Bills will light up NE on Sat

dtgolder

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They also have the corners capable of effectively running cover 0 if they are all playing.  We have not done so well against that thus far.  Though it is a good test for our upcoming rematch against the Ravens.

They can be beat.  We have Brown who is fast and can get off the line quick.  Needs to get open faster and on slants that take advantage of the space behind the LOS.  Beasley is shifty and small, needs to work with Josh on finding the open space, quickly.  Singletary on draws or screen passes - again beat the rush.

i don’t know if our offense is mature enough to do all of this, but to advance against the pats or ravens, they gotta figure it out.  Lost to the both of them and really could have won either game.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

The defense will hold their own, the offense will have to play their best game of the year.

I don't see it.

Well the offense played its worse game of the year against them last time.  We lost by a blocked punt.  The will definitely need to play better this time around.  Probably even better than they played last night, but best game of the year?  I don't think that will be required against the Pats.

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

I'm all for optimism, but takes likes this make us bills fans look out of touch with reality.

Apparently you have not watched many Cheatriots games this season.

The Pats have been looking very pedestrian this year!

Pressure Brady and neutralize Edelman = WIN!

Edited by cd1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is wrong. Conservatism just means you do not take unnecessary chances. Playing aggressive offense against the best defenses in the league is like playing with fire.  Why would you put the ball in jeopardy against the #1 turnover team in the NFL? The only way the Steelers could have won last night is if they got a bunch of turnovers. The Bills were smart not to give them that chance. It is the same thing against the Patriots. 

Far from the same thing against the Patriots because there won’t be any rookie QB to harass. Brady may have lost a step but compared to Hodges, he’s Brady in his prime. You can bet being conservative in this game won’t get the Bills anywhere close to a win

Edited by buffalo2218

2 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

It feels like New England is that older great champion boxer, towards the end of his career and is on the ropes, getting hit high and low and can be KO'ed with some big hits.

Time for Buffalo and others to deliver the final blows.

Unless you are George Foreman (NE) knocking out Michael Moore (Rest of League). The Beating Foreman took was brutal and his face shows it. . . UNTIL. . .  New Heavyweight Champ and everyone buys an electric grill. 

Edited by BuffaloMatt

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Far from the same thing against the Patriots because there won’t be any rookie QB to harass. Brady may have lost a step but compared to Hodges, he’s Brady in his prime. You can bet being conservative in this game won’t get the Bills anywhere close to a win

Not exactly the same thing, but that attitude is based on reputation, not scouting. Brady this year is not the Brady of past. But you are right, he is smarter than Hodges and that is an element to take into consideration. I just think that even with that in mind, you still play conservative. If you get aggressive against that defense, you will have turnovers and you will end up playing from behind. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Not exactly the same thing, but that attitude is based on reputation, not scouting. Brady this year is not the Brady of past. But you are right, he is smarter than Hodges and that is an element to take into consideration. I just think that even with that in mind, you still play conservative. If you get aggressive against that defense, you will have turnovers and you will end up playing from behind. 

I don’t mean aggressive as in taking deep shots, but mainly don’t be content with a narrow lead if an opportunity presents itself to put points on the board. I know how good our defense is, but at some point, our offense needs to provide its own spark and keep the pressure off our defense. But perhaps our run game can be established early. 

Make the Pats go on long drives of 75 yards. 
Make Brady throw to anyone really, he is below average at this point in the season and the colder it is the worse he plays. Hit him early and often. I wouldn’t mind a 15 yard personal foul hit on him early that sends the message, ‘you are getting hit tonight old man’. 
Rush four guys and pressure Brady with four, sprinkle in some blitzes. 
Block everyone on punt team.

Don’t throw up Duck balls for Gilmore to pick off.

Someone better hit Jonathan Jones hard for the Allen play. 
Pound  the rock down their throats.

Allen and Beasley have a big night. 
Brady is crying at halftime and yelling at people. 
Belichick breaks his tablet because he can’t cheat his way to another SB. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I don’t mean aggressive as in taking deep shots, but mainly don’t be content with a narrow lead if an opportunity presents itself to put points on the board. I know how good our defense is, but at some point, our offense needs to provide its own spark and keep the pressure off our defense. But perhaps our run game can be established early. 

If you have a lead, and if the other teams offense is struggling, and the other teams defense is a dominant unit, you do not put the ball in the air or in a dangerous position for more points. You run the clock and put the onus on the struggling offense to make a play.

