/21407999/buffalo-bills-sign-rb-antonio-williams-again#comments

Running back Antonio Williams is heading back to the Buffalo Bills, per a report from Ryan Talbot. Williams has had quite the spring and summer after being picked up as an undrafted free agent by the Bills following the 2020 NFL Draft.

With rosters doing a little trimming early this year, Antonio Williams was released by Buffalo on August 5. Two weeks later it was announced that Williams was joining his alma mater UNC as a student assistant coach while working toward his degree. While the Tar Heels are expected to be playing this year, one more chance to make it onto an NFL roster is a tough opportunity to pass up.

With roster cuts coming in just under one week and no preseason games to highlight his skills, Williams may be banking on a different path to the regular season. Zack Moss was listed as a non-contact participant during Sunday’s practice and Taiwan Jones has been missing time with a knee injury. With the injury to Jones seemingly more significant at the moment Williams’s return to Western New York is likely an insurance plan in the event the special teams ace can’t suit up for the regular season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Poor guy

My guess is he will be back and forth a few times depending on the team needs.  It is a rough life for some of these guys and this year is going to be especially bad.  I expect the Bills will be moving people on and off the PS with regularity as minor injuries creep up to assure they have the depth they want.

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So no Jonnothan Harrison, or is this just an insurance move?

Unsure because not sure if Harrison is a PS type or a rostered type. Not sure of his options but reportedly the Jets were looking for him to possibly come back at some point 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bring in Zach Brown or Nigel Bradham for a visit. Also a few punters please 

Was thinking about zach brown while watching aj Klein in sunday.  Could brown actually be better at this point in his career?

7 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Thinking about a Yeldon trade with the multitude of injuries.

Thus the depth

Interesting. .... Also, is Moss more hurt than we thought?

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Lol, why does Williams need to "visit"?

COVID protocol?

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Interesting. .... Also, is Moss more hurt than we thought?

COVID protocol?

I figured the Bills would just keep testing him since he is bound to be brought back again and again so they can make him the next cut when needed...

9 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Thinking about a Yeldon trade with the multitude of injuries.

Thus the depth

No one is giving up an asset for Yeldon, there a bunch of guys sitting at home that will give 'TJ Yeldon like' production.

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I’m thinking there are actually at least three and perhaps four Antonio Williamses. 

I'm picturing him showing up to OBD with different moustaches and glasses convincing Beane and McDermott he is another Antonio Williams, not the guy they just cut, then still using his old swipe card/security codes to get around......

• Haha (+1) 2