Another foot injury for Tyler Kroft

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Maybe not a bad idea, a pass route is a pass route, he is big enough to block if needed. Dude has good hands.

yeah I'd like the idea if it was simply a matter of swapping him in there, like if you were playing Madden or something. 

If they could make it work, sure, but it'd be too difficult for him to learn a brand new position in time to make him a viable option.
If we wanted help now (which i hope we do) it'd be better to just sign a legitimate TE instead, hopefully 1 without a history of injuries like Kroft.

Kroft like Murphy are the 2 signings i didn't like from the start. But you win some & you lose some. If Kroft had stayed healthy we'd be singing a different tune. A GM can't hit on every acquisition. Beane has hit on more than he's missed on... I'm good with that.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'll say it again -- Kroft's ankles and feet don't look big enough to carry his weight.   

If I had to guess, he seems like a natural 190-pound guy who's bulked up and his body can't handle the stress from the extra weight...

Kroft.jpg

I would call that a wild a** guess

Terrible contract for this guy.........

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes Bean has done such a horrible job

Just because Beane has done a good job overall doesn't mean that he can't make a mistake here or there. Kroft was a big mistake from Beane. Both signing him last year and signing him to a new deal when they could have cut him cheaper was a mistake.

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Just because Beane has done a good job overall doesn't mean that he can't make a mistake here or there. Kroft was a big mistake from Beane. Both signing him last year and signing him to a new deal when they could have cut him cheaper was a mistake.

Possibly, but grand scheme and all that it’s really not a big deal. The experience was probably a factor with two rookies in the tight end corps. And neither of them evokes much confidence yet.

4 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Why can't we seem to get a stud TE like Kelce or the Gronk. Gronk was from south Buffalo and we missed this guy somehow.

Gronk wasn't exactly the picture of health.  How many games did he miss with his broken arm/elbow, sphincter, or whatever he had?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Irv said:

He should put his foot down, and demand better quality cleats. 

No, he should keep both feet elevated all the time.  He only risks injury when his feet are on the ground.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Sure.....just show me to the posts where Scottlaw says Beane has done a good job overall

WHich he has

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where?  Seriously....I've been hunting for news about the TE

I think maybe "good camp" might be an overstatement. I read a tweet, or two about him making a play, or two at some point in the last couple weeks... I'm pretty sure... yeah... I'm pretty sure. Couldn't tell you where, though... but, I'm pretty sure I read that tweet somewhere..... go Bills...

The Kroft signing, contract and continued existence on the Bills roster is mind boggling.  Beane (and McD) have done well overall and I like most of what they’ve done, but Kroft and a few other moves/decisions have been predictably terrible.

Edited by BarleyNY

When you look at the Bills cap list two names really jump out: Murphy at #4 and Kroft at #16. Those two guys eat up 7% of the Bills’ cap this season. I wouldn’t mind seeing them both go unless Kroft’s foot thing is minor. 

19 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Completely agree.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we see a trade for another TE in the next 24-48 hours.   I really do feel bad for the guy.  No, getting your foot stepped on isn't your fault, but dang this guy is as unlucky as they come when it comes to injuries and more specifically, getting on the field for the Bills.  Something's gotta give sooner than later..

The most important ability is availability.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I just never understood why teams pay pro personal so much money in front office when they could just put a poll on a fan website and get better results. ?

If they did we would have had John Skelton as 20 year probowl starting QB!

There were many draft picks over the years where we could’ve done better picking from a mock draft.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where?  Seriously....I've been hunting for news about the TE

I've heard Sal say it more than once on GR "Don't discount Croom making the 53, he's had a solid camp". 

Plus there is a love connection to the owner's family.  And as we all know, nepotism is the best -ism.