It is a basic match-up. For example, if you are on offense, and you see Stephon Gilmore on the right side and an UDFA on the left side, and you absolutely need to make a play to win the game, you do not throw the ball to Gilmore, you throw to the UDFA.  Same thing on a grander scale here. Trying to "put points on the board" is like throwing to Gilmore when you can just throw to the UDFA. 

4 hours ago, dtgolder said:

Think the Bills will absolutely light up NE on Saturday.

For the past 3 games, Bills have been feeling the pressure of making the playoffs - some tentative play, some missed opportunities, etc. -- but overall great wins and now playoff bound.

All that pressure is now gone - and Bills are also in a celebration mode, want to have a chance at the division, and also to continue to showcase their progress on the national stage, and a bit of payback from the earlier game this year.

Add all that up and I think NE is toast - and think this also becomes that truly "breakout" game for Josh - 

Going to be fun to watch - Go Bills!

Boy, wouldn't that be a nice way to put a bow on this season.  Couldn't think of a better way to pass the AFC East torch to the new leader.

Going to be another dogfight. 
And has been the case the last few weeks another statement game for Josh and the team. If good Josh shows up they can absolutely win the game. If bad Josh is there I’m not a fan of our chances. Patriots are just too smart they are not going to beat themselves. I would love to see a strong run game and dominant time of possession. Leave Brady on the sidelines and cold and keep our D fresh and aggressive. Loving the excitement of huge games in December with major playoff implications though. Great time to be a Bills fan 

I actually think that the Bills are going to play a conservative gameplan against the Pats. I think they leaned that they can't let Josh "loose" against the Pats defense as turnovers will kill them. They also know that Brady and that offense is not what it used to be. This game away is going to be a one possession game, the type of game the Pats win by playing not to lose. 

Edited by billsfan89

4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

The Bills if they are smart will run run and run some more.. throwing it up against their secondary a lot is asking for a game changing mistake. This will be another low scoring affair won by a TD or less

I don't think their run D is all that great.  i agree, just pound away at them as much as possible.  A lot of 2 tight end sets, and bring in Duke Williams, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Expecting to win vs a team whose offense we held to 9 points in September isn't out of touch with reality.

Lighting up the best defense in the league with one of the worst offenses is (23rd). Put the pipe down. 

People who spew this nonsense make us all as Bill's fans look stupid. We haven't lit anyone up all year. 

Don't worry Webster dude, go to T.C. Hooligans and pound some more pitchers lol

Edited by Sharky7337

4 hours ago, Jobot said:

Only way the Bills win the division is by beating the Patriots and knocking Brady out from playing week-17. 

I’m good with that, especially the latter part...

Go Bills!!!

11 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Lighting up the best defense in the league with one of the worst offenses is (23rd). Put the pipe down. 

People who spew this nonsense make us all as Bill's fans look stupid. We haven't lit anyone up all year. 

Who the hell are you? GTFOH, enjoy your defeatist attitude somewhere else. 

Go Bills!!!

5 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Let's go. I think we win this game. I'm not in the least worried about going up there and winning. I stated in another thread... Even if we don't get the division this year, you at the very least can knock the Pats* out of a first-round bye AND you don't allow them to rest their starters against Miami.

YES SIR!

Important not to give Tommy Boy any rest.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

You post like a Pats**** fan.

Bottom line for me is the pressure to make the playoffs is gone.

Add to that a chance to make up for the loss earlier in the season, and a Pats team that seems vulnerable this year seems to be a perfect storm.

Really think the Bills will win convincingly on Sat

10 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Well the offense played its worse game of the year against them last time.  We lost by a blocked punt.  The will definitely need to play better this time around.  Probably even better than they played last night, but best game of the year?  I don't think that will be required against the Pats.

You may he right due to Brady's decline, but that defense is very good.  Only top tier QBs have been able to beat them. 

Edited by Chicken Boo

11 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Problem with New England is they have two elite corners followed by an impressive secondary to boot. They can easily remove Smoke and Beezer without any problems and who would be left to throw to? Perhaps Knox? Singletary? Who else?

You beat New England by running the ball. Only way Allen has a big game is if he’s running the ball. I see a loss here followed by a win over the Jets. Sorry.

Sunshower that's more of a piss shower.

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Who the hell are you? GTFOH, enjoy your defeatist attitude somewhere else. 

Go Bills!!!

Who are you? Being realistic is not being a defeatist. But feel free to get a mental evaluation.

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

You post like a Pats**** fan.

Na I post like Bill's fan that knows our team and doesn't hallucinate dreams of grandeur.

I hope the Bill's win, and I'd love a blowout in our favor, but like Brandon Beane said we are not a finished product. Did you call him a Pat's fan too? Lol

Edited by Sharky7337