Jags cut Fournette; clears waivers (update - signing with Tampa)

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

True but I trust Beane more than those morons in Jax.  

I do too, but end of the day, no one wanted to pay even a 7th round pick for him and no one claimed him on waivers even with a relatively reasonable contract in terms of his talent.  

Again, not saying Beane wont claim him, just saying claiming to trade is a wasteful practice.  Jags tried to give him away and cut him when they couldn't where he then went completely unclaimed.  

Interest is very very low on him.  If we sign him, it wont be to try and flip him for a draft pick.  Now on the other hand, if we sign him and he plays great and they want to keep him, they certainly could try and flip Devin or Moss for some draft assets and there would be a lot of interest in those guys.  

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

is he officially going there?  That is literally the place I assumed from the get go he would end up.  Also figured Rams, Texans, and Washington could be options as well.

Arians sounded way into it yesterday. Shady’s time there may be short.

Bucs - Fournette.  Called it.  Not saying would happen, but was a likely chance.  Teams can always find $ of they want to do it.  They have aRB, and a couple of TE’s they can jettison to make up most of it.  Not Gronk, Brate, Howard, but the other two.

They are win now with Brady.  Fournette increas3s those chances.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills never made sense as a suitor. 

Bucs make perfect sense as a suitor.

Exactly, The Bucs have an offense that needed a big back since their backfield was mediocre to average at best. The Bills didn't have a need with a quality somewhat proven back in Singletary and a somewhat high draft choice for a RB in Moss splitting the load. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Arians sounded way into it yesterday. Shady’s time there may be short.

annnnd there it is. 

16 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Looks like shady is gonna be doing a lot of bench riding again this year

or they just dump him. Shady’s chasing yardage records at this point he’s not gonna want to stick around with Jones and Fournette ahead of him. 

I never thought he was a serious option for Buffalo.  The team likes the versatility Singletary and Moss offer as runners.  Fournette, while good, is more one-dimensional.  That means he’d end up 3rd on the depth chart.  For a RB that wouldn’t get many carries, would not contribute on special teams, and would carry a $4M price tag.  PLUS a RB who allegedly had locker room issues in the past, the deal just didn’t make sense for a position not of need.

I think if you follow the moves Beane makes, you knew this was a deal that probably wasn’t going to happen.  Just like you know Clowney to Buffalo will never happen this year 

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills never made sense as a suitor. 

Bucs make perfect sense as a suitor.

No wonder why your screename is “Logic.”  This move couldn’t have been summarized any more concise!

Edited by JohnNord
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Fournette is meh. 

So is Ronald Jones. Shady has too many miles on him and the writing was on the wall when Andy Reid sat him in the playoffs. Fournette has strength and speed. No allusiveness and he seems to be someone of a blockhead when it comes to protecting the quarterback. Hopefully Ronald Jones can be Miss Brady‘s protector, because that offence of line (sic)is not set up to succeed in that role. Who am I kidding? I hope they all fail.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2

Running back Leonard Fournette agreed to join the team, he confirmed Wednesday on Twitter, just two days after he was waived by the Jacksonville Jaguars. His one-year deal carries a base salary of $2 million and is worth up to $3.5 million, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported.13 hours ago

• 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Remember when people didn't want Fournette because Singleary was "special"   hahaha

Really - I am supposed to want Fournette because why - on a good rushing team he hit 55 yards.  

No I still do not want Fournette.

He just is not anything special.

46 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Remember when people didn't want Fournette because Singleary was "special"   hahaha

Fournette has been AWFUL in Tampa.  He had one good run where he initially was stopped for a 3 yard gain but Green Bay couldnt tackle.

Bell would have been a better pickup but he chose the Chiefs.

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Really - I am supposed to want Fournette because why - on a good rushing team he hit 55 yards.  

No I still do not want Fournette.

He just is not anything special.

Playoff Lenny is better than anything on our roster.

51 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Playoff Lenny is better than anything on our roster.

He had one 20 yard run - other than that he was worse than either of our RBs all day.

This on a team with a better run blocking OL.  

Nothing really suggests he is anything more than a JAG - just like our guys.

So no - I would not take him to be on this team - rather have our guys at a lesser price if you are just getting a JAG RB.

Fournette is a special talent, if his head is on right he could be really really good.   His TD run yesterday showed what he can be.  Of course since he is in the playoffs and super bowl he will put the effort in.  His issue is dedication and attitude, he has off the charts talent.

1 hour ago, Cray51 said:

Fournette has been AWFUL in Tampa.  He had one good run where he initially was stopped for a 3 yard gain but Green Bay couldnt tackle.

Bell would have been a better pickup but he chose the Chiefs.

He was awful pretty much all year, but as much as I dislike him as a player, he has shockingly had his best moments of the year in the playoffs. He still isn't good though and even yesterday, he turned what could have been a TD into an INT.